It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:23

Text Size

Please can we standardize deck filenames

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Please can we standardize deck filenames

Postby melvin » 12 Mar 2014, 07:40

We currently have a mechanism to describe cubes, we maintain a standard/modern/legacy cube that is updated automatically for each release. The files are in Magarena/mods/<format>_cube.txt.

Figuring how which cards are legal in each format is a pain indeed, at the moment I'm pulling the data from deckbox.org.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 13 Mar 2014, 16:21

Lodici wrote:
ShawnieBoy wrote:It would depend which format would be most helpful for you.
At its simplest, you could have a set-named txt file per set, with a list of all the names of cards in that set. Each format would then be a txt file with a list of all legal sets by name.
The simpler the better! :) I envisage a new directory, "sets", which will contain the txt files you describe. When Magarena starts up (or maybe just on demand) it will parse these files into an internal object structure so that it can easily be used where required - for example, as a filter in the card explorer. The idea being that anyone who feels so inclined can contribute new sets without requiring a rebuild of the source code. It seems pretty straightforward - we just need to design the format for the sets file. Any ideas or examples welcome! :)
I can pull all the set and format information (Already made a start but I fear I'm in the middle of the following):

Lodici wrote:
ShawnieBoy wrote:I'd love a system that would also list cards that aren't yet implemented,...
It would be simple enough to display the "unimplementable.tsv" file in game if that would be any help.
Uhm, not really - those are cards that can't be implemented. I was thinking more of when all the set info is completed, there will be cards on there which aren't in magarena, but can be. Although filtering them through unimplementable.tsv would be a good call.

Lodici wrote:
ShawnieBoy wrote:...and have an in-game script submission :)
If you mean some sort of script editor then that sounds like a lot of work!
Yeah, I know :( But I can always dream! :) It would be a lot of work for probably not a lot of reward. But would be cool, lol. And certainly something I've not seen before. Especially if Magarena can parse through it in-game and let you know what's wrong. The fact that scripting is so close to the printed card text is a bonus worth showing off about :)

melvin wrote:We currently have a mechanism to describe cubes, we maintain a standard/modern/legacy cube that is updated automatically for each release. The files are in Magarena/mods/<format>_cube.txt.

Figuring how which cards are legal in each format is a pain indeed, at the moment I'm pulling the data from deckbox.org.
I forgot about the cubes. Although they would be a lot simpler to put together if we had a list of all the sets/cards etc. Each format would be a list of all legal sets, plus a banned list and/or restricted list.

I have the time at the moment, so I'll keep working on it (Just the Set/Block/Legality lists so far). Hopefully will have something to show for it soon, hehe.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 14 Mar 2014, 07:00

ShawnieBoy wrote:I can pull all the set and format information (Already made a start but I fear I'm in the middle of the following):
I noticed the new lists you have committed so far. Awesome effort. =D>
Lodici
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Mar 2014, 16:14

Thanks!

All using the official 3-character codes for the sets -except- Conflux is CFX (a'la magiccards.info) as Windows (in its infinite wisdom) won't allow filenames called CON.

All the 'regular' sets have been uploaded, along with all other sets that have added new cards (Portal, Commander etc.) So these should cover all possible cards.

Hopefully that's what you were looking for.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magarena