It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:59

Text Size

Project Firemind is back

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Project Firemind is back

Postby mike » 22 Jul 2015, 15:28

New server is up and duels are being run again.
mike
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 24 Jul 2015, 18:43

Mike sorry to bother you every couple of days but lately there's been some kind of bug with the deck legality checks. The deck screen will say "this deck is not legal for <format>" in the area where you usually find the button that lets you start 10 duels against every one of the top 10 decks in that format. When you click the line, the popup actually says "this deck IS legal for <format>", but the "not legal" warning stays up no matter how many times you refresh the page. As a result, the quick duels button is never enabled. I don't know whether you can still setup duels manually or not.
PalladiaMors

Postby mike » 25 Jul 2015, 19:37

Mike sorry to bother you every couple of days but lately there's been some kind of bug with the deck legality checks. The deck screen will say "this deck is not legal for <format>" in the area where you usually find the button that lets you start 10 duels against every one of the top 10 decks in that format. When you click the line, the popup actually says "this deck IS legal for <format>", but the "not legal" warning stays up no matter how many times you refresh the page. As a result, the quick duels button is never enabled. I don't know whether you can still setup duels manually or not.
I'm actually glad someone takes the time to report these issues. So please don't apologize :) I hope you won't find any more bugs but if you do, could you please use the issue tracker linked in the footer of firemind.ch? And maybe add the URL of a page that is broken? That should speed up the time it takes me to respond and fix the problem.

The problem this time was the background worker that was supposed to assign the format had crashed because there was an issue with the new archetype calculation. The issue should be fixed now and there is now a job monitoring that the worker is up and running at all times.
mike
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 07 Oct 2015, 21:19

Could the Firemind Top Decks feed return a constant number of decks (10, 15, 20 or whatever). It is a bit weird that some days you get 20+ and some days like today there are only 10.
ScreenShot00334.png
Lodici
Programmer

Postby mike » 07 Oct 2015, 21:29

Well, I limit the number to 9 for each format. Since Standard just rotated there are no Standard decks with ratings currently, that's why there is less right now.
mike
Programmer

Postby muppet » 14 Feb 2016, 15:02

Currently I can't submit challenges still as you know so my deck ratings might be a bit mad in some cases mainly my anti bogles deck.
In general I am trying to play a few random decks from the top decks to not screw up the ratings but in the case of this deck for example I was just playing bogles to try to diversify the field a bit given its only bogles at the minute.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 14 Feb 2016, 18:21

I think what my bro Mups means is that, since the last update, the button that automatically sets up duels against the top 10 decks in a certain format hasn't been working.

Button in the deck screen, right side, below "Legal in / Challenge".

I remember that this happened once, probably over a year ago, I reported the issue and Mikey fixed it real quick.

While not necessary to use Firemind, that little button is quite handy!

Thanks for your attention Mike, let's test the new cards in Firemind! Pretty sure that the AI is going to do well with cost reducers.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Feb 2016, 18:57

I'm having trouble logging in with Google - "Could not authenticate you from GoogleOauth2 because "Invalid credentials"." Which is a bit strange seeing as I'm already logged into google.
Is it their authorisation key thing messing things up?
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby mike » 14 Feb 2016, 19:11

Ah, you mean _that_ Challenge Button. Seems a jQuery upgrade broke my ability to send that request via http post that's why it gave a 404 (and I didn't get error E-Mails about it). It's fixed now.

Aaand google broke the authentication API and made me manually enable Google+ via their dev console for some reason. That's fixed now too.

Why is everyone trying to break firemind? =(
mike
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Feb 2016, 19:22

Thanks for the quick-fix, will try not to break anything while I'm there ;)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 08 Mar 2016, 12:49

Aether Vial causes a this isn't a valid deck error in every deck in the firemind top decks list when I try to use them.

Aether Vial works perfectly in decks I create and save myself offline.
muppet
Tester

Postby Lodici » 08 Mar 2016, 14:32

muppet wrote:Aether Vial causes a this isn't a valid deck error in every deck in the firemind top decks list when I try to use them.

Aether Vial works perfectly in decks I create and save myself offline.
I think this is more likely a Magarena "feature" related to the way it parses or saves the deck file received from Firemind. Issue #718 raised.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muppet » 08 Mar 2016, 16:23

Ok just to add more info. If I upload a deck from a mage arena deck file to firemind I have to edit any deck with aether vial in it to alter the ae to some special character.
muppet
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 09 Mar 2016, 00:46

muppet wrote:Ok just to add more info. If I upload a deck from a mage arena deck file to firemind I have to edit any deck with aether vial in it to alter the ae to some special character.
This is also due to the difference in Aether Vial and Æther Vial (Also shows nicely here with the highlighting.) Magarena uses the accented card names as printed. Does sometimes catch me out with cards like Ifh-Bíff Efreet where the accent is near invisible.

Thankfully Æ (called Ash) is the only frequent accent character, most others only appear occasionally (Arabian Nights being the worst offender - I think they realised what problems it can cause after the first expansion). I've had to work with these so often I can list all the cards in MTG with non-Æ accents :D

Dandân
El-Hajjâj
Ghazbán Ogre
Ifh-Bíff Efreet
Jötun Grunt
Jötun Owl Keeper
Junún Efreet
Juzám Djinn
Khabál Ghoul
Márton Stromgald
Ring of Ma'rûf
Bösium Strip