It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:35

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby ShawnieBoy » 09 Nov 2014, 04:58

jerichopumpkin wrote:I'd like to suggest to rephrase "target creature can't be blocked this turn" to "target creature gains unblockable until the end of turn", to allow cards like Marchesa's Smuggler to be done without groovy code
"Unblockable" as a phrase is no longer in use. All instances have been replaced with "can't be blocked" (Well, except for some Unglued cards.)

"Target creature can't be blocked this turn." is do-able in script, it's that Marchesa's Smuggler is giving two abilities - I'll have a look at a possible script match for an ability gain plus a "can't ability".
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby melvin » 09 Nov 2014, 10:28

The limitation is we don't support two duration specification ("until end of turn" and "this turn"). We support only a single "until end of turn" at the end of the effect, but you can have multiple abilities (and pseudo-abilities like "can't be blocked") in there.

The card script way to represent the ability is
Code: Select all
{1}{U}{R}: Target creature you control gains haste and can't be blocked until end of turn.
for contrast, the oracle text (which includes two duration specification) is
Code: Select all
{1}{U}{R}: Target creature you control gains haste until end of turn and can't be blocked this turn.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 09 Nov 2014, 12:04

Where can I download the latest build in the new site? It's useful to have it when doing cards because then I can use the most recent groovy files.
PalladiaMors

Postby Lodici » 09 Nov 2014, 12:44

PalladiaMors wrote:Where can I download the latest build in the new site? It's useful to have it when doing cards because then I can use the most recent groovy files.
The build server has not changed, it is still https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/magarena/job/magarena/. A link needs to be added to the new homepage though.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 08 Jan 2015, 19:49

I noticed that information about the outcome of Scry is not publicly visualized (what I mean is, you're supposed to know whether your opponent scried a card to the top or to the bottom of the library because you are legally allowed to see the process, even though, of course, you don't know which card exactly was scried to the top or to the bottom).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby muppet » 18 Feb 2015, 13:42

Any chance of a toggle to show opponents hand just for purposes of making ai decks for firemind and seeing how mad it is with certain cards.
muppet
Tester

Postby Lodici » 18 Feb 2015, 13:51

muppet wrote:Any chance of a toggle to show opponents hand just for purposes of making ai decks for firemind and seeing how mad it is with certain cards.
You can use the S key to show the AI's hand. Not particularly well documented admittedly.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby melvin » 18 Feb 2015, 15:04

Agetian wrote:I noticed that information about the outcome of Scry is not publicly visualized
A message is shown in the log if the player moved the card to the bottom, but not when the card was left on top. Will add a log message for the later case as well for symmetry. Fixed in https://github.com/magarena/magarena/co ... 2fc9f10b1b
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby hong yie » 18 Feb 2015, 18:17

i played some matches with clone cards
sometime i & the Ai need to know which creature card is a real "platinum angel" and which one are tokens created by progenitor mimic. this will help a lot to determine which one to remove, imagine 6 platinum angels are in play.
if the mimic removed, could prevent more tokens. :)
hong yie
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 18 Feb 2015, 19:41

hong yie wrote:i played some matches with clone cards
sometime i & the Ai need to know which creature card is a real "platinum angel" and which one are tokens created by progenitor mimic. this will help a lot to determine which one to remove, imagine 6 platinum angels are in play.
if the mimic removed, could prevent more tokens. :)
Something like this has been asked before but unfortunately we have basically lost all the open issues from the previous tracker - they were archived as a bunch of json files but these are pain to read or manage. However I did some searching and sure enough I found old issue 555 which I have transcribed to issue 66: token indicator on copied cards on the new tracker.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muppet » 21 Feb 2015, 16:39

I sometimes have trouble determining the target of an ability cast by the opponent. For example I have 10 soldier tokens in play opponent casts Maelstrom Pulse, I need to know which one is targeted so I can kill it with a Doom Blade to fizzle the pulse.
muppet
Tester

Postby Lodici » 23 Feb 2015, 01:51

Token indicator - how about the following (click for full size)...
ScreenShot00037.png

Second Young Wolf is a copy of first via Progenitor Mimic (no indicator).
Third Young Wolf is a token Young Wolf created on upkeep via Progenitor Mimic (green circle indicator).
Fourth Young Wolf is a copy of the token Young Wolf via Phantasmal Image (no indicator).

I have designed it so the token indicator will only be displayed on non-token cards (if that makes sense!) the assumption being that it is easy enough to identify actual token cards due to the different style.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby hong yie » 23 Feb 2015, 01:56

something popup when player mouse over the green circle dot?
pop-up dialog box might can help a lot to identify the source / ability it currently has.
something to be read should be more helpful. its just an idea. :)
hong yie
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 23 Feb 2015, 02:16

hong yie wrote:something popup when player mouse over the green circle dot?
Not sure what extra info you would display. Green dot = token.

hong yie wrote:pop-up dialog box might can help a lot to identify the source / ability it currently has.
Is there any requirement to know that the second Young Wolf was created via Progenitor Mimic? I can see a popup might be useful then to convey that info. Or perhaps display Progenitor Mimic behind the Young Wolf. In a real life game what would you usually do with it once played?
Lodici
Programmer

Postby hong yie » 23 Feb 2015, 02:25

the most important info is..
a player need to know which one is the progenitor mimic, the owner might want to put shroud / other buff ability to protect, while opponent need to know which one to kill.
While in phantasmal case, player might need to know that this token will be destroyed when targeted.
hong yie
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena