It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:21

Text Size

Bug reports

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports

Postby muppet » 14 Feb 2015, 10:24

melvin wrote:
muppet wrote:How do I pay Phrexian mana. For example I had a 3 and a phrexian blue mana card but had no blue so the game never thought I cld cast the card and it never became highlighted. I can't remember if I have done this successfully in previous versions or if it just happened I always had the right color alternative and cld then choose.
You have to choose when you activate the ability or card, how much life you want to pay. Then you pay the rest of the mana cost normally. Phyrexian mana is implemented as an alternate casting cost.
Ok most cards are fine but I still can't cast Phyrexian Metamorph. I have no blue mana in case that matters and there are targets for its ability shd it ever get into play.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 14 Feb 2015, 13:25

muppet wrote:Ok most cards are fine but I still can't cast Phyrexian Metamorph. I have no blue mana in case that matters and there are targets for its ability shd it ever get into play.
Thanks for mentioning the card. The issue is probably a bug in the implementation of Phyrexian Metamorph, it could only copy creatures but not artifacts. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 5156bf4992
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muppet » 15 Feb 2015, 09:13

Not a bug. Legendary permanents shd probably check there isn't one of the same name in play. This is good 99% of the time. Things like The Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale is 100% I think. For planeswalkers you do sometimes want to kill them on purpose to get in another use.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2015, 11:05

Can't cast Chalice of the Void for zero
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2015, 11:17

muppet wrote:And an actual bug. I have Humility and Ensnaring Bridge. Opp has a creature with 2 +1 +1 counters on it making it 3/3. I have 1 card in hand it attacks .....
There is something wrong with Ensnaring Bridge. I have Elspeth, Knight-Errant a token and a bridge and a Moat. I have 2 cards in hand I boost the token to 4/4 and it can still attack.
It is possible the Moat was in play previously too in case that makes a difference somehow.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2015, 14:05

I have two creatures and am attacking with them but I get no window in which to play my Ghor-Clan Rampager.
I have certainly used its ability in previous versions. Opponent has no blockers in case that was the situation previously.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2015, 14:08

hmm lots of things today. A.I. cast Snapcaster Mage and targeted Mental Misstep which it then proceeded to cast without a target. It shouldn't be allowed to cast counterspells without a target.

This happens with Mana Leak too so may be all counterspells.
Last edited by muppet on 22 Feb 2015, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
muppet
Tester

Postby Amorasilver » 20 Feb 2015, 20:44

Found a bug with Recurring Nightmare.

The way it currently works is that you select a creature to sacrifice, then target a creature in the graveyard. This way, it allows you to return the creature you just sacrificed.

The way it should work is that you should target the creature in the graveyard first, then sacrifice a creature. This way the card follows the correct rules as you are not allowed to bring the sacrificed creature back as it is not in the graveyard yet.
Amorasilver

Postby muppet » 22 Feb 2015, 11:47

You may already know about this one. I play Phantasmal Image and copy a creature. The opponent kills that creature say with a Lightning Bolt. Currently my Phantasmal Image goes to the graveyard which is incorrect. It is already on the battlefield when the copy happens.
muppet
Tester

Postby PalladiaMors » 24 Feb 2015, 00:03

MagicScryEvent isn't showing the top card of library, so the player can't properly decide what to with it. It's easy to work around this by adding a LookAction previously, but I thought I should report it.

This should mean that the card Opt requires the LookAction to be included in its groovy in order to be playable right now.

Also, some cards that were done before the RevealAction was implemented are missing it. I added it to the ones in groovy form through GitHub, but some are in script form, like Darksteel Colossus or Blightsteel Colossus. It's a bit of a relevant issue: I've already submitted one mistaken bug report because of that, since the card not being revealed made me lose track of what was happening in a certain situation. Please fix when/if possible!
PalladiaMors

Postby melvin » 24 Feb 2015, 06:28

PalladiaMors wrote:MagicScryEvent isn't showing the top card of library, so the player can't properly decide what to with it. It's easy to work around this by adding a LookAction previously, but I thought I should report it.
Thanks for reporting the bug. It would be better to fix MagicScryEvent instead of having every card that use it implement a work around. Tracking this as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/72 Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 30c1ae5ccb

PalladiaMors wrote:This should mean that the card Opt requires the LookAction to be included in its groovy in order to be playable right now.
This work around is not needed after the bug with MagicScryEvent is fixed. We try to avoid work around as they tend to be messy and it isn't clear when we've applied the workaround to all the relevant cards, unlike fixing a bug when we know all affected card are corrected with the bug fix.

PalladiaMors wrote:Also, some cards that were done before the RevealAction was implemented are missing it.
Fixed ability "If SN would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal SN and shuffle it into its owner's library instead." to include the reveal action in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 7f2e996798
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby muppet » 24 Feb 2015, 12:31

1.58 doesn't think frf is in standard I just noticed.
muppet
Tester

Postby melvin » 24 Feb 2015, 14:48

muppet wrote:1.58 doesn't think frf is in standard I just noticed.
Thanks for catching this. Fixed inhttps://github.com/magarena/magarena/ ... e1df7fd94a
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby sponeta » 01 Mar 2015, 10:01

Lotleth Troll is missing trample.
sponeta
Tester

Postby melvin » 01 Mar 2015, 10:39

sponeta wrote:Lotleth Troll is missing trample.
Good catch. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 0d019b25cb
melvin
AI Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena