Re: Bug reports for 1.59

Postby Lodici » 25 Mar 2015, 12:24

muaddib wrote:Game crash.
Thanks, tracking as issue 121
Lodici
Programmer

Postby sponeta » 26 Mar 2015, 21:54

AI's creature had totem armor, was killed by my blocker that had first strike, and went on to deal damage to my blocker afterwards. Was this supposed to happen? I'm not sure about the rules actually, it's a confusing situation.

AI attacks with Murkfiend Liege, with attached Snake Umbra and Quietus Spike (5/5 with deathtouch and totem armor).

I block with Champion of the Parish, which has 2x +1/+1 counters and equipped with Sharpened Pitchfork. I also have Captain of the Watch and Field Marshal in play, making Champion of the Parish total into 6/6 with first strike.

The log says:
LOG (C): Monte Carlo attacks with Murkfiend Liege.
LOG (P): Player blocks with Champion of the Parish.
LOG (C): Remove all damage from Murkfiend Liege. Snake Umbra is destroyed.
LOG (P): Champion of the Parish is destroyed.

So what seems to happen here is that my Champion of the Parish kills Murkfiend Liege with first strike, which causes Snake Umbra to be destroyed instead, and then Murkfiend Liege goes on to deal damage to Champion of the Parish. Shouldn't the first strike have stopped the attacker?
sponeta
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 26 Mar 2015, 22:30

sponeta wrote:AI's creature had totem armor, was killed by my blocker that had first strike, and went on to deal damage to my blocker afterwards. Was this supposed to happen? I'm not sure about the rules actually, it's a confusing situation.

AI attacks with Murkfiend Liege, with attached Snake Umbra and Quietus Spike (5/5 with deathtouch and totem armor).

I block with Champion of the Parish, which has 2x +1/+1 counters and equipped with Sharpened Pitchfork. I also have Captain of the Watch and Field Marshal in play, making Champion of the Parish total into 6/6 with first strike.

The log says:
LOG (C): Monte Carlo attacks with Murkfiend Liege.
LOG (P): Player blocks with Champion of the Parish.
LOG (C): Remove all damage from Murkfiend Liege. Snake Umbra is destroyed.
LOG (P): Champion of the Parish is destroyed.

So what seems to happen here is that my Champion of the Parish kills Murkfiend Liege with first strike, which causes Snake Umbra to be destroyed instead, and then Murkfiend Liege goes on to deal damage to Champion of the Parish. Shouldn't the first strike have stopped the attacker?
If the Murkfiend had regenerated, it would then have been removed from combat. However the Totems simply just remove any damage assigned, so they still remain in combat.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 27 Mar 2015, 14:12

Not related to 1.59, but to the very latest build that I've just downloaded.

I'm in my main phase and I have two untapped Seat of the Synod, one untapped Vault of Whispers, and a Pyrite Spellbomb. I'm holding Thoughtcast and cannot cast it. There's nothing in play that could interfere with playing the card.

I believe that in this build either affinity isn't working properly, or some of those cards aren't being identified as artifacts.

I playtested affinity thoroughly when it was released and am completely sure that it was then working 100% correctly.
PalladiaMors

Postby sponeta » 27 Mar 2015, 17:08

ShawnieBoy wrote:If the Murkfiend had regenerated, it would then have been removed from combat. However the Totems simply just remove any damage assigned, so they still remain in combat.
Ohhh I see. Didn't know that! Thanks, and sorry! :)
sponeta
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 28 Mar 2015, 10:51

sponeta wrote:
ShawnieBoy wrote:If the Murkfiend had regenerated, it would then have been removed from combat. However the Totems simply just remove any damage assigned, so they still remain in combat.
Ohhh I see. Didn't know that! Thanks, and sorry! :)
No need to apologise! Magic can become quite confusing at times!
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 28 Mar 2015, 10:57

PalladiaMors wrote:Not related to 1.59, but to the very latest build that I've just downloaded.

I'm in my main phase and I have two untapped Seat of the Synod, one untapped Vault of Whispers, and a Pyrite Spellbomb. I'm holding Thoughtcast and cannot cast it. There's nothing in play that could interfere with playing the card.

I believe that in this build either affinity isn't working properly, or some of those cards aren't being identified as artifacts.

I playtested affinity thoroughly when it was released and am completely sure that it was then working 100% correctly.
That is very strange - a quick look over the filters suggest they should still be recognised, I'd initially suspect the artifact land - will see if I can duplicate and have a look.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 28 Mar 2015, 11:04

Looks like it's not recognising any artifacts...

submitted a bug #133
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 28 Mar 2015, 16:20

Chain Lightning is working strangely.

When the player is targeted and receives the may choice, it works perfectly. If he's able to pay RR and chooses yes, he pays the mana, copies the card and chooses a new target for the copy.

When the AI is the one that gets the may choice, for some reason I can't fathom, it's able to get away with choosing yes and copying the spell *without* having to actually pay the mana cost. That's a weird thing I had never seen before in any other card.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 28 Mar 2015, 16:28

PalladiaMors wrote:Chain Lightning is working strangely.

When the player is targeted and receives the may choice, it works perfectly. If he's able to pay RR and chooses yes, he pays the mana, copies the card and chooses a new target for the copy.

When the AI is the one that gets the may choice, for some reason I can't fathom, it's able to get away with choosing yes and copying the spell *without* having to actually pay the mana cost. That's a weird thing I had never seen before in any other card.
Looking at the groovy, the defined action isn't checking to see if the mana cost has been spent.

I also wonder what happens when it's not targeting a creature, due to the 'it.getController()' whether the controller of a player is the player :) (Just looked and yes, it is. You control yourself)

edit: Trying to duplicate but the AI doesn't want to copy it, hehe
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 28 Mar 2015, 16:41

OK, that is weird - I can remember coming across something like this before - the check shouldn't matter as the 'yes' option should automatically go when mana is paid.

I remember now - Erratic Portal...

Code: Select all
def action = {
    final MagicGame game, final MagicEvent event ->
    if (event.isYes()) {
        event.payManaCost(game);
        game.doAction(new MagicCopyCardOnStackAction(event.getPlayer(),event.getRefCardOnStack()));
    }
}
Will sort it
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 30 Mar 2015, 09:40

I had another Ensnaring Bridge attack which shdn't have happened. I had two humility and the bridge out.
opponent had a Blade Slicer with one counter on so it was 2/2. Counter was from Gavony Township. I had one card in hand.
It works correctly almost all of the time not sure when it doesn't it is fairly rare.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 30 Mar 2015, 10:31

muppet wrote:I had another Ensnaring Bridge attack which shdn't have happened. I had two humility and the bridge out.
opponent had a Blade Slicer with one counter on so it was 2/2. Counter was from Gavony Township. I had one card in hand.
It works correctly almost all of the time not sure when it doesn't it is fairly rare.
I think I see the problem now. Ensnaring Bridge's ability is implemented at the ability layer which is before the pt layer which the counters work on. So when Ensnaring Bridge checked the blade slicer's pt it was 1/1 as it is before the counter's effect is applied.

The correct way for Ensnaring Bridge is for its ability to work at the game layer which is the last layer.

Update: Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 2822199a95 for release 1.60
melvin
AI Programmer

Previous

Return to Magarena