It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:46

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby ubeefx » 07 Jan 2011, 17:14

If you are referring to the account, just make a google account (used for gmail and so on).
If you already have a gmail address, you can use that.
Then if you send me the account (e.g. test@gmail.com), I can add you to the contributors on the project page.
You already made the great splash screen and you will probably make some themes too.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby puxl » 07 Jan 2011, 22:43

ubeefx wrote:Adding a game mode to Magarena with the "no lands" approach is probably very doable.
The generated deck could then contain 40 non land cards of any color.
Each turn the active player gets an extra mana source of a chosen color or of any color at the beginning of upkeep.
Of course some cards would have to be disabled in this mode because they refer to lands, etc.
This could be also partially "solved" by having two libraries - one regular library, one for lands. At start of game, you would choose from where to draw the cards, you would be able to choose whether to draw a land or another card for every card draw and spells like "look in library/shuffle library" will examine both of them.

But any attempt to eliminate the lands out of game completely would broke (or make useless) a bunch of cards (like Armageddon, Nightmare and others, anything with "sacrifice land: something", many others) and probably change the balance - some cards will be weakened, some of them will be stronger (like some of those where their disadvantage is related to lands - like Erhnam Djinn)
puxl

Postby ubeefx » 08 Jan 2011, 00:06

Theme support in Magarena is implemented for release 1.7.
You will be able to put any number of downloaded theme zips into a mods folder.
The mods folder already suggests that there will be some other modding options. :)
The Magarena release will still come with the default themes : wood, granite and opal.
A sample theme called moon made by me will be downloadable from the project page.
There will also be amazing themes created by Epiko, one for each color.
Last edited by ubeefx on 14 Jan 2011, 11:12, edited 2 times in total.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby donpastor » 08 Jan 2011, 10:48

Congratulations for this great piece of software.
I'm trying to play magarena on my sansung q1 tablet pc, so i can take magic anywhere.
While it's playable, the low res (800x480) makes playing somewhat difficult.
Would it be possible for you to add an option to specify card size and another one to tap cards with double click? (so clicking once with the stylus just will just open the popup card)
Thank you very much.
donpastor

Postby epiko » 08 Jan 2011, 12:31

I have another issue On theme developing, when we resize the Window , cards remain of the same Size, this brings some problem with the elements on the background. Do you think is it possible to do something?
epiko

Postby ubeefx » 08 Jan 2011, 23:13

@ donpastor

The resolution 800x480 is much smaller than the required 1024x768.
I tried it and it seems almost unplayable to me, even in text mode.

I think letting Magarena run on such devices would require a totally different layout manager and also approach for handling popup and input.
So it does not seem that obvious to fix. Might happen sometime.

@ epiko

I do not think that having one large background that scales with screen and all components that must be placed accordingly to the position on this background fits with current layout management. So that is why I went for the approach with the player, battlefield and hand zones. But I am open for suggestions to improve on that design.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Jan 2011, 23:23

I'm giving you my feature requests slowly...:)

Here's my next one: Pls list all the keyboard shortcuts in the Help. Right now they're only in the changelog.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby ubeefx » 09 Jan 2011, 17:58

I listed them in the readme file of next release.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby epiko » 12 Jan 2011, 07:38

GAME SYSTEM:

This system can be both offline and online

in both of these two modes every player battle against the AI and try to defeat him.

We have two categories of player: DECKBUILDERS, and MAGES.
The deckbuilders build the decks for the AI and the mages try to defeat him.
So there's no need for a player to fight against another player.

SCORE SYSTEM:

Every card in Magarena has a value, that can be mutuated from the real PRICES of the card.
So every deck has a global value that is the sum of the values of the cards inside it.
Every MAGE begins his career with, let's say, 100 SPELL POINT, so he can build a deck whose value is no
more than that. When a MAGE wins a DUEL, he gains SPELL POINTS and he can add more powerful cards to his deck.
If a MAGE loose a duel, he loose SPELL POINTS and he has to change cards in his deck with others of less value.
When a MAGE reach 10000 SPELL POINTS he can become a DECKBUILDER and begin to build deck for the AI.

DECKBUILDERS

In the online version, every time the AI wins a duel with a deck build from a specific DECKBUILDER, that DECKBUILDER gains POWER POINTS.

There are four level of AI, every level is associated at a specific monster, a powerful evil mage that has to be
defeated, plus there is the SUPERIOR MAGE, who can build a deck with every card inside the game and has
the more level of difficulty. Only few players can become DECKBUILDERS strong enough for build decks for the
SUPERIOR MAGE.

THE STORY

Every monster that represents the AI is associated at a specific level of the Magarena dimesion. Magarena is
an ethereal world born inside a hole in the ethereal void, where all the white mana concentrated in a
way where it released evil power, that mixed upon himself to generate new types of mana never known before. Four gods entered this world and begun to use the mana to transform all the universe and make this hole in the ethereal world bigger and bigger.
Every mage in the universe arrived in Magarena to stop this, but when they entered this world, all the spells and
knowledge they had of the real universe disappeared and now they have to learn every spell from the beginning
and defeat all of the four mages.
epiko

Postby ubeefx » 12 Jan 2011, 09:01

Epiko, cool stuff, I think you have described what a possible quest mode could be in Magarena. :)
That would be a real cool feature to jump on for people who want to commit to the project, as I have mentioned before.

When a player loses, it is a good thing to keep the player able and motivated to win,
so maybe the penalty of replacing cards in deck with less valuable cards must be rather small.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Themes

Postby epiko » 13 Jan 2011, 00:31

This is the white theme i did for the next version of Magarena

Schermata 2011-01-13 a 01.28.48.png
epiko

theme

Postby epiko » 13 Jan 2011, 00:36

And this is the green forest theme

green forest.jpg
epiko

Postby epiko » 14 Jan 2011, 09:20

This is my RedFire theme, any comment is appreciated

Schermata 2011-01-14 a 10.11.39.png
epiko

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2011, 12:32

All your themes are great.I think the magarena logo should be in all themes like you did in green theme.
The white theme although great,doesn't seem so of a "plains" theme to me.
Why are there these 2lines in your themes, I didn't see them in ubeefx's last moon theme.
Great job. =D>
*In red theme a magarena in flames would be great.
*In white theme a magarena of marbles,pebbles would be great.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby epiko » 14 Jan 2011, 13:04

Thank you.
I had to remove the magarena logo because when you change the game resolution the logo doesn't stay in place. Maybe i will add it another time in future versions of my themes.
epiko

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena