It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:03

Text Size

The Duelist, Sideboard & Other MTG Periodicals

Magic's History, Pro Tour, Publications & Magic: The Puzzling

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

The Duelist, Sideboard & Other MTG Periodicals

Postby Bog Wraith » 29 Oct 2010, 02:35

Here, we'll be posting articles from the various MTG periodicals from the past & some from the present. Long gone favourites like The Duelist that had great in depth articles, The Sideboard, which covered the Pro Tour with reports, results & deck lists & strategies, as well as some of the other magazines that are sadly gone now. We'd like to cover segments pertaining to some of the artwork and interviews with some of the players, creators, artists and other folks that made MTG what it is today.

If you have any media of any kind to share with us, please PM me or Huggy and we'll arrange to get it posted. If you have any stories or experiences with the game or the Pro Tour, whether as a player or a fan, please post your thoughts here.

This is another part of the game we want to hi-light, the history, people, places, and of course the cards behind the grand daddy of them all, the one that started the whole CCG craze in the first place! We just past the 17 year anniversary of this great game, so there is lots to cover.

Now for a little glimpse into that history. I thought, what better image to start with then the one from The Sideboard magazine of exactly 10 years ago this October. It is a picture of, IMHO & most others who have followed the game, the greatest Pro Tour player of all time. He is seen here after winning his World Championship & leading Team USA to the Team Championship as well.

The one & only "Jonny Magic"

Jon Finkel
Attachments
Johnny Magic.jpg
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: The Duelist, Sideboard & Other MTG Periodicals

Postby DemoneNero » 14 Nov 2010, 21:28

I don't know if this is the right place to ask (if not just delete the post)but I got something I would like to upload.
A strategy guide in html format (taken from "Magic: The Gathering - Interactive Encyclopedia" CD). It contains "The Official Classic 6th Edition Game Strategy Guide" as a plain text without pictures, some articles taken from The Duelist, the 6th Edition Comprehensive Rules and other articles.
"The Official Classic 6th Edition Game Strategy Guide" as a pdf with pictures(taken from "Starter 2000" CD).

Just let me know if I can post them :D
Hold The Heathen Hammer High
DemoneNero

Postby Huggybaby » 14 Nov 2010, 23:52

Yes, please post anything you like.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby DemoneNero » 15 Nov 2010, 00:03

Ok I just need some time :)
Edit:
Posted :D
Hold The Heathen Hammer High
DemoneNero

Postby charlequin » 07 Dec 2014, 20:00

Is anyone familiar with a comprehensive source of Duelist magazine scans or images? I've been looking around and haven't located anything yet, but it would surprise me if no one's made an effort to scan and archive this magazine....
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby TravisT » 22 Nov 2018, 14:06

"Is anyone familiar with a comprehensive source of Duelist magazine scans or images? I've been looking around and haven't located anything yet, but it would surprise me if no one's made an effort to scan and archive this magazine...."
Man, I'm actually looking for the same thing. Anyone found it yet?
TravisT

Return to Magic: The Gathering Facts & Fun