by melvin » 07 Feb 2016, 09:11
creating the proxy image. Image download has been enchanced to allow
downloading of cropped images, though not every card has a cropped image.
When multiple image files are present for a card, the image used is based on
the following priority: custom > crops > cards/tokens > missing proxy.
Card abilities that reduce/increase mana cost of cards can now be scripted in
groovy code. However, additional costs such as kicker and buyback are not
affected by mana cost reduction.
Finally, this release adds 225 new cards and fixes 28 bugs.
Click here to download for Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
includes contributions from:
- card images selected based on location: custom -> crops -> cards/tokens -> missing proxy
- new option to download cropped art for use with proxy images
- choose preferred image size from preferences General tab
- eliminate UI freeze when showing proxy images for the first time
- improve layout of deck statistics panel and duel decks screen for a more consistent UI
- remove text mode
- display split cards as '<first half> // <second half> (card name)' in explorer
- show damage prevent shield as blue number above pt
- allow groovy code to add effects that reduce/increase mana cost, it does not
reduce additional costs
- added the following to the card script:
* ability: Surge <mana cost>
* ability: When <name> enters the battlefield, if its surge cost was paid, <effect>
* ability: When you cast <name>, <effect>
* effect: You may <cost>. If you don't, <effect>
* effect: Return <permanent> to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
* effect: Shuffle your library.
* effect: <permanent> gain <ability>.
* effect: <permament> lose <ability>.
- fixed the following bugs:
* unable to download card images
* poor quality image scaling in CardsCanvas for sample hand, deck tiled screen, etc
* Firemind decks not shown if name contains invalid filename character (issue #607)
* clicking on empty area of deck table increases count for selected card (issue #658)
* crash when activating ability that discards specific cards as cost (issue #384)
* crash in MCTS AI when the manifest effect
* "target creature and each other creature that shares a color with it" does
not include target creature when it is colorless
* three color lands appears in random two color decks (issue #646)
* no choice of which mana ability to use when mana permanents equal to mana cost (issue #639)
* Man lands missing missing mana_or_combat property
* Giant Caterpillar and Transluminant causes the AI to crash (issue #362)
* Knight of the Mists crashes when you select "No" for its trigger (issue #610)
* Raving Oni Slave triggering when other permanents leave the battlefield (issue #647)
* Sheltered Valley trigger should occur before other ETB triggers
* Tunneler Wurm should not have trample
* Cateran Enforcer missing fear
* Drill Skimmer missing flying
* Thousand Winds missing flying
* Glimmering Angel missing flying
* Harrier Griffin missing flying
* Felidar Umbra missing totem armor
* Piety giving +0/+2 instead of +0/+3
* Stone Idol Trap missing cost reduction
* Elixir of Vitality missing enters tapped
* Stasis Snare missing AI casting restriction
* Eater of Hope's first ability missing cost
* Defiant Falcon's second ability missing cost
- added the following cards:
Absolver Thrull, Abstruse Interference, Affa Protector, Alabaster Leech,
Allied Reinforcements, Amrou Seekers, Ancient Crab, Andradite Leech,
Animar, Soul of Elements, Arcane Melee, Aura of Silence,
Ballyrush Banneret, Baloth Pup, Bearer of Silence, Belfry Spirit,
Benediction of Moons, Birthing Hulk, Blade of Selves, Blind Hunter,
Blinding Drone, Bonds of Mortality, Bosk Banneret, Boulder Salvo,
Brace for Impact, Breaking Wave, Brighthearth Banneret, Brute Strength,
