It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:56

Text Size

Shandalar Questions Manalinks not staying?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar Questions Manalinks not staying?

Postby sandman423 » 03 Oct 2012, 22:15

I have got the 2012 Shandalar and I am noticing in game that I got manalinks so my life was up to 20 and that as I progressed in the story my life slowly ended up getting smaller. I can't seem to find the old rules for shandalar so I am not sure why this is happening.

Another thing is I was wondering is there a button to hold on the keyboard to react to my opponents turn or upkeep because I notice I can't pay upkeep cost on my turn because it doesn't let me...I had paralyze on my guys and didn't give me an option to untap..

Also I had disrupting scepter out and I want to be able to tap opponents lands down or creatures before he attacks but is this possible?
sandman423

Re: Shandalar Questions Manalinks not staying?

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Oct 2012, 03:47

Sandman423 if you right click on the upkeep phase icon or the untap you can then select an option that puts a stop there so every turn will stop there and let you activate anything.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jiansonz » 04 Oct 2012, 11:54

sandman423 wrote:I have got the 2012 Shandalar and I am noticing in game that I got manalinks so my life was up to 20 and that as I progressed in the story my life slowly ended up getting smaller. I can't seem to find the old rules for shandalar so I am not sure why this is happening.
My guess is that the enemies took over cities you had manalinks to. If you free that city, you need to re-establish the manalink to it. Look for a quest to do that in the surrounding villages.

sandman423 wrote:Also I had disrupting scepter out and I want to be able to tap opponents lands down or creatures before he attacks but is this possible?
I think you must have meant a card other than Disrupting Scepter. Disrupting Scepter can only be used on your turn (and forces the opponent to discard a card). Icy Manipulator can do either of the two things you wanted to (taps artifact, creature or land). Relic Barrier can tap artifacts (including an enemies' artifact creature).
jiansonz

Postby sandman423 » 06 Oct 2012, 09:16

sandman423

Postby gmzombie » 29 Oct 2012, 01:49

you must always remember this part of the manalink game is on 4th edition rules. but you should be able to if you can the card name will be yellow.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to Shandalar