It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:42

Text Size

Magarena 1.95 card images download very slow

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Magarena 1.95 card images download very slow

Postby Jessica » 07 Feb 2019, 16:28

Hi

I'm using Magarena 1.95 on Windows 10 64 bit and using the latest Java 8 update.

When I want to download "missing images for playable cards", this download is extremely slow: like 1 card downloaded each second.
It's almost impossible to get all cards this way, because the download speed is very slow. I'm trying for days now to download everything, but the download speed doesn't go up :-(

I remember when using an older Magarena version (can't remember the version number), the download speed was much faster and I downloaded everything in 1 hour.

Is there a problem with the server that has the card images or is this a bug in Magarena 1.95?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Magarena 1.95 card images download very slow

Postby VladVoivode » 12 Feb 2019, 17:13

Jessica wrote:Hi

I'm using Magarena 1.95 on Windows 10 64 bit and using the latest Java 8 update.

When I want to download "missing images for playable cards", this download is extremely slow: like 1 card downloaded each second.
It's almost impossible to get all cards this way, because the download speed is very slow. I'm trying for days now to download everything, but the download speed doesn't go up :-(

I remember when using an older Magarena version (can't remember the version number), the download speed was much faster and I downloaded everything in 1 hour.

Is there a problem with the server that has the card images or is this a bug in Magarena 1.95?

Thanks for your help!
Hi Jessica,

One of the things you need to remember to do is to allow Magarena to import images from an existing build into the new one so that you're not download ALL of the images with each new release. That said, I haven't experienced any slow down at all when updating Magarena.

Best,
Beatles
VladVoivode

Postby Jessica » 12 Feb 2019, 22:34

Hi

Is there a link to download all the images without using Magarena?
I don't know what's wrong but the download speed is so low that it's impossible to download them (now trying for days and not even 10% downloaded).

Can Magarena use images of Forge?

Postby Huggybaby » 24 Feb 2019, 15:24

Yes, Magarena can use images from Forge. They all originate from the HQ Team, but you might have to change a suffix.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Magarena