It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:18

Text Size

UI Translation?

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

UI Translation?

Postby Lodici » 11 Jan 2015, 12:21

I am wondering whether there is any demand for a translation capability for the text displayed in the UI (but not card data). I have been working on refactoring out all the UI text strings to a single consolidated class and a nice consequence of this is that it is now easy to override the default English text by supplying a simple text file with the translations (see attached for example). As mentioned, this will have no effect on the actual card data but it would make things like the preferences dialog easier to use which contains lots of help text for each setting.
Attachments
English.lang.txt
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Lodici
Programmer

Re: UI Translation?

Postby Huggybaby » 16 Jan 2015, 18:51

I would love to see this capability added. Translating is a way non-coding users can contribute.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: UI Translation?

Postby Lodici » 06 Jul 2015, 05:07

There is now a mechanism in place for translating the Magarena user interface. @PalladiaMors has kindly offered to put it through its paces and has already begun work on a portuguese translation. If anyone else is interested, full instructions can be found on the Magarena wiki. You will also need the latest 1.64 build. I hope to use the rest of this month to iron out any problems before the official 1.64 release so any help or feedback will be most appreciated. Full details (including screenshots :)) and ongoing discussion in issue #387.
Lodici
Programmer

Return to Magarena