It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:42

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby hong yie » 11 Sep 2014, 02:06

where can i look for old groovy script for cards that has already converted to script?
I'm sure this can help many other to script new cards. thanx before. :)
hong yie
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 11 Sep 2014, 03:35

hong yie wrote:where can i look for old groovy script for cards that has already converted to script?
I'm sure this can help many other to script new cards. thanx before. :)
Given that every change is logged at http://code.google.com/p/magarena/source/browse/ you would think it would be fairly easy to find but unless it is well hidden I was unable to identify the point that Turn_to_Mist lost its groovy. :( :x

Instead I used TortoiseHg Workbench which I use for development anyway but I would imagine any Mercurial client would do the job.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby melvin » 11 Sep 2014, 04:55

Assuming you know the name of the card, you can find its history from our github mirror @ https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... a/scripts/<filename>

Example: Turn to Mist
Get the canonical name by replacing non letters with underscore -> Turn_to_Mist
Add .groovy to the extension -> Turn_to_Mist.groovy

Path to file history:
https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... ist.groovy
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 24 Sep 2014, 01:57

Would it be possible to use the AI hints to prevent the AI from using tap abilities on tapped permanents and untap abilities on untapped permanents? Also, could it be used to prevent it from activating regeneration unless the creature is going to take damage or has been targeted by a destruction effect?

Edit: By AI hints I mean the cast with AI conditions. Maybe an "activate with AI" condition? Regeneration seems a lot more difficult, there's untargeted removal, damage that disables regeneration etc.
PalladiaMors

Postby sponeta » 01 Oct 2014, 19:14

Hey, so, how about adding the option to pick formats and/or sets when starting a random duel? Like in the deck editor there's checkboxes for this? There's been a huge amount of cards added, many to older sets, but the only way to access them in random duels is to pick from the massive 8000+ card pool. I'd really like to exclude those bloody shadow creatures at least. :)

Oh, also, why does the "legacy" cube (8494) have more cards than the "all" cube (8485)?
sponeta
Tester

Postby Lodici » 02 Oct 2014, 04:50

sponeta wrote:Hey, so, how about adding the option to pick formats and/or sets when starting a random duel? Like in the deck editor there's checkboxes for this? There's been a huge amount of cards added, many to older sets, but the only way to access them in random duels is to pick from the massive 8000+ card pool. I'd really like to exclude those bloody shadow creatures at least. :)

Oh, also, why does the "legacy" cube (8494) have more cards than the "all" cube (8485)?
There is a question mark currently hanging over cubes (issue 627). Unless someone else takes a look in the meantime I will probably have to deal with this issue when I get around to improving the deck selection function when creating a new duel, although deck management needs to be improved before I do this.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 08 Oct 2014, 16:39

I'd like to see the actual color of cards in play, as modified by game effects (Darkest Hour, Spiritmonger). Also, I suggest to put a limit on icons shown on cards (maybe 3), and show the others as tooltip or on the enlarged image from rollover.
Obviously if it's not a big deal to do them ;)
jerichopumpkin

Postby Lodici » 08 Oct 2014, 17:32

jerichopumpkin wrote:I'd like to see the actual color of cards in play, as modified by game effects (Darkest Hour, Spiritmonger).
Not sure how you would do that - any suggestions welcome.

jerichopumpkin wrote:Also, I suggest to put a limit on icons shown on cards (maybe 3), and show the others as tooltip or on the enlarged image from rollover.
This has been a constant niggle for a while now but I hope to release an update this month which should improve things - here is an example of what I have come up with so far (a permanent with Akroma's Memorial in play hence all the additional icons which you simply cannot see on the battlefield) -
2014-10-08_182243.jpg

Instead of the overlay I am kind of leaning towards annotating the existing popup image with the icons - although then you won't be able to mouse over for the reminder text as shown above (as the popup disappears as soon as you move the mouse).
Lodici
Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 08 Oct 2014, 22:34

Lodici wrote:
jerichopumpkin wrote:I'd like to see the actual color of cards in play, as modified by game effects (Darkest Hour, Spiritmonger).
I'm still dreaming of using card-frames built a-la MSE so there's no need for downloading full images, just cropped. That way card text + frame + color will all be visible without need for extra icons and pop-ups etc.

