It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:11

Text Size

Magarena 1.49

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magarena 1.49

Postby Huggybaby » 08 May 2014, 22:15

My point was that if you're worried about Hasbro or anyone else, Forge has more cards, has more people involved, and is still doing fine.

NTM Waguc, which has an even larger forum, and sells an app on the app store.

And I could go on, but my point is there's no point in that line of discussion.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby hong yie » 09 May 2014, 03:48

Huggybaby wrote:My point was that if you're worried about Hasbro or anyone else, Forge has more cards, has more people involved, and is still doing fine.

NTM Waguc, which has an even larger forum, and sells an app on the app store.

And I could go on, but my point is there's no point in that line of discussion.
agreed :)
hong yie
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 09 May 2014, 06:49

:) Spelling correction=Wagic, not Waguc, arghh.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Greendogo » 23 May 2014, 05:31

Are there any additional features on the horizon for Magarena, such as games involving more than two players (AI), or more than one human player (via network play)?
Greendogo

Postby Lodici » 23 May 2014, 08:58

Greendogo wrote:Are there any additional features on the horizon for Magarena, such as games involving more than two players (AI), or more than one human player (via network play)?
I don't think either of these are in the thoughts of the current development team. I would say the primary concern is implementing a strong and challenging AI, increasing the pool of supported cards (without compromising AI) and improving the UI (my particular interest). But who knows, someone might come along tomorrow and start working on these features. That's the beauty of open source.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 24 May 2014, 01:21

Lodici wrote:
Greendogo wrote:Are there any additional features on the horizon for Magarena, such as games involving more than two players (AI), or more than one human player (via network play)?
I don't think either of these are in the thoughts of the current development team. I would say the primary concern is implementing a strong and challenging AI, increasing the pool of supported cards (without compromising AI) and improving the UI (my particular interest). But who knows, someone might come along tomorrow and start working on these features. That's the beauty of open source.
I agree with Lodici - Although having more than one AI opponent would be far more likely than a human opponent. But that isn't even on our radar right now.

The card pool (my particular interest) is steadily growing, practically daily, and with every card viable for the three AI's. The 50% mark of all tournament legal cards printed is in sight.

Magarena's all about the AI :)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby kannrain89 » 24 May 2014, 01:59

well, I wonder if Magarena's AI could be implemented into Forge. If then, it will be the ultimate program.
kannrain89

Postby Lodici » 24 May 2014, 07:26

The ultimate program would be to create a common java MTG library/framework containing all the best bits from the various java implementations onto which you could easily bolt different UIs.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby melvin » 24 May 2014, 10:05

kannrain89 wrote:well, I wonder if Magarena's AI could be implemented into Forge. If then, it will be the ultimate program.
Magarena's AI implemented in Forge would probably not be as good as Magarena's AI in Magarena, it may even be worse than the current Forge AI. Magarena is built around the goal of creating a challenging AI, we achieve this by altering game rules and having a restricted card pool. The AI algorithms is just one of the ingredients for a challenging computer opponent.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 25 May 2014, 13:06

melvin wrote:we don't have data at 6s, but based on results we published at https://code.google.com/p/magarena/wiki/AIComparison

At 8s, the strongest is Monte Carlo Tree Search.
This doesn't seem to be the case at the moment - I find it very strange that a 4s MCTS is performing better than the 8s...
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby melvin » 25 May 2014, 13:34

ShawnieBoy wrote:This doesn't seem to be the case at the moment - I find it very strange that a 4s MCTS is performing better than the 8s...
The page was updated recently for 1.49, the older data I cited is further down on the page. It does seem odd that 4s does better than 8s. The actual difference is very small, so it could be due to not having enough games to reduce the variance in the scores. Another thing to note is that scores from the previous version are not comparable with scores in the new version.
melvin
AI Programmer

Previous

Return to Magarena