It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:43

Text Size

Magic: The Puzzling & Some Info On This New Forum!

Magic's History, Pro Tour, Publications & Magic: The Puzzling

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Magic: The Puzzling & Some Info On This New Forum!

Postby Bog Wraith » 28 Oct 2010, 21:20

For those of you who remember the great old MTG magazine "The Duelist", Magic's head designer Mark Rosewater used to write a segment called Magic The Puzzling. There are some examples of these great puzzles at the main WotC web site that Huggy linked to in the Duels of the Planeswalkers forum:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3287

I bought Rosewaters' book which collected allot of those puzzles when it came out in 1996 and I wanted to post one of the puzzles here & see if you guys had any interest in us doing this on a regular basis. (See the Magic: The Puzzling # 1 "INCOMING!" thread below.)

Let us know what you think of this idea & if you'd like to see more of these. We're also going to include some background info & general history of Magic: The Gathering from articles from The Duelist & other MTG periodicals, as well as info on the Pro Tour & the great players, matches & decks that made & continue to make MTG played at the highest level a fascinating thing to watch & follow.

So enjoy the puzzles & the info as we explore together arguably the greatest game ever invented that is loved and played by millions of people around the world!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Magic: The Gathering Facts & Fun