It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:46

Text Size

Card wishlist

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card wishlist

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Jul 2014, 15:51

No longer relevant.
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 24 Apr 2015, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 13 Jul 2014, 18:24

PalladiaMors wrote:Hey guys, if you don't mind I'm gonna post some requests. I'm a fan of older block formats and cards can be short for those in Magarena. Anyway, I'm trying to build Mirage Block sligh and these could be handy:

Thunderbolt
Hammer of Bogardan
Kaervek's Torch
Relentless Assault
Final Fortune

Among these I have a feeling that Final Fortune is very unique and may be challenging for the AI? Anyway, would be nice to see some of these in the future, when you guys have time available to code them. Thanks!

Edit: Hope I'm not coming over the top with these, but some other cards I'd eventually like to see, for Masques' Block Snuff-o'-derm, one of my favourite ever decks:

Snuff Out
Vendetta
Silt Crawler
Chimeric Idol
Saproling Burst
:D Request away!

First thing I thought was "How did I miss Vendetta?" (I'm mainly here for the cards and card scripting)

Some of those I hope to have done this evening, some trickier than others, although only a few are as-yet not-doable.

Relentless Assault (and extra combat step-cards). Adding an extra step/phase (or another way of looking at it, going back and doing a step/phase again) isn't doable yet.

The others are annoying rules specifics:

Final Fortune - There's actually a few, take another turn then die, type effects. I think it would be interesting to see how the different AI react to these types of cards. The only problem I see with the coding of it, is that it's during the end of 'that turn' instead of 'your next turn' that you lose. Getting multiple extra turns during the same turn, one of which is a Final Fortune, would need to remember information many turns into the future which extra turn you lose at the end of.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 13 Jul 2014, 23:56

No longer relevant.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 14 Jul 2014, 15:35

Always glad to get requests!

Modifying the casting cost is a bit of a tricky one (Wanted to get the Medallions from Tempest implemented for ages - glad to see someone else who enjoys the earlier sets as well!) At least the newer implementation of Convoke doesn't reduce the cost any more, so getting closer for that to be implemented, but that's another story...

Madness has recently been added, but cycling triggers are also a problem (Have a Niv-Mizzet deck that revolves around cycling triggers that I'd love the AI to play). I've been working through the others and so you should see them eventually appear on the daily builds here: Daily Builds

edit - Pushed the following cards:
Chimeric Idol
Circular Logic
Death Cloud
Devour in Shadow
Silt Crawler
Snuff Out
Vendetta
Wild Mongrel

and while I was there:
Phyrexian Delver
Oni of Wild Places (Can be moved from \scripts_missing to \scripts)

Thanks to hong yie for submitting Greater Harvester as well ;)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 16 Jul 2014, 17:29

No longer relevant.
PalladiaMors

Postby 000Malphateus000 » 25 Jul 2014, 16:27

Hi guys,
I am new here (acc registration) but I follow Magarena project since the version 1.3x.
Before ordering anything I need to say: "Thank you all for Magarena!" =D> - It's great for test some ideas for decks, in special on Pauper.

Probably is to late for an update in next version (1.52) but just for the record. I will list some cards (I don't know how link like I see in others publications) that I think nice from available:

Ponder
Portent
Index
Spy Network
Seething Song
Wild Guess
Dangerous Wager
Fiery Temper (need madness)
Nivix Cyclops
Duress
Wrench Mind
Chittering Rats

Will be nice add madness mechanics in the future.
Sorry the english (BR here) and don't link the cards.

Thanks again for Magarena!
000Malphateus000

Postby ShawnieBoy » 26 Jul 2014, 14:45

Hi 000Malphateus000 thanks for the support :)

You'll be enjoying 1.52, as it has nearly all the Madness cards implemented, so Fiery Temper is included.

Some of the cards suggested are currently in the incomplete folder due to looking at the opponents hand, or other hidden cards. The AI currently can't remember what it's seen, so wouldn't be able to use these properly (Duress, Spy Network and Portent). There's other issues involving choosing what cards to put back onto the top of the library (Ponder, Portent, Index and Spy Network) - The same reason Scry with a value over 1 hasn't been added yet.

We currently don't have a mana pool, so adding multiple mana isn't currently do-able either for Seething Song.

Wild Guess (And "additional cost - discard a card at random" cards like Sonic Burst and Sonic Seizure) currently allow you to, or have a chance to, discard themselves for their own cost. But we're working on it!

Nivix Cyclops and other "attack as though they didn't have Defender" aren't doable with the current working of combat and abilities (We could do it if they lost Defender; but they don't, they still have Defender, but can attack as well. So they'd still have any bonuses from "all creatures with Defender have...")

Chittering Rats should be doable though, and Wrench Mind :D I'll have a look.

Thanks for the suggestions! - There's still more things I'd like to be able to do, we'll get there eventually!

@PalladiaMors - I'll have a look at Balance as well, could be more tricky as even though it kinda has the same result as Death Cloud, it has a different method (Mainly multiple choices of permanents to keep, instead of multiple choices of permanents to sacrifice)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 26 Jul 2014, 23:41

No longer relevant.
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 24 Apr 2015, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 27 Jul 2014, 14:44

PalladiaMors wrote:I see, I was crossing my fingers and hoping it could be done a bit as a "copy-paste job" as a (much) cheaper Death Cloud, but I can see what you're saying that it works differently. My bad.

