It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:30

Text Size

Magarena 1.1

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Magarena 1.1

Postby ubeefx » 07 Dec 2010, 23:06

Magarena 1.1 release is now available.
Besides all changes already available in latest release, this is new :
- replace cards in decks with user interface 8)
- proper summoning sickness rule

Have fun! Unless some annoying bugs pop up, there will be no new release until February.
That release will however contain 50 new cards.
Last edited by ubeefx on 13 Dec 2010, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Re: Magarena 1.1

Postby Gargaroz » 13 Dec 2010, 00:42

A really nice program, I greatly appreciate it !
And the "back 1 step" button is a very neat idea.

However, something still needs to be tweaked :
1) When the AI plays a spell, its card has to be displayed : it's too easy to lose track of events if there's only the text stack.

2) Magareana really needs an option for saving \ loading custom deck for player and AI.

3) After a string of 7 duels, why I can't keep to play with the same deck ?

4) Why only 40 cards ? And why one can't change the combination of spells / land ?

Apart from this, I really have a great time with Magarena, although the AI is so damn lucky (it really believed in the "card hearth" of Yu-Gi-oh!, you know ;) )
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby ubeefx » 13 Dec 2010, 17:09

Maybe this can help for some of your remarks :
- There is also mouse over for items on the stack that shows the card related to the item.
- The number of games can be increased to 11 in a duel.
- After playing a duel, you can restart it. But it is not possible yet to only change the computer's deck.

The 40 cards limit will not change for the auto generated decks, the main game mode of Magarena.
But I will add loading and saving .dec files support for both players in the next release.
By editing or creating such file, players will be able to create any kind of Magarena deck they want.
When using such decks, the smart shuffler that distributes lands and spells evenly will be disabled.
That is why currently the 16/24 ratio is important.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby ubeefx » 13 Dec 2010, 21:59

Latest snapshot version of Magarena now has support for loading and saving decks.
This was requested by multiple people. As a small bonus charge counters are now also displayed.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby ubeefx » 16 Dec 2010, 00:00

Latest 1.2 snapshot version contains a number of bug fixes for bugs reported by eidolon.

Gruul War Plow is replaced by Chimeric Mass.
As a test for level up creatures, Student of Warfare is added.
As a test for serious milling, Sword of Body and Mind and Szadek, Lord of Secrets are added.
Card total is now 453.

These four cards needed certainly some work to implement, but they fit nicely into the engine.
For level up counters I also use charge counters for convenience, like for the quest counters.

You can try it out and tell if these cards are good additions for release 1.2, see card wish list for the other cards.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Return to Magarena