It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:42

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby jerichopumpkin » 30 Nov 2015, 10:45

I don't remember if I already requested this in the developement thread, but what about an "attack with all" button? I find it very useful in Magic Duels
jerichopumpkin

Postby Lodici » 30 Nov 2015, 11:03

jerichopumpkin wrote:I don't remember if I already requested this in the developement thread, but what about an "attack with all" button? I find it very useful in Magic Duels
I raised this issue over a year ago but somehow it dropped down the priority list. Thanks for bringing it up again.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby hong yie » 06 Feb 2016, 01:27

anyone suggested to add "Attack with all creatures" button?
will be very useful for token decks.
hong yie
Programmer

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2016, 12:05

big list of things I'd like no idea how possible they are or if anyone else wld ever want them.

1. Infinite mode: AI thinks until you tell it to stop.
2. Hint mode: AI will give a hint when you press a button and/or shows what it is currently thinking of doing maybe with a ranking list.
3. Swap players during game.
4. AI vs AI mode:this used to exist but only seems to allow player vs AI now.
5. Ability to alter the AI mulligan rules. AI is slightly less bad at this now probably because of Vancouver. Maybe the rules shd be looked at again given the new rules?

That's it for now maybe time for another annotated muppet vs the AI game soon.
muppet
Tester

Postby Lodici » 19 Feb 2016, 09:58

muppet wrote:1. Infinite mode: AI thinks until you tell it to stop.
Unfortunately, I think this would be difficult - see discussion in issue #241.
muppet wrote:2. Hint mode: AI will give a hint when you press a button and/or shows what it is currently thinking of doing maybe with a ranking list.
@melvin would know best but similar to (1), I think real-time monitoring of AI thinking would be difficult. You do have the advanced view of the log file though.
muppet wrote:3. Swap players during game.
You can swap decks prior to a duel but not sure why someone would want to do this during a game.
muppet wrote:4. AI vs AI mode:this used to exist but only seems to allow player vs AI now.
This is still on the cards (no pun intended) (see issue #138)
muppet wrote:5. Ability to alter the AI mulligan rules. AI is slightly less bad at this now probably because of Vancouver. Maybe the rules shd be looked at again given the new rules?
I think @firemind was the last person to look at this in detail so he might have some views on the algorithm used.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muppet » 21 Feb 2016, 11:56

well for example lets say I want the AI to play better. So I take back insane moves like turn one Mystical Tutor for Lightning Bolt, bolt you for 3. Now if I cld temporarily swap sides I cld search for say Ancestral Recall, swap back and continue.
muppet
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 21 Feb 2016, 12:11

muppet wrote:well for example lets say I want the AI to play better. So I take back insane moves like turn one Mystical Tutor for Lightning Bolt, bolt you for 3. Now if I cld temporarily swap sides I cld search for say Ancestral Recall, swap back and continue.
Nice idea.

Also, just thought, if this access was available Mindslaver could be implemented as well.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 08 Mar 2016, 12:57

It would still be nice if permanents with the same name were distinguished some how, try having 4 Aether Vials in play and working out which ones you are putting counters on for example.
muppet
Tester

Postby jerichopumpkin » 08 Mar 2016, 15:10

muppet wrote:It would still be nice if permanents with the same name were distinguished some how, try having 4 Aether Vials in play and working out which ones you are putting counters on for example.
I double this one, maybe adding an highlight to the targeted permanent (the same shown for the avaible targets)?

Also it would be very nice to know also if it's a token or a Clone-like creature (maybe which, knowing which one is Phantasmal Image would be very useful. There, Giant Growth, dead).
jerichopumpkin

Postby melvin » 09 Mar 2016, 02:26

muppet wrote:It would still be nice if permanents with the same name were distinguished some how, try having 4 Aether Vials in play and working out which ones you are putting counters on for example.
When you mouse over the word "Æther Vial" on the stack, it will highlight the Æther Vial on the battlefield that will have the counter. Please give this a try and let us know how it works out.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby melvin » 09 Mar 2016, 02:31

jerichopumpkin wrote:maybe adding an highlight to the targeted permanent (the same shown for the available targets)?
When a target is chosen, its name will appear in the stack. Mouse over the name of the target in the stack and the permanent on the battlefield will be highlighted. Please give this a try and let us know if it helps.

jerichopumpkin wrote:Also it would be very nice to know also if it's a token or a Clone-like creature (maybe which, knowing which one is Phantasmal Image would be very useful. There, Giant Growth, dead).
Good suggestion, tracking this as https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/719
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 09 Mar 2016, 07:49

melvin wrote:When a target is chosen, its name will appear in the stack. Mouse over the name of the target in the stack and the permanent on the battlefield will be highlighted. Please give this a try and let us know if it helps.
I've totally missed this one. I'll give it a try asap!
jerichopumpkin

Postby muppet » 10 Mar 2016, 09:20

yes that works fine sorry had never noticed that.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 15 Mar 2016, 14:18

Ok I am back on my let me choose AI constraints in a given position bandwagon, admittedly it is possible no one else would ever want to do this.

So for example my next thought is I have a position I think is interesting and I want to choose the number of sims the AI plays through to test its next move.

Anyway lets say I get to this position and now I press my how many sims do you want me to run? And I enter say 1000 and off it goes and makes its choice.

I have sort of found a solution if I set it to not pass priority auto and the simply take back and play forward and the cache holds the previous value I can add up a number of trials and get to a sensible number.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 23 Mar 2016, 15:50

melvin wrote:
When you mouse over the word "Æther Vial" on the stack, it will highlight the Æther Vial on the battlefield that will have the counter. Please give this a try and let us know how it works out.
Found a situation where it doesn't help.
AI attacks with 3 goblin 1/1 tokens and casts Titan's Strength on one. I can't now mouseover the stack and see which. Not sure if the difference is that these are tokens I'll try to remember to check if I see it again.
muppet
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena