It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:53

Text Size

Card wishlist

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card wishlist

Postby ember hauler » 13 Feb 2014, 07:51

tiagoruback wrote:I'm trying to program the missing cards to complete some themed decks.
Hi tiagoruback!

I think you could find these templates useful: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=12092

Using these templates you won't have to start new cards from the scratch.

Looking forward for your new cards.
ember hauler

Postby tiagoruback » 13 Feb 2014, 21:28

Thanks ShawnieBoy, melvin and ember hauler!

I'll use your help wisely and bring some new cards to all of us!
tiagoruback

Postby tiagoruback » 18 Feb 2014, 00:35

I'm trying to code the creature Nim Shrieker. I used the following code lines of Cranial Plating(an Artifact Equipment):

Code: Select all
[
    new MagicStatic(MagicLayer.ModPT) {
        @Override
        public void modPowerToughness(final MagicPermanent source, final MagicPermanent permanent, final MagicPowerToughness pt) {
            final int amt = permanent.getController().getNrOfPermanents(MagicType.Artifact);
            pt.add(amt, 0);
        }
    }
]
Is that correct? Thanks in advance!

(By the way, I have already submitted Regeneration, Lone Wolf, Skeleton Shard and Trolls of Tel-Jilad)
tiagoruback

Postby ShawnieBoy » 18 Feb 2014, 00:46

If you download the latest 'build' version (1.47, best place to find it is at https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/mel ... /magarena/ it's updated hourly for changes) you'll find it's already there. But yes, you're right on track :)

In fact, looking at it - (The one in the build refer's to the groovy of Nim Grotesque) yours has the better permanent count method :)

The other submissions are aleady included - Thanks!

However the Regeneration submitted wasn't quite correct. Regeneration doesn't grant the ability 'Regenerate' to the creature it enchants. That would be "Enchanted creature gains '{G}: Regenerate this creature'" Similar, but not quite right. Have a look at the code in the build to see how to get enchantments to do things to the permanents they enchant.

Certainly thinking in the right direction :)

edit: Another thing to bear in mind with Skeleton Shard, is that the two activated abilities will both appear with the same ability hint "Return". It will probably be better to groovy code it, and give each ability a different description. "{3} Return" and "{B} Return"
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby tiagoruback » 18 Feb 2014, 02:20

Thanks, ShawnieBoy! About the Nim Shrieker: I was always checking the list of upcoming cards, but this time I just forgot to check!

I think I need (much) more practice. The idea for Regeneration came from the script of Trollhide. I Thought the given_ability was the same.

Now about the Skeleton Shard: I really didn't get it. LOL. I think I will focus more on simple cards and deckbuilding.

Anyways, I think today I know more than yesterday. Thanks.
tiagoruback

Postby frank » 24 Mar 2014, 01:08

Hello,

if I may, I'd like to request some cards myself:
---
Fathom Mage 2GU (4)
Creature — Human Wizard (1/1)

Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on Fathom Mage, you may draw a card.
---
Renegade Krasis 1GG (3)
Creature — Beast Mutant (3/2)

Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Whenever Renegade Krasis evolves, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
---
Maelstrom Nexus WUBRG (5)
Enchantment

The first spell you cast each turn has cascade. (When you cast your first spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.)
---
Simic Fluxmage 2U (3)
Creature — Merfolk Wizard (1/2)

1Blue, Tap: Move a +1/+1 counter from Simic Fluxmage onto target creature.

//it's like Arcbound Fiend, just the other way round
---
Benthicore 6U (7)
Creature — Elemental (5/5)

When Benthicore enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 blue Merfolk Wizard creature tokens onto the battlefield.

Tap two untapped Merfolk you control: Untap Benthicore. It gains shroud until end of turn. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)

thanks for considering.
wkr
frank
frank

Postby jerichopumpkin » 26 Mar 2014, 14:21

I think I could manage Fathom Mage, Renegade Krasis and Simic Fluxmage.
It's been a while since last time I scripted a card (lack of time and inspiration), so i cannot grant to be successful (I must also check all the new keywords to avoid groovy code).

