It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:46

Text Size

Card resale values at defferent keeps

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Card resale values at defferent keeps

Postby Haytrid » 05 Jan 2012, 16:07

Does anyone know the formula for why a card will sell for one amount at a keep and a different amount at another keep? I always wanted to try to get the best price I could for selling cards but haven't spent the time to look for a trend that would explain the fluctuating values.
Haytrid

Re: Card resale values at defferent keeps

Postby doenerchef » 05 Jan 2012, 19:20

Well, first of all the card prices are linked to the food prices. So in villages (no name on overview map) food always costs 15 Gold and if you buy cards here they are cheapest. Never SELL cards in villages.
Then there are towns where food costs 20 or 25 respectively. The former have lower card prices then the latter, but they're still both higher than in villages. Always try to sell your cards in towns where the food is 25 Gold.
Then there are the colors. Depending on the terrain the town is located in, different colors have different prices. Be careful though, sometimes it lookes like a town in in the forest, but in fact it's on a tiny patch of plains in the middle of the forest.
The best way to find the right location to sell cards, however, (BUYING is never really an issue... just buy everything you can get at every village and sell it in the nearest 25-town) is to always keep a basic land of every color. When you rightclick the land in the deckbuilder in a town where food is 25 you will see that you can sell the land for either 20, 25 or 30 Gold. This goes for all cards of that color. So if you want to sell a green/red/white/blue/black card, look for a town where food is 25 and a forest/mountain/plains/island/swamp can be sold for 30.
This is bye the way crucial to success early on in the game! Find a 25-town, look what colors get 30 and then roam the villages buying all cards of that color and selling them in the town. You buy basic lands for 10 in villages, sell them for 30 in the right town. That's 200% profit (minus the food you eat on the way...). I'm not sure it all prices are tripled in a good town compared to a village, but you'll make a huge profit anyways.
doenerchef

Re: Card resale values at defferent keeps

Postby Haytrid » 05 Jan 2012, 20:38

Great advice! I did always buy every card at villages and sell at keeps but never noticed that the land sale amount determined the value of the spells at that keep.

I just started a new game on Wizard difficulty using jiansonz enemy deck over-hauls to see if it made the game more difficult.

Thanks for the tip!
Haytrid

Return to Shandalar