It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:56

Text Size

The future of my PDA programs

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

The future of my PDA programs

Postby Goblin Hero » 26 Apr 2011, 17:26

Wizards has invented a new thing: phyrexia mana symbols. Now I can't just generate new database and pack it into PocketMTG/PalmMWS setup as I did for the last several years. This will require code changes (and some graphic work). Frankly speaking I do not want to do it. Installing old IDEs, remembering how everything works... I'd better spend my time on MA project. Right now I have no interest in PDA programs. Palm platform is dead (rest in peace, old friend). Windows Mobile is still alive (though I do not understand the decision to make WM7 completely incompatible with the old versions) and I still have a WM smartphone, but life counter functionality is enough for my occasional games with the friends.
Like it or not, but I want to stop developing and supporting my PDA programs. If someone want to continue my work I'll share all the source code and resources. The problem is database generator, which is the part of my private software. Even with the generator code you'll need my internal database (and I won't share it, sorry). Without it you'll need to rewrite database generator code. PalmMWS is C++ Metrowerks CodeWarrior project. PocketMTG is C++ Visual Studio 2008 project.
Update:
I'll create New Phyrexia database for PDA programs, but phyrexian mana symbols will be listed as {2W}...{2G}.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The future of my PDA programs

Postby Megres » 28 Apr 2011, 12:35

I apologize in advance, cause my suggestion could sound silly, but can't you code the phyrexian mana symbol just like you did for cards like Spectral Procession?

You could say in the card's text that the caster can substitute the colored mana symbol with 2 life paying for each mana, without changing the appearance of the card.
Megres

Postby Goblin Hero » 28 Apr 2011, 12:45

Megres wrote:You could say in the card's text that the caster can substitute the colored mana symbol with 2 life paying for each mana, without changing the appearance of the card.
Hmm. Interesting idea.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby temik » 28 Apr 2011, 19:08

It will change rules text of the cards and it's bad. Probably it would be better to invent some keyword like 'phyrexia' with the same meaning. But inevitably old software will be unable to support new wizards invention.
temik

Postby Megres » 28 Apr 2011, 20:01

temik wrote:It will change rules text of the cards and it's bad.
Why bad?
Megres

Return to PocketMTG and PalmMWS