Maelstrom Nexus is also on my wishlist, but I got a headache every time I tried to figure out a way to script it. Maybe I'll get another one, but again I cannot grant anything. I'm not even sure it is implementable.

Benthicore is not implementable for now, right?
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 26 Mar 2014, 21:20

Benthicore would be a problem - there'd have to be a way to prevent tapping the same merfolk twice.

Renegade Krasis - There's no specific 'when evolves' trigger, it would have to be cheated-in as another 'WhenOtherComesIntoPlayTrigger', same problem with Fathom Mage - there's no 'when counter placed on' trigger (+1/+1 counters can get on it while not evolving)

Maelstrom Nexus could be do-able - Using MagicWhenSpellIsCastTrigger, and the game.getSpellsPlayed() which Storm uses, to make sure that no other spells have been cast, and you're casting 'this' spell. I can have a look as well if you like.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 26 Mar 2014, 22:08

Darn, I thought there was a trigger for counter being placed on permanents, and I didn't read properly Renegade Krasis... Guess I'll stick with Simic Fluxmage. I'll have a look to Maelstrom Nexus, since I really like that card.
Thanks for the intel, ShawnieBoy, you saved me a lot of time!
jerichopumpkin

Postby melvin » 27 Mar 2014, 01:44

ShawnieBoy wrote:Benthicore would be a problem - there'd have to be a way to prevent tapping the same merfolk twice.
That should not occur, each tap event will only allow untapped Merfolk to be selected.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 27 Mar 2014, 16:14

melvin wrote:
ShawnieBoy wrote:Benthicore would be a problem - there'd have to be a way to prevent tapping the same merfolk twice.
That should not occur, each tap event will only allow untapped Merfolk to be selected.
Ah yes, of course.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby frank » 28 Mar 2014, 13:55

Hi again,

I just wanted to ask something. When searching google for the keywords magarena and Fecundity, it appears you already included it in some kind of list. But it never was implemented, wasn't it?
frank

Postby hong yie » 28 Mar 2014, 15:07

frank wrote:Hi again,

I just wanted to ask something. When searching google for the keywords magarena and Fecundity, it appears you already included it in some kind of list. But it never was implemented, wasn't it?
i've just submitted script for fecundity through firemind.ch, enjoy. :)
hong yie
Programmer

Postby frank » 09 Apr 2014, 09:09

Fathom Mage: currently not possible, no trigger for +1/+1 counter
Renegade Krasis: currently not possible, no trigger for evolving
Maelstrom Nexus: currently not possible, game.getSpellsPlayed() can't be used as a condition, it would need a player.getSpellsPlayed(). There are other cards as well which would need a player.getSpellsPlayed() method, like, Erayo's Essence
Simic Fluxmage: [x] done
Benthicore: [x] done
frank

Postby ShawnieBoy » 09 Apr 2014, 20:32

frank wrote:Fathom Mage: currently not possible, no trigger for +1/+1 counter
Renegade Krasis: currently not possible, no trigger for evolving
Maelstrom Nexus: currently not possible, game.getSpellsPlayed() can't be used as a condition, it would need a player.getSpellsPlayed(). There are other cards as well which would need a player.getSpellsPlayed() method, like, Erayo's Essence
Simic Fluxmage: [x] done
Benthicore: [x] done
Not a fan of the Simic Fluxmage script.
Removing a counter shouldn't be part of the cost. If the target becomes invalid (gains shroud/prot blue), the counter shouldn't be lost. A move counter effect is needed, with checks similar to those for Auras and Equipment that get moved, to check their target is still there before being moved.
(Don't get me wrong, moving counters about is one of my most favourite things in MTG :D - Simic Fluxmage is a good place to start as it only has one target, unlike most others which have two)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena