It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:53

Text Size

Bug reports for 1.61

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports for 1.61

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 17:45

PalladiaMors wrote:It's the standard view, the split view option in the preferences menu is unchecked.

This is the script I tried to add, no idea if that makes a difference. I haven't tested it yet and I'm not too sure of this method of doing the card (it's a new method for me), so it might not work. I was testing if it works this way, if it doesn't I know I can get this one to work using the methods I'm more used to.
I added the script and added the card (x4) to a blank deck and saved. Card pool still there. Deck still there. Not convinced it is script related.

Once it goes is it for good? Or does it come back when you restart? If you could provide any more details on how to go about replicating that would be very useful. Also a screenshot (F10 key) might be of help.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 18:04

Deck editor:

Pressing reset:

Also messes the card explorer implemented percentages (?!):

But all is back to normal once the script is removed from the scripts folder:

Looking at the script more carefully, I know it has at least one error, because the effect phrase is worded a bit differently from other cards. Instead of "Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library" it should use the phrase "Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library." since that's the standard phrase that other cards are using. I'll try to get the card right and see if that makes a difference, but seems unlikely to me that this could be related to a groovy error.

Edit: so the problem happens while the card is in the scripts folder whenever I open Magarena, but as soon as it's removed, problem is gone.

I have to leave home now for a while, but as soon as I return I'll give you more feedback if necessary. Hope I'm not doing something dumb to waste your time...

Edit2: removing pics since image host had weird ads. I'm sorry for not noticing that before...
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 05 May 2015, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 18:08

PalladiaMors wrote:But all is back to normal once the script is removed from the scripts folder:
Well that does seem to suggest it is the script. Can you attach the files and confirm that I just need to place them both in the scripts folder, start Magarena and when I open the Deck Editor the card pool should be empty.

PS. you can attach the images, no need to host them somewhere else.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 18:22

Had to use a file host because the forum doesn't accept .groovy files. As I said, the script has at least one problem for sure. I very rarely manage to get a card right in the first try, usually I get multiple crashes and progressively improve the script until I do it correctly. Now I'm really about to leave so there's no time to fix it, will see if that helps when I'm back.

edit: Alright, every file hosting site I could find is a $%#!&*$%#@! scam (such ^&$@$#!, unbelievable) so I attached the files and renamed the .groovy to .doc so the forum will accept it, so please change the extension to get it to work.
Attachments
Edge_of_Autumn.doc
(742 Bytes) Downloaded 317 times
Edge_of_Autumn.txt
(375 Bytes) Downloaded 320 times
PalladiaMors

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 May 2015, 21:44

By the way, I confirm that's exactly what's going on with me: once I put the script for a new card on the scripts folder, the deck editor will no longer work.

I also changed the script to a form that I know for sure that works, even if it's not optimal, because I've successfully done many other cards the same way:

Code: Select all
[
    new MagicSpellCardEvent() {
        @Override
        public MagicEvent getEvent(final MagicCardOnStack cardOnStack,final MagicPayedCost payedCost) {
            return cardOnStack.getController().getNrOfPermanents(MagicType.Land) <= 4 ?
                new MagicEvent(
                    cardOnStack,
                    this,
                    "Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library."
                ):
                MagicEvent.NONE;
        }
        @Override
        public void executeEvent(final MagicGame game, final MagicEvent event) {
            game.addEvent(MagicRuleEventAction.create(
                "Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.").getEvent(event.getSource())
            );
        }
    }
]
Also, it turns out the ability phrase "Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library" is indeed supported (Font of Fertility, Growth Spasm). So I don't think it's a problem in the script itself that's causing the problem, I don't think the above is going to crash when I playtest it (unless I missed something, always possible), it's gotta be something else.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 03 May 2015, 22:38

PalladiaMors wrote:By the way, I confirm that's exactly what's going on with me: once I put the script for a new card on the scripts folder, the deck editor will no longer work.
It is the UTF-8 encoding of the txt file - see issue 236 for full details.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 07 May 2015, 20:06

Havengul Runebinder ability does not work right. It should put the zombie token into play, then put a counter on each zombie. Instead, it puts a counter on each zombie, then puts the token into play.
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 07 May 2015, 20:31

jerichopumpkin wrote:Havengul Runebinder ability does not work right. It should put the zombie token into play, then put a counter on each zombie. Instead, it puts a counter on each zombie, then puts the token into play.
Looks like there may be a timing issue with all linked effects (involving '~' in the script). I noticed an issue with the common added effect 'Draw a card' occurring before the main effect (issue #205)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 12 May 2015, 18:52

I expect there is an open ticket for this still but just in case there isn't. Cloning on entering play timing isn't quite right.

For example I clone Delver of Secrets with Phyrexian Metamorph, AI counterspells it with Mental Misstep.
Last edited by muppet on 12 May 2015, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 12 May 2015, 18:58

Jace the Mindsculptor is revealing the card the AI puts to the bottom of its own library, this card should be hidden from the opponent.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 13 May 2015, 01:35

muppet wrote:I expect there is an open ticket for this still but just in case there isn't. Cloning on entering play timing isn't quite right.

For example I clone Delver of Secrets with Phyrexian Metamorph, AI counterspells it with Mental Misstep.
Thanks for catching this. Clone effect was implemented as being targeted. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 5a0c909dd3
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby melvin » 13 May 2015, 01:43

muppet wrote:Jace the Mindsculptor is revealing the card the AI puts to the bottom of its own library, this card should be hidden from the opponent.
Please elaborate on how the card is revealed. Where did it appear on the screen?
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muppet » 13 May 2015, 07:35

Card was revealed in the bottom left in text not like as a revealed card for Delver of Secrets. It just said something like AI puts card name to the bottom of its library. I'll add more when it happens again.

Yes happens every time it looks at a library with jace.
muppet
Tester

Postby sponeta » 18 May 2015, 17:56

I played Sidisi's Faithful and chose the card itself as the target for exploit. The ability didn't trigger even though it should, according to Gatherer: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=394696

I went back with undo and chose a different target. This time the ability triggered correctly.
sponeta
Tester

Postby sponeta » 18 May 2015, 20:15

Another weird thing happened... I had 18 life, Minimax had 2. It was the AI's turn. I would have won on the next turn as I had four cretures and the AI had none, but the AI decides to cast Mind Sculpt. He taps two Mana Confluence and promptly dies.

I can see how a human opponent might commit harakiri in the face of certain doom, but surely it's a bug that the AI can tap pain lands to kill itself? The UI even prevents the human player from doing so. :)
sponeta
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena