It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:55

Text Size

Multilingual support

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Multilingual support

Postby kannikkiy » 21 Apr 2013, 19:21

Dear friends!

I have been enjoying the Magarena since version 1.24. But I'm from Russia and despite the popularity of this game in my country there are many problems with its distribution. I'm a programmer, but not in Java. However I consider that adding a possibility of multilingual support is not so difficult. Russian language is one of the most used languages for card translation. Hence it's possible to translate not only interface part of the game but cards themselves. I wrote a simple program, which replace the prefix "en" to "ru" in scripts files and after downloading images I got translated cards ;). But I can't translate the interface... :( If you can create the file of language interface I can help you with its translation into Russian and following distribution in my country

Best regards, Kannikkiy.
kannikkiy

Re: Multilingual support

Postby melvin » 01 Jun 2013, 14:08

Thanks for the offer, kannikkiy. Tracking this on feature suggestion 355, https://code.google.com/p/magarena/issues/detail?id=355 The interface text should be not be too difficult to split into a separate properties file, a slightly harder task would be the rules text embedded in the card scripts.
melvin
AI Programmer

Re: Multilingual support

Postby Max mtg » 08 Jul 2013, 07:53

Could become an easier task when you refer paragraphs of oracle text by number from groovy scripts
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Return to Magarena