Butcher's Glee, Call the Gatewatch, Canopy Gorger, Captain's Claws,
Celestial Sword, Centaur Omenreader, Chained Throatseeker, Chill,
Chill of Foreboding, Cinder Barrens, Cinder Hellion, Cliffhaven Vampire,
Comparative Analysis, Consuming Sinkhole, Containment Membrane,
Coral Net, Crush of Tentacles, Cry of Contrition, Cursed Monstrosity,
Daru Warchief, Deepfathom Skulker, Defense Grid, Derelor, Desolation Twin,
Devour in Flames, Dragonlord's Servant, Dragonspeaker Shaman,
Drake Familiar, Drana's Chosen, Dread Charge, Dread Return, Dream Chisel,
Eldrazi Aggressor, Embodiment of Fury, Embodiment of Insight,
Emerald Medallion, Essence Depleter, Etherium Sculptor, Exalted Dragon,
Exhumer Thrull, Expedite, Eye of Ugin, Fallow Wurm, Fencer's Magemark,
Feroz's Ban, Firefright Mage, Flayer Drone, Floodtide Serpent,
Frogtosser Banneret, Genesis Wave, Ghitu Fire, Gift of Tusks, Glowrider,
Goblin Electromancer, Goblin Warchief, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV,
Gravebane Zombie, Gravity Negator, Grip of the Roil, Guardian's Magemark,
Harbinger of the Tides, Havoc Sower, Heartless Summoning,
Hedron Crawler, Helm of Awakening, Herald of Kozilek,
Herald of the Pantheon, Herald of War, Hero of Iroas, High Seas,
Hissing Quagmire, Hum of the Radix, Immolating Glare, Immortal Coil,
Impromptu Raid, Infiltrator's Magemark, Irini Sengir, Jace's Sanctum,
Jade Leech, Jet Medallion, Joven's Tools, Jwar Isle Avenger,
Kataki, War's Wage, Kinscaer Harpoonist, Kor Scythemaster,
Kor Sky Climber, Kozilek's Translator, Krosan Drover, Krosan Warchief,
Lashknife Barrier, Loam Larva, Lodestone Golem, Long-Forgotten Gohei,
Lowland Oaf, Madblind Mountain, Make a Stand, Makindi Aeronaut,
Malakir Soothsayer, Mana Matrix, Maw of Kozilek, Meandering River,
Melancholy, Mercenary Knight, Munda's Vanguard, Myr Mindservant,
Natural State, Necromancer's Magemark, Needle Spires, Nightscape Familiar,
Null Caller, Oblivion Strike, Obscuring Æther, Ondu War Cleric,
Orzhov Euthanist, Orzhov Pontiff, Overwhelming Denial, Pearl Medallion,
Phyrexian Hydra, Planar Gate, Possessed Skaab, Prophet of Distortion,
Pyric Salamander, Quickling, Reality Hemorrhage, Reckless Bushwhacker,
Relentless Hunter, Rending Volley, Rime Transfusion, Rotting Giant,
Ruby Leech, Ruby Medallion, Sapphire Leech, Sapphire Medallion,
Scale Blessing, Scion Summoner, Scourglass, Sea Gate Wreckage,
Searing Light, Seeker, Seer's Lantern, Seize the Soul, Sifter of Skulls,
Skirk Shaman, Sky Scourer, Slaughter Drone, Slip Through Space,
Soul Snare, Spatial Contortion, Spawnbinder Mage, Sphere of Resistance,
Spinal Graft, Squeeze, Stalking Drone, Steppe Glider,
Stinkdrinker Daredevil, Stone Calendar, Stone Haven Outfitter,
Stonybrook Banneret, Stormchaser Mage, Stormscape Familiar,
Submerged Boneyard, Sunscape Familiar, Tajuru Pathwarden, Tar Snare,
Tears of Valakut, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Thing from the Deep,
Thorn of Amethyst, Thornscape Familiar, Thundercloud Elemental,
Thundering Wurm, Thunderscape Familiar, Timber Gorge, Tranquil Expanse,
Treacherous Vampire, Twilight's Call, Tyrant of Valakut, Umara Entangler,
Undead Warchief, Unnatural Endurance, Urza's Filter, Vampire Envoy,
Vapor Snare, Veiled Apparition, Vines of the Recluse, Void Grafter,
Void Shatter, Vryn Wingmare, Wandering Fumarole, Warden of Evos Isle,
Warden of Geometries, Warping Wail, Wastes, Weapons Trainer,
World Breaker, Zada's Commando, Zulaport Chainmage, Zulaport Enforcer
by ShawnieBoy » 07 Feb 2016, 10:57
by melvin » 07 Feb 2016, 12:14
Thanks for reporting and sorry about that. There was some unexpected problems updating the website due to a software upgrade on the hosting side. This has been fixed.muppet wrote:Unless you are in the middle of doing this the link goes to 1.69 at the minute.
