It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:01

Text Size

Difference between Shandalar 2012 and MTG 2010 Custom ISO

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Difference between Shandalar 2012 and MTG 2010 Custom ISO

Postby DandyDev » 30 Mar 2013, 21:52

Hey all!

I've been wanting to play the old Microprose MTG game for a long time now, but previously it wasn't possible because it's clearly not made for modern computers. Now I've discovered this forum and the work that's been done in updating the game for modern systems :D I've been trying out some of the stuff found here, but some things aren't really clear to me:

• What's the difference between Shandalar 2012 (as found here) and Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO (as found here)?
  • How does Manalink 3.0 fit into this picture?

Can somebody shed some light on these matters?
DandyDev

Re: Difference between Shandalar 2012 and MTG 2010 Custom IS

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Mar 2013, 06:56

-Shandalar 2012 has ONLY shandalar=the adventure part of the game but newer UI artwork,new deck builder and other stuff as you can see on it's post.

-MTG 2010 Custom ISO has the whole game in an easy to install version with the old graphics-deck builder and has more cards coded (1200 if I remember correctly) than the original to play with in duel-gauntlet but not Shandalar.

-Manalink3.0 has the full game heavily modded to support new graphics-deck builder-new artwork and thousands cards are supported and can be played for duel-gauntlet-draft.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby DandyDev » 31 Mar 2013, 08:14

Thanks for the info! I couldn't find that information so clearly in the various posts. Some more questions:

- Does Shandalar 2012 contain more cards than MTG 2010 custom ISO (that already has more than the original game)?

- Am I correct to assume that Manalink3.0 doesn't have the adventure part?

- Will Shandalar 2012 get updates to play with new cards that are part of Manalink3.0?

- Can you play multiplayer with Manalink3.0, over the internet? With all cards contained in it?
DandyDev

Postby gmzombie » 31 Mar 2013, 19:02

no nothing has been done to shandalar.

the adventure part is there but its still shandalar they are 2 separate entities

not likely unless you know how to code in asm. then there could be a possibility.

no you cant at this time. Since the game has been heavily modded/hacked in the past it wacked the internet playability with all cards. pretty much you would have to just play with the unmodified original 952 cards..not fun. again a ASM coder could help fix this but no one here either has the time or the resources to take up that idea.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to Shandalar