It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:23

Text Size

Bug reports for Magarena 1.68

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Bug reports for Magarena 1.68

Postby melvin » 29 Nov 2015, 13:08

To help us in addressing bugs, the best way is to create an issue on the issue tracker. This lets us keep track each report separately and ensures it doesn't get lost.
https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues (requires github account)

For game play bugs, please include a gameplay report zip file. You can create a gameplay report by opening the options menu (press Esc during a duel) and selecting the "Gameplay Report" menu item.

Less preferred is to post your report in this thread. (requires forum account)

You can report anonymously via gitreports, note that name/email if provided will be listed on the issue tracker.
https://gitreports.com/issue/magarena/magarena (no sign-up required, name/email optional)
melvin
AI Programmer

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.68

Postby muaddib » 30 Nov 2015, 09:08

Can you implement such thing:
When computer plays card, large image this card (preview card) not disappear until I don't click mouse on this card.
It maybe optional.
muaddib
Tester

Postby Lodici » 30 Nov 2015, 10:56

muaddib wrote:Can you implement such thing:
When computer plays card, large image this card (preview card) not disappear until I don't click mouse on this card.
It maybe optional.
Thanks for bringing this up, I have been meaning to look into this for a while now - issue 528 raised.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muaddib » 03 Dec 2015, 10:41

Game crashed.
Logs attached.
Attachments
game.log
(60.29 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
crash.log
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
muaddib
Tester

Postby Lodici » 03 Dec 2015, 10:56

muaddib wrote:Game crashed.
Logs attached.
If available please can you also attach the "crash.png" screenshot. You can find it in the same location as the logs -
Code: Select all
<install>/Magarena/logs
Also could you give a brief description of what you were doing just prior to the crash. Thanks.

Tracking as issue #540.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby sponeta » 04 Dec 2015, 11:51

I had 2 Forests, 2 Lumbering Falls and 1 Sunken Hollow in play. I wanted to activate Lumbering Falls, so I clicked on the leftmost one, then picked first Forest for green mana, Sunken Hollow for blue mana, the second Forest for 1. For the final 1, the computer auto-tapped the Lumbering Falls that I was trying to activate. It didn't let me pick the second one. Presumably because the two lands were the same - but in this case they weren't, because I was in the process of activating the ability for one of them.
sponeta
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 05 Dec 2015, 15:14

sponeta wrote:I had 2 Forests, 2 Lumbering Falls and 1 Sunken Hollow in play. I wanted to activate Lumbering Falls, so I clicked on the leftmost one, then picked first Forest for green mana, Sunken Hollow for blue mana, the second Forest for 1. For the final 1, the computer auto-tapped the Lumbering Falls that I was trying to activate. It didn't let me pick the second one. Presumably because the two lands were the same - but in this case they weren't, because I was in the process of activating the ability for one of them.
If one of the Lumbering Falls was played this turn, animating it would end up with a creature with summoning sickness. In this case the two lands would be shown as different options to tap (ie. unique).
If they weren't, then they would be viewed as the same (non-unique)
For the Auto-tapping of land, it progresses from left to right for non-unique cards, and new cards are played to the right of them.

You would have to activate the ability of a right-most non-unique permanent to prevent it from being tapped for mana. One of the unfortunate foibles for auto-tapping mana sources.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby melvin » 06 Dec 2015, 00:37

sponeta wrote:Presumably because the two lands were the same - but in this case they weren't, because I was in the process of activating the ability for one of them.
Man lands are considered unique for mana generation so that shouldn't happen. However, Lumbering Falls and Shambling Vent were missing the card script tag that identified them as man lands, fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 47e68a875a
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muaddib » 08 Dec 2015, 08:32

If available please can you also attach the "crash.png" screenshot. You can find it in the same location as the logs -
crash.png is absent.

Also could you give a brief description of what you were doing just prior to the crash. Thanks.
I try to play new game, and press button "Game 1".
muaddib
Tester

Postby Lodici » 08 Dec 2015, 09:47

muaddib wrote:
crash.png is absent.

I try to play new game, and press button "Game 1".
Replicated and fixed in issue #540.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby itandetnik » 09 Dec 2015, 06:46

Reposting issue #551 as instructed.

With Puresteel Paladin, can't switch equipment in M2 phase
I have Puresteel Paladin, Auriok Sunchaser, Mask of Avacyn, and enough artifact lands to get Metalcraft. All lands are currently tapped (so no mana source).

In M1, I equip Auriok Sunchaser with Mask of Avacyn and attack. The expectation is that, in M2 after the attack, I would be able to switch the equipment over to Puresteel Paladin, for defense. But the computer won't let me - after the attack, it skips M2 and goes straight to opponent's turn. It's as if "Equip 0" doesn't count as an effect worthy of prompt.

Update: I turned off "Automatically pass priority" in Preferences. With this, I do get priority at M2 - but Mask of Avacyn is not highlighted (nor is any other card), doesn't react to clicks, and so still can't be moved over to Puresteel Paladin. The only available action is Pass.

Gameplay report file attached, taken at M2 phase.
Attachments
gameplay-report-551.zip
(262.14 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
itandetnik

Postby kannikkiy » 16 Dec 2015, 17:51

Continuation of issue #455. AI revealed face down card by clicking on link in stack.
kannikkiy

Postby melvin » 17 Dec 2015, 00:24

kannikkiy wrote:Continuation of issue #455. AI revealed face down card by clicking on link in stack.
Hi kannikkiy, thanks I'm able to reproduce this. Tracking as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/567
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby sponeta » 17 Dec 2015, 19:54

When I sacrifice a creature with Recurring Nightmare, I shouldn't be able to choose the same creature to be returned to the battlefield, right?
sponeta
Tester

Postby jerichopumpkin » 18 Dec 2015, 08:41

sponeta wrote:When I sacrifice a creature with Recurring Nightmare, I shouldn't be able to choose the same creature to be returned to the battlefield, right?
Not sure, but I think you are right. §the target for the ability should be declared before paying for it, making impossible to choose the sacrificed creature.
Otherwise it should be possible to activate it even with an empty graveyard.
jerichopumpkin

Next

Return to Magarena