It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:58

Text Size

Blue Weenie Deck?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Blue Weenie Deck?

Postby doenerchef » 06 Jan 2012, 20:40

I've been reading on the internet about White and Green Weenie Decks in Shandalar, but haven't found anything for blue. I'm well aware that there are more powerful ways to build a blue deck, but those spoiler/control decks are no fun to play.
Since the ISO version has significantly beefed up the lords (i.e. Goblin Lord and Lord of Atlantis now effect themselves, making them 3/3 mountain/island-walk monsters for 2 Mana - way better than the Knights) in contrast to basic MicroProse Shandalar, a Merfolk-based deck seems very attractive to me. So far I sport:

14 Island
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
2 Merfolk Assassin (not great, but Merman)
4 Flying Men (should I take them out?)
2 Counterspell (more? less? none?)
2 Sunken City
4 Lifetap (for dungeons)
4 Magical Hack (to make Life Tap more versatile and give Merfolk "any-walk")

Do you have any suggestions how to make this deck any stronger/faster/safer without giving up on the "Weenie" idea? I had Zephyer Falcons in, but I took them out in favor of more Merfolk...
doenerchef

Re: Blue Weenie Deck?

Postby gmzombie » 07 Jan 2012, 17:53

falcons are great cause they dont tap when you attack right? i put together a red weenie deck with kolbolds. Those things come out quick and there is alot of them in the game.. i also have a 60 card deck in the game..yea its pushing it but i figured if im going to beat the main guy i might as well have cards..lol i always like the concept of burn/counterspell
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby doenerchef » 07 Jan 2012, 18:21

Yeah, the falcons don't tap, but I usually fry an opponent in the first 5-8 turns anyway and I hardly ever block (except when I draw poorly). So I took them out.

I've changed the deck a bit to make it more dungeon worthy:
14 Island
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Flying Men
4 Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
4 Sunken City
4 Lifetap
4 Magical Hack
2 Boomerang (for Power Struggle Dungeons, in Crusade/Bad Moon Dungeons I use Sleight of Mind to change bonus to blue *cheeky*)

This deck seems even better. The only opponents I have trouble with are Merfolk Shamans (makes sense...)

Before this I built a kobold deck as well, but it wasn't very strong. Shandalar doesn't have that mean Coat of Arms which makes kobolds uncannily mean. So I sported all the kobolds, all their masters (overlord, taskmaster and drill sergeant) and some other cards, but the deck wasn't strong enough.
doenerchef

Postby gmzombie » 07 Jan 2012, 18:46

yea i hate power struggle..that card sucks
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to Shandalar