It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:06

Text Size

Looking for WiSK's Shandalar bug list

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Looking for WiSK's Shandalar bug list

Postby Per » 06 Jul 2012, 23:01

Hello,

I've been trying to get my hands on a priceless document that seems to have vanished from the web, namely the old Shandalar bug list maintained by WiSK. You can find references to it in a few places (it's mentioned in the old Magic FAQ by Dana Huyler, for instance), but the list itself is nowhere to be found, and the Wayback Machine hasn't logged it. I managed to contact WiSK himself a while back to ask if he had it, and he said he might have a copy on a different computer and he'd try to get it for me, but then I never heard anything more so maybe he couldn't.

They say nothing ever disappears from the web and I thought maybe for once this could be true in a positive sense. If anyone has a copy lying around, or knows of someone who knows someone who might have it, I'd be very happy if you could share it with me!
Per

Re: Looking for WiSK's Shandalar bug list

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Jul 2012, 12:02

First of all welcome to our forums.Unfortunately I can't help with the bug list.
I wanted to ask you the mapping you did for cards.dat and rest was after Mok made any changes or from the original game?
I was thinking about:
cards.dat
37 poison/rampage specs
38 regeneration cost string address

as thay don't exist on the customizable csv we have and poison and rampage are both not understantable by AI.
Do you know anything more about them?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Looking for WiSK's Shandalar bug list

Postby Per » 20 Jul 2012, 23:58

This was before Manalink 2.0, so it's probably not relevant to your current data structure, I'm afraid.

In any case, the first two bytes of that group are unused (possibly they're a continuation of the previous 8 bytes used for specifying abilities), the third is the rampage value, the fourth is the poison value (e.g. 1 for Pit Scorpion, 2 for Marsh Viper).
Per

Return to Shandalar