It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:29

Text Size

Greetings!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Greetings!

Postby DevArmaya » 10 Feb 2012, 21:19

I just wanted to say Hello and I am in the process of DLing the ISO, if this is and does what I hope it does.... I will come back and let you all know my thoughts once its complete LOL! If I can find my way out of Shandalar!

Now, if only I can find a Win7 friendly and updated version of my other favorite Microprose game.
DevArmaya

Re: Greetings!

Postby DevArmaya » 11 Feb 2012, 00:46

Ok, have it burned and installed. I want to say thank you for doing all this hard work to get this done, I am as happy as a kid in a candy store.

After following the installation instructions it works really well, just a few small questions:

Why is it after I edit my deck and leave the city, I get into combat none of the changes I made have been applied?

I have tried both offered methods to disable/lower the sound without any luck, am I missing something?
DevArmaya

Postby Puce Moose » 11 Feb 2012, 04:23

Hi DevArmaya,

I just stumbled across the iso myself a few days ago; it's great to be back in the world of Shandalar.

Regarding the deck problems; do the changes show up if you exit the deck editor and go back into it in town? I've sometimes made the mistake of having two similar decks, and making changes to the wrong one, resulting in some puzzling draws.

You may also want to trying saving and reloading your game after making deck changes to see if it sticks.
Puce Moose

Postby DevArmaya » 14 Feb 2012, 13:24

Figured out what it was, I had lowered the number of cards in my deck to low and it had "added" random lands to bring it back up.

As to the sound thing, still got no luck with it.

Also having some issues with the face builder, it works most times but when it comes to the part where you give yourself a name its has filled out with a magnitude of odd characters.

Is there a way to increase the size of the games video output? Or at least center it?
DevArmaya

Postby gmzombie » 15 Feb 2012, 12:26

size of the video output will only goto 1024x768 is the highest. basically this part of the game has not been modded. i to love shandalar and cant want till this actually can be fixed up. i just disable the sound as it is annoying.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby CirothUngol » 18 Feb 2012, 02:31

As to the sound thing, still got no luck with it.
I've just slapped together an auto-volume adjuster for the Manalink WAV files. Go to my MediaFire MtG folder and look under "Manalink 1.3.2" for Manalink WAV Adjust.rar, extract it to the root of a Hard Drive and edit the "AdjustWAV.cmd" file for further details.

You could also use the DuelSound Toggler to turn the Sounds On/Off... look under "Manalink 2.x" in the MediaFire folder.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 18 Feb 2012, 02:52

Nice...a set of sounds with lowered volume was posted a long time ago in the other forum, but it sounds like you have the comprehensive solution this time.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Shandalar