It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:56

Text Size

Bug reports for 1.60

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports for 1.60

Postby PalladiaMors » 09 Apr 2015, 19:16

Lightning Rift isn't triggering when Eternal Dragon cycles. I'll test further to figure out if it's a generalized problem, but I suspect that effects that trigger on cycling aren't triggering for typecycling. Searching the web to make sure of the ruling, I located the following:

502.18d Typecycling is a variant of the cycling ability. “[Subtype]cycling [cost]” means “[Cost], Discard this card: Search your library for a [subtype] card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.”

502.18e Any cards that trigger when a player cycles a card will trigger when a card is discarded to pay a typecycling cost. Any effect that stops players from cycling cards will stop players from playing cards’ typecycling abilities.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 09 Apr 2015, 19:29

jerichopumpkin wrote:A minor issue, when an ability can target a player, he is not highlithed in the UI. It happened with Balefire Liege
Sorry about that, it was quickly identified and fixed after the last release but obviously it means you will need to download the latest 1.61 build to get the benefit (and a new pulsing border animation). Alternatively resizing the screen should do it, it's a repainting issue!
Lodici
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 10 Apr 2015, 08:11

Lodici wrote:
jerichopumpkin wrote:A minor issue, when an ability can target a player, he is not highlithed in the UI. It happened with Balefire Liege
Sorry about that, it was quickly identified and fixed after the last release but obviously it means you will need to download the latest 1.61 build to get the benefit (and a new pulsing border animation). Alternatively resizing the screen should do it, it's a repainting issue!
Thank you for the lighting speed fix! I'm used to the UI, so for me it's not a big deal, but it could be for some new users, so I noticed it as soon as I noticed.
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 10 Apr 2015, 13:43

PalladiaMors wrote:Lightning Rift isn't triggering when Eternal Dragon cycles. I'll test further to figure out if it's a generalized problem, but I suspect that effects that trigger on cycling aren't triggering for typecycling. Searching the web to make sure of the ruling, I located the following:

502.18d Typecycling is a variant of the cycling ability. “[Subtype]cycling [cost]” means “[Cost], Discard this card: Search your library for a [subtype] card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.”

502.18e Any cards that trigger when a player cycles a card will trigger when a card is discarded to pay a typecycling cost. Any effect that stops players from cycling cards will stop players from playing cards’ typecycling abilities.
Looks like TypeCycling is coded as a SearchToLocationEvent with a discard activation. I'll see if I can slip in a Trigger.WhenOtherCycle - Good find, tracking as #179
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby sponeta » 11 Apr 2015, 09:29

Stormtide Leviathan seems to prevent even itself from attacking, even though it should have islandwalk.
sponeta
Tester

Postby sponeta » 11 Apr 2015, 09:39

AI didn't have any creatures in play, and cast Ambush Krotiq. The log said "LOG (C): Monte Carlo returns another creature Monte Carlo controls to its owner's hand." but nothing happened. Ambush Krotiq stayed in play even though it was the only choice available.

I went back with Undo to verify the bug, and this time AI cast Charging Badger first, then Ambush Krotiq. Again the log said the same thing, but both creatures stayed in play.
sponeta
Tester

Postby melvin » 11 Apr 2015, 12:45

sponeta wrote:Stormtide Leviathan seems to prevent even itself from attacking, even though it should have islandwalk.
Good find, there was problem with the logic for "creatures without flying or islandwalk" Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 833a09bbbb

sponeta wrote:AI didn't have any creatures in play, and cast Ambush Krotiq. The log said "LOG (C): Monte Carlo returns another creature Monte Carlo controls to its owner's hand." but nothing happened. Ambush Krotiq stayed in play even though it was the only choice available.

I went back with Undo to verify the bug, and this time AI cast Charging Badger first, then Ambush Krotiq. Again the log said the same thing, but both creatures stayed in play.
The first case is correct, the since there is no creature to return, nothing happens and Ambush Krotiq stays on the battlefield.

The second case is wrong, it should return Charging Badger. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 714f2fbbe4
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby sponeta » 11 Apr 2015, 13:41

Oh, I didn't spot that "another" until I read it here! I got it confused with all the other similar creatures that don't have that word... glad I was right at least on the second case. :)
sponeta
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Apr 2015, 15:22

When AI at least uses Ravenous Baloth ability you don't know which beast AI sacrifices it is not written on logs (detailed or not)either.I don't know if this is a general issue with cards with abilities that don't target.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ShawnieBoy » 30 Apr 2015, 16:27

Aswan jaguar wrote:When AI at least uses Ravenous Baloth ability you don't know which beast AI sacrifices it is not written on logs (detailed or not)either.I don't know if this is a general issue with cards with abilities that don't target.
Good point, tracking as Issue #227

I think it's more to do with the sacrifice being a cost rather than an effect.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magarena