It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:03

Text Size

How can I see which cards has in the Manalink package?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

How can I see which cards has in the Manalink package?

Postby joollim » 27 Apr 2012, 13:11

Hi
I have downloaded different Microprose MtG Updates... Manalink v1, v2, v2.1, v3, etc. Each these updates have differents card installed... is there a file in program's folder that shows the cards have in the update? I would like to do a comparison and choose one to play.
Hos can I insert a new card in manalink? is there a tutorial or post explain this?
Thanks
joollim

Re: How can I see which cards has in the Manalink package?

Postby CirothUngol » 28 Apr 2012, 06:26

Sure, look for the Manalink.csv file and view it in Excel (or OpenCalc, etc). Manalink v2.0 usually has it in the main program folder, while Manalink v3.0 has it in the \magic_updater\ folder.

As for injecting cards, go to the Manalink Wiki and look under the Installation Guide for info on the Updated Deck Editor for Manalink 2.0. I could never get that utility to work correctly, but some have good luck with it. The only other alternative for injecting cards that I know of is the My2000 utility, in the same location on the Wiki.

...unless you're talking about Manalink v3.0 or you want to write code for cards, then you'd want to go to the Development Forum for more info.

Also, if you'd like the last version of Manalink v2.0 released before cards were removed to make more room then check out \Manalink 2.x 20100109\ at the link in my sig.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Return to Shandalar