It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:57

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Mar 2015, 20:40

Makes sense to me.

Melvin, it's 45 seconds to unzip the zip file, due to having 15,000 text files in the scripts folders. I don't build decks, I use precons, so Magarena would only ever need 120 cards (typically much less) in memory.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby melvin » 07 Mar 2015, 00:51

ShawnieBoy wrote:If it would be possible to get to the UI and layout before it goes to the 'Loading Abilities' section
I'm guessing you have debug turned on, that's the only case where abilities are loaded during initialization. For users who start the program normally, debug is off and abilities are loaded on demand as the card is used in a deck.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby ShawnieBoy » 07 Mar 2015, 02:24

melvin wrote:I'm guessing you have debug turned on, that's the only case where abilities are loaded during initialization. For users who start the program normally, debug is off and abilities are loaded on demand as the card is used in a deck.
Ah yes, sorry, I meant Loading Cards. In that respect it doesn't take too long (for me), but inverting the loading order may make things appear swifter on slower machines.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Mar 2015, 20:42

Here's an animated gif of my unzipping :)
http://gifyu.com/image/HoA
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Lodici » 26 Mar 2015, 14:59

Is there any interest in having an option to play an AI vs AI game? We can actually already do it using command line arguments but it is still a bit limited. The code already exists so it would not be too difficult to add an option to the UI. I quite enjoy watching two AIs slug it out and with the card animations enabled it is now easier to follow what is going on
Lodici
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 26 Mar 2015, 16:05

Lodici wrote:Is there any interest in having an option to play an AI vs AI game? We can actually already do it using command line arguments but it is still a bit limited. The code already exists so it would not be too difficult to add an option to the UI. I quite enjoy watching two AIs slug it out and with the card animations enabled it is now easier to follow what is going on
Me!!! that would be awesome, also it would allow us to report more odd AI behaviours :mrgreen:
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 26 Mar 2015, 22:33

Another thumbs up from me too - Handy for testing how the AI plays new cards too.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 30 Mar 2015, 18:06

jerichopumpkin wrote:Me!!! that would be awesome, also it would allow us to report more odd AI behaviours :mrgreen:
ShawnieBoy wrote:Another thumbs up from me too - Handy for testing how the AI plays new cards too.
Thanks - three votes (including me) gets added to the TODO list! :) Tracking as issue 138 with the aim of including in the 1.61 release.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 09 Apr 2015, 14:49

@lodici, I wanted to test AI vs. AI mode a bit and saw you mention somewhere that it's already possible to do that using the -DselfMode command. I created a shortcut to Magarena with <path>\Magarena.exe -DselfMode but didn't manage to figure out how to get it to work. Could you please explain how to do that, if it's not too complicated? I can wait for future releases if necessary, no problem. I think it's a pretty good way to test how Magarena plays.

Out of curiosity: will we be able to see both player's hands at the same time? That would be handy sometimes. Although I'm fine with switching between hands with s too.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 09 Apr 2015, 15:17

PalladiaMors wrote:@lodici, I wanted to test AI vs. AI mode a bit and saw you mention somewhere that it's already possible to do that using the -DselfMode command. I created a shortcut to Magarena with <path>\Magarena.exe -DselfMode but didn't manage to figure out how to get it to work. Could you please explain how to do that, if it's not too complicated? I can wait for future releases if necessary, no problem. I think it's a pretty good way to test how Magarena plays.
Assuming Windows, create a shortcut in the same folder as "Magarena.exe" and set Target to
Code: Select all
javaw.exe -Xms256m -Xmx512m -DselfMode=true -noverify -jar Magarena.exe
the Start In field should be left blank so you can move the shortcut to the next version without having to change anything. You can also use "java.exe" if you want to see the console as well.

PalladiaMors wrote:Out of curiosity: will we be able to see both player's hands at the same time?
That would require a change to the battlefield layout so no not at the moment. Although I guess you could automatically switch the active hand on each player's turn.

EDIT: the AI settings used will be those of the AI selected in the last duel you played.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 May 2015, 17:22

I know you made cards that are played from graveyard highlighted in graveyards area and that's good but most times I forget I have such cards in graveyard as I play random decks that are not focused to play cards from graveyard.

Could you make the graveyard icon or exile icon in players log area on the left flash or be highlighted when such a card can be played/activated?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Lodici » 04 May 2015, 17:26

Aswan jaguar wrote:I know you made cards that are played from graveyard highlighted in graveyards area and that's good but most times I forget I have such cards in graveyard as I play random decks that are not focused to play cards from graveyard.

Could you make the graveyard icon or exile icon in players log area on the left flash or be highlighted when such a card can be played/activated?
Thanks - tracking as issue 239.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 09 May 2015, 14:28

Would it be possible to position auras and equipment attached to a permanent a little bit further up, so that at least the card's name is visible above the card it's enchanting? I know that nobody will be capable of seeing the card's name in a monitor unless they have incredible eyesight, but I think that's a more natural position than the current one. This also increases the available area to hover the mouse over the card and see its picture, and decreases the chance of misclicks when trying to target an aura/equipment with an effect that can also target the permanent it's attached to (right now the area is kinda tiny). Not a big priority, but please consider!
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 13 May 2015, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby ShawnieBoy » 09 May 2015, 14:43

PalladiaMors wrote:Would it be possible to position auras and equipment attached to a permanent a little bit further up, so that at least the card's name is visible above the card it's enchanting? I know that nobody will be capable of seeing the card's name in a monitor unless they have incredible eyesight, but I think that's a more natural position that the current one. This also increases the available area to hover the mouse over the card and see its picture, and decreases the chance of misclicks when trying to target an aura/equipment with an effect that can also target the permanent it's attached to (right now the area is kinda tiny). Not a big priority, but please consider!
Oh yes, I second this - Can be quite frustrating with an aura or equipment that has an activated ability which isn't given to the attached permanent. Such a tiny sliver to click on!

Issue #244
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 13 May 2015, 12:22

How about a swap sides option ?
muppet
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena