It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:36

Text Size

Bug reports for 1.61

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Bug reports for 1.61

Postby melvin » 01 May 2015, 01:09

To help us in addressing bugs, the best way is to create an issue on the issue tracker. This lets us keep track each report separately and ensures it doesn't get lost.
https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues (requires github account)

For game play bugs, please report in as much details as possible, especially the list of permanents on the field, any continuous effects in place etc. If possible, do attached the <install folder>/Magarena/logs/game.log file to the report.

Less preferred is to post your report in this thread. (requires forum account)

You can report anonymously via gitreports, note that name/email if provided will be listed on the issue tracker.
https://gitreports.com/issue/magarena/magarena (no sign-up required, name/email optional)
melvin
AI Programmer

Re: Bug reports for 1.61

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 May 2015, 10:32

Not a bug just AI bad decisions with Trading Post:
AI preferred all 7-8 times to activated in advance before cast spells it's ability to discard card/gain 4 life.All times AI preferred to tap a land that produces multiple mana instead of a basic land/land that produces 1 mana.
That lead to this scenario:
AI had 4 plains a Sandsteppe Citadel and a Shivan Oasis all untapped.AI activated Trading Post ability discard card/gain 4 life and tapped Shivan Oasis for mana discarding Thresher Beast instead of Mighty Leap another bad decision (probably because after AI tapped Shivan Oasis AI couldn't cast Thresher Beast).While AI should have tapped a Plains to activate Trading Post and then have mana to cast Thresher Beast.

So there are at least 3 bad decisions:
1- Don't tap for 1 generic mana a land that can produce 2 or more mana which can be used for another spell.
2- Abilities that need you to discard a card are generally better be played later or on opponents turn.
3- When discarding don't keep an instant like Mighty Leap that needs a creature to target when you don't have a creature on board and instead discard a creature.

Note: I know it is very difficult for AI to use very good cards with multiple activated abilities but at least AI must never use mana that can be used for other spells and especially when it needs 1 generic mana for it's abilities.Also in above example AI could survive at least 2 more turns if it played Thresher Beast which would be the most powerful creature on board and could block successfully all my creatures without dying and then used ability to gain life.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 May 2015, 10:51

Scry is bugged (was also in 1.60)when you scry you don't get to see what card is on top of your library and then decide if you will let it on top or put it on bottom.
The info you get is:
(Temple of Malice) move this card from the top of the library to the bottom?

Temple of Malice is the land I played with scry.
works fine.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 01 May 2015, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby muppet » 01 May 2015, 11:03

scry works fine for me
muppet
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 May 2015, 11:52

Yes,my mistake I guess I was clicking fast elsewhere and top card menu was vanishing.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby sponeta » 02 May 2015, 17:52

The New Duel screen doesn't seem to remember the last setting for deck type anymore. I played a duel with both players having random two-color decks, then restarted Magarena, and it was back to random three colors.
sponeta
Tester

Postby Lodici » 02 May 2015, 18:13

sponeta wrote:The New Duel screen doesn't seem to remember the last setting for deck type anymore. I played a duel with both players having random two-color decks, then restarted Magarena, and it was back to random three colors.
Thanks - issue 232 created.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muppet » 03 May 2015, 12:53

not a bug. I preferred the previous way Force of Will was done where it showed you the card the AI pitched as it was cast.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 14:54

There's some really big problem with the deck editor in the latest build. When you try to use it, there are no cards at all available in the card pool, and I haven't managed to figure out a way to get the cards to appear.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 15:07

PalladiaMors wrote:There's some really big problem with the deck editor in the latest build. When you try to use it, there are no cards at all available in the card pool, and I haven't managed to figure out a way to get the cards to appear.
I downloaded the latest 1.62 build - all cards are there. Stupid question but do you have a filter set? Try hitting Reset.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 16:01

Redownloaded and it's normal - evidently I did something wrong (no idea what it was). Sorry for wasting your time, Lodici. In the process, I realized something irrelevant: the converted mana cost filter goes up to 15, but I know there's at least one card with a higher converted cost, Draco. As far as I know, that's the highest converted cost in the game.

Again, sorry for the mistaken report, I'll investigate more carefully next time.
PalladiaMors

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 17:09

@Lodici, the deck editor issue happened again. Both times, it happened when I tried to playtest a new card. It seems to me that in the latest build the deck editor becomes unusable if you put a new card in the scripts folder.

P.S: I don't intend on doing too many cards anymore, I'm going for a supersafe approach now, only submitting something if I'm 100% certain there can't possibly be any problems, so don't worry :D
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 17:16

PalladiaMors wrote:In the process, I realized something irrelevant: the converted mana cost filter goes up to 15, but I know there's at least one card with a higher converted cost, Draco.
Thanks, issue 233 created.

PalladiaMors wrote:Again, sorry for the mistaken report, I'll investigate more carefully next time.
No problem.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 17:17

PalladiaMors wrote:@Lodici, the deck editor issue happened again. Both times, it happened when I tried to playtest a new card. It seems to me that in the latest build the deck editor becomes unusable if you put a new card in the scripts folder.

P.S: I don't intend on doing too many cards anymore, I'm going for a supersafe approach now, only submitting something if I'm 100% certain there can't possibly be any problems, so don't worry :D
Ok thanks. I will see if I can replicate. Also, can you confirm which deck editor you are using - the new tabbed view or the old split view.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 17:33

It's the standard view, the split view option in the preferences menu is unchecked.

This is the script I tried to add, no idea if that makes a difference. I haven't tested it yet and I'm not too sure of this method of doing the card (it's a new method for me), so it might not work. I was testing if it works this way, if it doesn't I know I can get this one to work using the methods I'm more used to.

Code: Select all
name=Edge of Autumn
image=http://magiccards.info/scans/en/ddg/25.jpg
value=2.500
rarity=C
type=Sorcery
cost={1}{G}
ability=Cycling—Sacrifice a land.
timing=main
requires_groovy_code
oracle=If you control four or fewer lands, search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.\nCycling—Sacrifice a land.
Code: Select all
def effect = MagicRuleEventAction.create("Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.");

[
    new MagicSpellCardEvent() {
        @Override
        public MagicEvent getEvent(final MagicCardOnStack cardOnStack,final MagicPayedCost payedCost) {
            return cardOnStack.getController().getNrOfPermanents(MagicType.Land) <= 4 ?
                new MagicEvent(
                    cardOnStack,
                    effect.getEvent(),
                    this,
                    "Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library."
                ):
                MagicEvent.NONE;
        }
    }
]
PalladiaMors

Next

Return to Magarena