I may be missing something but no sign of 1.70.
by Lodici » 07 Feb 2016, 15:29
Yes, but why would you want that option?horseoftroy wrote:Can you add an option to turn off the undo button ?
Not that I am aware of.horseoftroy wrote:Is there any decision to release Magearena on Android ?
by horseoftroy » 07 Feb 2016, 15:58
It's better to be an optionLodici wrote:Yes, but why would you want that option?horseoftroy wrote:Can you add an option to turn off the undo button ?
Sometimes disabling it can be fun for playing a serious duels
It's an opinion
Thanks for the great Magarena
by Lodici » 07 Feb 2016, 16:13
Oh I see, remove from temptation and all that. An alternative approach is to add a "cheat" stat for when a player uses undo or views AI's hand (see issue #543).horseoftroy wrote:It's better to be an option
Sometimes disabling it can be fun for playing a serious duels
by PalladiaMors » 07 Feb 2016, 18:24
Colorless: Sphere of Resistance, Helm of Awakening, Thorn of Amethyst, Defense Grid
Black: Twilight's Call, Undead Warchief, Mercenary Knight, Nightscape Familiar, Heartless Summoning
Blue: Etherium Sculptor, Stormscape Familiar, Stonybrook Banneret, Chill
Green: Krosan Drover, Thornscape Familiar, Genesis Wave
Red: Thunderscape Familiar, Dragonspeaker Shaman
White: Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Aura of Silence, Daru Warchief, Kataki, War's Wage, Sunscape Familiar, Glowrider, Soul Snare, Scourglass
Multicolored: Animar, Soul of Elements, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Goblin Electromancer
Then there's the stuff with ratings that failed to update because they got reprinted and there aren't enough votes in Gatherer yet, such as Goblin Warchief, Lodestone Golem and the Medallion cycle (Sapphire Medallion). Great month for new cards, should stir things up in Firemind!
by ShawnieBoy » 07 Feb 2016, 19:02
Unfortunately this isn't really due to there not being enough votes (in a way).
Voting for cards on Gatherer hasn't been functioning since the end of 2014, and there's no sight of it being fixed
by PalladiaMors » 07 Feb 2016, 19:17
by ShawnieBoy » 07 Feb 2016, 19:32
The larger issue is that cards printed after Theros block have default values, so there's lots of cards the AI may not be evaluating as high as they could be. Possibly finding another rating site would be worthwhile.
by PalladiaMors » 07 Feb 2016, 20:01
by Lodici » 07 Feb 2016, 21:01
by mike » 08 Feb 2016, 08:24
Not sure what you're asking for exactly but I like the ideaSeems to me that the Firemind service is ideally placed to have a card rating feature should Mr Firemind wish to do so.
Adding a system where the users can rate the cards manually and publishing the average score via a json call? I could probably do this by tomorrow. The issue is just getting enough people involved in rating the cards.
There is also the option of parsing the the game logs and doing a card win percentage analysis like the mtggoldfish guys did for draft http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/58k ... d-analyzed
Any then there is something even fancier floating around my head involving the game tree built by the AI and some back propagation to figure out what card ratings would help explore the tree best. Very unclear on how to do this yet so maybe it's just an idea for another time.
For now I'd be happy to start off with implementing the user-scored system in a first run. Let me know how you'd like to query the data and I'll set this up.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests