It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 12:45
   
Text Size

Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Moderators: melvin, beholder, ubeefx, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby muppet » 11 Mar 2016, 08:26

If I want to download the current version with the updates made after the latest release do I just download the zip file on the master page or is that uncompiled or not always ready to run or should I just wait for the next release if I have no clue ?
muppet
Tester
 
Posts: 570
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 14:37
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby Lodici » 11 Mar 2016, 09:35

muppet wrote:If I want to download the current version with the updates made after the latest release do I just download the zip file on the master page or is that uncompiled or not always ready to run or should I just wait for the next release if I have no clue ?
From the CircleCI main page, click on the latest build which was a success. Log in using your GitHub account. Click on the Artifacts tab. Click on the "Magarena-1.71.zip" link, download and extract to a new folder like any normal release (see wiki installation guide).

ps. not sure why 1.71 has not been released yet. @melvin is being inscrutable. :wink:
User avatar
Lodici
Programmer
 
Posts: 399
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 09:44
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby melvin » 13 Mar 2016, 01:03

Lodici wrote:ps. not sure why 1.71 has not been released yet. @melvin is being inscrutable. :wink:
Not sure why you prefer to raise this up here, it is more effective to create issues if you can. Tracking this as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/722
User avatar
melvin
AI Programmer
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 12:26
Location: Singapore
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby melvin » 13 Mar 2016, 01:10

@lodici You can check the milestone page, https://github.com/magarena/magarena/milestones The 1.71 milestone has been there since Feb 10th. You assigned https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/695 to this milestone 25 days ago, surely you saw the milestone due date?
User avatar
melvin
AI Programmer
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 12:26
Location: Singapore
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby ShawnieBoy » 13 Mar 2016, 02:06

melvin wrote:@lodici You can check the milestone page, https://github.com/magarena/magarena/milestones The 1.71 milestone has been there since Feb 10th. You assigned https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/695 to this milestone 25 days ago, surely you saw the milestone due date?
Oh, I didn't know about the milestone page either - Always knew about being able to add to them, but didn't realise there was more information beyond just a label. Good to know.

I think it's just that the releases were usually around the last weekend of the month :)
User avatar
ShawnieBoy
Programmer
 
Posts: 600
Joined: 02 Apr 2012, 22:42
Location: UK
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby melvin » 13 Mar 2016, 02:12

ShawnieBoy wrote:I think it's just that the releases were usually around the last weekend of the month :)
I try to do that if I'm available, otherwise real life takes priority. Anyway now is not even halfway through the month.
User avatar
melvin
AI Programmer
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 12:26
Location: Singapore
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby melvin » 13 Mar 2016, 02:14

Btw, if anyone is willing to help put out releases, do let me know, could do with better bus factor for this important task.
User avatar
melvin
AI Programmer
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 12:26
Location: Singapore
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby ShawnieBoy » 13 Mar 2016, 02:45

Real life is always the priority.

I'm always up for helping out with releases - With some hand-holding for some of the git-work
User avatar
ShawnieBoy
Programmer
 
Posts: 600
Joined: 02 Apr 2012, 22:42
Location: UK
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Bug reports for Magarena 1.70

Postby Lodici » 13 Mar 2016, 09:27

melvin wrote:
Lodici wrote:ps. not sure why 1.71 has not been released yet. @melvin is being inscrutable. :wink:
Not sure why you prefer to raise this up here, it is more effective to create issues if you can. Tracking this as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/722
My apologies, my intention was not to critize. The fact is since I started working on Magarena over two years :shock: ago there has been a release at the end of every month like clockwork, all down to the outstanding effort of one person, namely @melvin. So when the February release was missed it kind of stood out!

melvin wrote:@lodici You can check the milestone page, https://github.com/magarena/magarena/milestones The 1.71 milestone has been there since Feb 10th. You assigned https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/695 to this milestone 25 days ago, surely you saw the milestone due date?
I did not realize the milestones were that significant. Up until now I have only used them as reminder to myself to try and complete specific issues for the next release. The date in the README.txt was the one I watched. I will pay more attention from now on.

ShawnieBoy wrote:Real life is always the priority.

I'm always up for helping out with releases - With some hand-holding for some of the git-work
I would echo those sentiments and would also be interested in helping out if required, although like @shawnieboy I am not confident that just by following the wiki instructions as they stand I could do a release.
User avatar
Lodici
Programmer
 
Posts: 399
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 09:44
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Previous

Return to Magarena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login Form