That separate view for the icons is pretty cool - Shame there'd be no tooltip-within a tooltip, but I understand why. ;)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 09 Oct 2014, 07:07

Lodici wrote:
Truth be told, I was thinking of a set of simpler icons (maybe simply a circle with the color). Yesterday I realized that the same would be useful also for the permanent type (artifact and enchantment), in cases like Ashnod's Transmogrant, Opalescence, or Karn, Silver Golem.
However, I don't know if it is feasible, since it makes sense only applied to effects that change these characteristics. Is there a way to know that the color or the permanent type has changed in the code? If not, just ignore this request, since the work to do would be more than the benefit (and also, though it would be nice, I lived without it since now)

Lodici wrote:This has been a constant niggle for a while now but I hope to release an update this month which should improve things - here is an example of what I have come up with so far (a permanent with Akroma's Memorial in play hence all the additional icons which you simply cannot see on the battlefield) -
2014-10-08_182243.jpg

Instead of the overlay I am kind of leaning towards annotating the existing popup image with the icons - although then you won't be able to mouse over for the reminder text as shown above (as the popup disappears as soon as you move the mouse).
That is really cool!!! What about giving this view of the cards on right-click? Or does right-click already have a function I'm not aware of?
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 09 Oct 2014, 13:10

jerichopumpkin wrote:
Lodici wrote:
Truth be told, I was thinking of a set of simpler icons (maybe simply a circle with the color). Yesterday I realized that the same would be useful also for the permanent type (artifact and enchantment), in cases like Ashnod's Transmogrant, Opalescence, or Karn, Silver Golem.
However, I don't know if it is feasible, since it makes sense only applied to effects that change these characteristics. Is there a way to know that the color or the permanent type has changed in the code? If not, just ignore this request, since the work to do would be more than the benefit (and also, though it would be nice, I lived without it since now)
The thing is, pretty much any piece of information on a card can change - I really wouldn't want to get icons together for all the creature types! Name can also change, an example would be the 'Clone everything but the name' of Sakashima the Impostor. Current copy effects copy everything from the target. Just looking at the image of Sakashima, you wouldn't know if it was him/her or the original.

Having generated cards would cover these issues, as the direct text could then be edited to match the card properties. Other engines do this too. It's been raised in Issue 442 for similar reasons.

Aysen Crusader no longer bears resemblance to her printed card text before anything even changes!

Types:
Summon - Crusader
Card Text:
Aysen Crusader has power and toughness each equal to 2 plus the number of Heroes you control.

Have to hard-code her image reference to the MTGO version (Which changes card text on the fly, too)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 27 Oct 2014, 13:20

Lilting Refrain is missing some kind of counter icon, could it please be added?

Edit: Also, a lot of cards that use the reveal top cards from library mechanic were done before that was implemented, including stuff that sees a lot of play like Dark Confidant, Goblin Ringleader etc. When you guys have time, would it be possible to add it to those cards?

Edit: other counters missing icons: +0/+1, +2/+2
PalladiaMors

Postby jerichopumpkin » 05 Nov 2014, 18:45

I'd like to suggest to rephrase "target creature can't be blocked this turn" to "target creature gains unblockable until the end of turn", to allow cards like Marchesa's Smuggler to be done without groovy code
jerichopumpkin

Postby PalladiaMors » 05 Nov 2014, 19:13

^ Taking the opportunity: "may attack until end of turn as though it didn't have Defender" could be treated as "loses Defender until end of turn". This may cause issues with cards that count or interact with cards that have Defender, but I don't know if there's anything like that and am pretty sure that there's nothing that sees competitive play.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 08 Nov 2014, 11:57

PalladiaMors wrote:^ Taking the opportunity: "may attack until end of turn as though it didn't have Defender" could be treated as "loses Defender until end of turn". This may cause issues with cards that count or interact with cards that have Defender, but I don't know if there's anything like that and am pretty sure that there's nothing that sees competitive play.
Careful - Axebane Guardian Vent Sentinel to name two off the top of my head.

To be honest this has been annoying me for ages. Along with the can't attack, must attack etc. being abilities and with Defender overwriting all combat. The problem is that the code for being able to attack or block (Which also involves the issue raised by jericho above), is held inside the MagicPermanent and is closely linked with the combat code. I keep looking at this and feel that the whole combat would need a re-write (also to try and fix defender damage assignment, trample damage being mutiple sources etc)

Quite an undertaking :(
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena