It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:30

Text Size

Dack Fayden

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Dack Fayden

Postby muppet » 27 May 2018, 14:55

Is Dack Fayden makeable in magearena.

The reason he didn't get made might be because of the possible targeting in the ultimate, but this will be no problem as there are no multi target cards so there will only be single targets.

I will give him a go if you can see no readon why he shdn't work.
muppet
Tester

Re: Dack Fayden

Postby muppet » 01 Jun 2018, 19:04

ok so if I make it Whenever you cast a spell that targets a permanent you control everything is happy and it doesn't crash and I can add a rider to it that does things.

but if I make it Whenever you cast a spell that targets a permanent an opponent controls or Whenever you cast a spell that targets a permanent you don't control.

it doesn't like it and crashes.

Is there some syntax for permanents controlled by the opponent that is ok or is this never going to work for some reason ?

incidently if I just use a permanent it doesn't like that either. it only likes a permanent you control which is weird.

I also tried the other way round whenever a permanent you control becomes the target of a spell an opponent controls is fine

but trying to make it a permanent the opponent controls and a spell you control fails.

So I am a bit confused.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 02 Jun 2018, 00:42

What are the errors/exceptions given for the crashes? Alternatively, please attach a work in progress version of the card, it is hard to tell without looking at the reason for the crash
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muppet » 02 Jun 2018, 17:19

Ok this is a working one I'll post a not working one and the errors when I get chance.
Attachments
Dack_Fayden.txt
(630 Bytes) Downloaded 308 times
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 03 Jun 2018, 08:44

sorry got distracted by god pharaogh's gift fixing you can see my failure there in the GitHub issues.

Here is another one which works i'll post the ones that don't and errors when I get to it.

and if I change it to that targets a permanent or targets a permanent you don't control or targets a permanent your opponent controls, I get a stack overflow.

so I tried the other way round whenever a permanent you control becomes the target of a spell an opponent controls, works.
"Whenever a permanent becomes the target of a spell an opponent controls, gain control of target permanent." works

but "Whenever a permanent becomes the target of a spell you control, gain control of target permanent."

gives the attatched error log
Attachments
Dack_Fayden.txt
(667 Bytes) Downloaded 311 times
muppet
Tester

Return to Magarena