It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:46

Text Size

Improve the way Magarena popup card detail

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Improve the way Magarena popup card detail

Postby vitid » 23 Oct 2013, 14:15

Hi,

I recently improve the way Magarena popup card detail to be positioned on the right panel instead of popup over the pointing card since I think it is much more easier to navigate the battlefield.This apply to both card in hand,card on battlefield,card in graveyard,remove zone and also card on stack.

Also,I add text panel over the image to display useful information such as card definition,its power/toughness.If those card is permanent on the battlefield it will also display its current power/toughness and also it currently governed ability(which retrieved from enumeration in PermanentViewerInfo.abilityFlags)

It need additional tweak,just wanna know what do you think of it? and how should I contribute this code(commit via Mercurial?Who should I notify to?)

thank,
Attachments
stack.jpg
card on stack
permanent.jpg
permanent card when pointed showed on right hand panel
vitid

Re: Improve the way Magarena popup card detail

Postby Huggybaby » 24 Oct 2013, 12:30

Contact melvin, he'll probably see your post anyway.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby melvin » 25 Oct 2013, 02:11

@Huggybaby thanks for bringing this to my attention

Hi vitid, thanks for your contribution. The easiest way to getting it merged into Magarena is to create a server side clone via https://code.google.com/p/magarena/source/createClone and push your changes there. Then notify us on the dev mailing list at magarena@googlegroups.com

Do make the change configurable so we can easily switch between the current method and the new one.

The text panel needs some more work to integrate it into the UI, perhaps it should use some elements of the current theme instead of a pure white background?

Personally I prefer the popup over the card so my eyes don't have to travel all the way to the right, but that could be because I'm used to the way it works now. Another method which was recently contributed is to remove the auto popup and use the mouse wheel to trigger the popup.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby Lodici » 25 Oct 2013, 12:26

My two cents.

From your screen shot you appear to have an enormous wide screen but Magarena's minimum resolution is 1024 x 600 (W x H) at which I think a permanent popup would encroach upon a busy battlefield. You also need to bear in mind the "Show cards at original size" option. Obviously if you make your feature optional then it becomes less of an issue.

The majority of the information displayed is just a duplicate of what is already displayed on the card so what is the point? However, the info displayed below the line in the second image is very useful since this shows the net P/T and any affects applied to the card and which might not be obvious from the (tiny) icons overlayed on the card image in the battlefield. Perhaps add an option to show this as a tooltip over the card on the battlefield?

- Lodici
Lodici
Programmer

Postby vitid » 26 Oct 2013, 03:40

Lodici wrote:My two cents.

From your screen shot you appear to have an enormous wide screen but Magarena's minimum resolution is 1024 x 600 (W x H) at which I think a permanent popup would encroach upon a busy battlefield. You also need to bear in mind the "Show cards at original size" option. Obviously if you make your feature optional then it becomes less of an issue.

The majority of the information displayed is just a duplicate of what is already displayed on the card so what is the point? However, the info displayed below the line in the second image is very useful since this shows the net P/T and any affects applied to the card and which might not be obvious from the (tiny) icons overlayed on the card image in the battlefield. Perhaps add an option to show this as a tooltip over the card on the battlefield?

- Lodici
Yep,I will add option in Preference menu to let you choose between each popup method

about card size scaling I can't find easy way to do it yet, I try reuse some existing code but I get some wired error(don't know why?)

My screen is 20 inch, 1600 × 900.Screen higher that that should work fine.
vitid

Return to Magarena