Couple of wishes here to see if these can make the end-of-the-month release (nice excuse lol). I'm trying to make use of my newfound knowledge about the cards already in the game to sort out stuff that I believe should be simpler to implement.

Drain Life
Fastbond
Force of Nature
Fork (thought that this would be a problem but then I noticed Izzet Guildmage is already in and thought better! Edit: just saw an older post explaining that the copy being red is the problem)
Lord of the Pit
Sengir Vampire
Twiddle
Dark Heart of the Wood
Maze of Ith
Hidden Horror
There's a few cards on there which I was sure I'd already done... lol Dark Heart of the Wood is added, Force of Nature, Lord of the Pit, Maze of Ith and Hidden Horror should all be do-able.

Unfortunately the others aren't at the moment :(

Drain Life: X mana of one color.

Fastbond: Needs to know how many lands have been played (Lands after the first cause damage) - Will take a bit of looking into the land limit, but could work.

Sengir Vampire (Sengir Bats and other 'Vampiric' cards): Permanents don't remember what damaged them, only that they have damage. A creature damaged by a Vampire, but lives until direct damage or something else kills it, will still add a counter.

Twiddle: We've fudged our way around permanents that can tap or untap a target. We've given them two separate abilities, but really they shouldn't. The choice whether to tap or untap is done when the effect resolves, not when cast. So if the target you want to untap becomes untapped before the spell or ability resolves, but is still on the stack, you can choose to tap it instead when it finally triggers.

I think I really should start putting a list together on the wiki...

Thanks for the suggestions! There are lots of areas that need some tweaking, but it's good to know where to focus. :D
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 04 Aug 2014, 13:50

I'd like to request one card with the triggered ability "When you control no X, sacrifice this permanent", something like Covetous Dragon or Sea Serpent. I believe I can adapt that groovy to include a whole bunch of other cards. If there's something like that already available, please point me to it, but I looked hard for something of the sort and couldn't find it.
PalladiaMors

Postby PalladiaMors » 22 Aug 2014, 22:58

Hey I was looking at the explorer to see if there's anything else left that can be done with the new "Tap X untapped Y" code that's been recently added and found Voice of the Woods, which is only missing the 7/7 elemental token in order to be included. I was wondering if maybe adding the token type would be relatively simple to do and it would be ok to submit these cards in that case, like we've done before with "return a colorX or colorY creature to your hand"? Perhaps I could find one or two cards missing only specific token types. Although there's the matter of finding a picture for them...

Edit: Also, I was trying to do Gaze of Justice with "ability=additional cost etc;\ Flashback", but it was crashing. This is the first time I've tried to do a spell that would require two abilities. Is that why it's failing? I had thought that this was only a problem when there was a choice between two abilities, now I think I understand it a bit better, it can't have two abilities under any circumstances, that has nothing to do with choices.
PalladiaMors

Postby melvin » 23 Aug 2014, 00:43

You can submit tokens via firemind.ch as well. Remember to check the "is token" options. You can check out what existing tokens look like in Magarena/scripts/*token.txt

Cards can have any number of abilities there is no restriction to only two. Perhaps a syntax error? Do post the card script and the crash message.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 25 Sep 2014, 02:48

Any ideas why this one (Decree of Silence) is crashing? It's complaining about the syntax but I can't find the issue...

Code: Select all
[
    new MagicWhenOtherSpellIsCastTrigger() {
        @Override
        public MagicEvent executeTrigger(final MagicGame game,final MagicPermanent permanent,final MagicCardOnStack cardOnStack) {
            return cardOnStack.getController() != permanent.getController() ?
                new MagicEvent(
                permanent,
                cardOnStack,
                this,
                "Counter RN and put a depletion counter on SN."
            ):
                MagicEvent.NONE;
        }
        @Override
        public void executeEvent(final MagicGame game, final MagicEvent event) {
            game.doAction(new MagicCounterItemOnStackAction(event.getRefCardOnStack()));
            game.doAction(new MagicChangeCountersAction(event.getPermanent(),MagicCounterType.Depletion,1));
        }
    },
    new MagicStatic(MagicLayer.Game) {
        @Override
        public boolean condition(final MagicGame game,final MagicPermanent source,final MagicPermanent target) {
            return source.getCounters(MagicCounterType.Depletion) >= 3;
        }
        @Override
        public void modGame(final MagicPermanent source, final MagicGame game) {
            game.doAction(new MagicSacrificeAction(event.getPermanent());
        }
    },
    new MagicWhenCycleTrigger() {
        @Override
        public MagicEvent executeTrigger(final MagicGame game,final MagicPermanent permanent, final MagicCard card) {
            return new MagicEvent(
                card,
                new MagicMayChoice(MagicTargetChoice.NEG_TARGET_SPELL),
                this,
                "PN may\$ counter target spell\$."
            );
        }

@Override
        public void executeEvent(final MagicGame game, final MagicEvent event) {
            if (event.isYes()) {
                event.processTargetCardOnStack(game, {
                    game.doAction(new MagicCounterItemOnStackAction(it));
                });
            }
        }
    }
]
PalladiaMors

Postby hong yie » 25 Sep 2014, 02:51

you have line number in the crash log?
it will be helpful to know which line caused the crash.
hong yie
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 25 Sep 2014, 03:16

Found it, the static was missing a ) and should've been source instead of event.getPermanent(). I'm used to shorter cards so I didn't count and was thinking line 28 was the last ability, lol.
PalladiaMors

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena