It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:22

Text Size

Feature requests

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature requests

Postby epiko » 05 Jan 2011, 23:28

i think we can try the scale, and if we don't like the result , find another solution in the next release
epiko

Postby epiko » 06 Jan 2011, 10:17

...another proposal...

i was thinking about the option to disable the internal icons (like hand, deck, graveyard), in this way we can include them directly into the background. do you think it can be an option?

http://i54.tinypic.com/x6htfk.png
epiko

Postby ubeefx » 06 Jan 2011, 11:45

Nice work! The splash screen that you provided is already integrated in the game and looks very good.

The theme support I am currently working on allows specifying textures, some icons and some colors (like text, title bars).
The theme would be a zip file with inside a properties file describing the theme and all icons and images as files.

Currently the UI relies mainly on using seamless tileable textures and location of the components is not very important.
Maybe I could also add the icons for hand, graveyard, exile, combat and battlefield to the theme.
Another thing is that instead of having one texture for entire background, there could be a specific texture for the several zones (cards, left side, battlefield) that can also be stretched instead of tiled. I still have to think about that.
The theme support might need some iterations, but even with the first iteration a lot will be possible.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby puxl » 06 Jan 2011, 14:10

I though about one feature that may be useful. In the graphics mode, creatures have small icons on bottom left corner of the card to indicate their abilities (like flying, first strike, etc ...). I think such icons should be added to lands also.

Six icons for "Land is able to produce red/green/blue/black/white/colorless" mana could be used. Optionally, there could be also icon for "any color" that could be used instead of all five icons for cards like Rupture Spire.

This would help quite a lot, since the cards are relatively small when shown on the battlefield and the some lands are visually quite similar - with these icons you can quickly decide which to tap for what mana without needing to examine the cards closely.
puxl

Postby ubeefx » 06 Jan 2011, 16:21

Good suggestion. I will probably do this for release 1.7.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Jan 2011, 18:50

I request a keyboard shortcut to toggle between graphics and text mode. "T" is the logical choice but might be reserved for "Tap".
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby ubeefx » 06 Jan 2011, 19:26

How about Enter key? I added that to switch.
Tab and Shift were my other choices, but cannot be binded.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby epiko » 06 Jan 2011, 21:31

I have also a gameplay request.

We can use the space where now there are the images, for display in automatic the last card that is on the stack, sometimes the ai play very faster and it's difficult to understand what is happening. Having to go with the mouse on the stack everytime it's frustrating.
epiko

Postby ubeefx » 06 Jan 2011, 23:12

I will see what I can do for your request.

Theme support progresses nicely.

Most solid colors will be customizable.
Also the background and component texture for regular screens is customizable (but always tiled).

For the game screen, there will be two modes :
- one is to use a single background image (tile or stretch) for entire screen
- other mode is to split screen in three zones (player/battlefield/hand), each with their own texture (tile or stretch)

All 6 icons of the player info are currently customizable.
I am not sure if I will make avatars part of a theme. Those can be made downloadable in another zip.

I will make a test theme and maybe post some screenshots so that you can see what is possible.
Seems like a very good start to me to customize the look of Magarena.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Jan 2011, 23:24

Really cool stuff, a nice start indeed!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 07 Jan 2011, 04:07

Just popping in to say that splash screen is wicked cool.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby epiko » 07 Jan 2011, 07:20

I think that when the theme will be fully implemented the NeXT step should be card animations, and then here we will have one of the most beautiful gui On the scene, plus the most strong ai On the scene. magarena is a very Cool project.
epiko

Postby epiko » 07 Jan 2011, 08:53

There is one feature that one day i'd like to see in a CCG like magic. And the engine of Magarena would be perfect, for me, to implent it.

ELIMINATE THE LANDS!!!

Every turn all the mana of every player augment by one. Stop. You can play all the cards of every color in a deck. There is a game for the Iphone (Orions) that do in that way and is so wonderful to play. I think Magarena has the potential to become a new game, instead of a clone of something that exist.

Bye.
epiko

Postby ubeefx » 07 Jan 2011, 11:32

Adding a game mode to Magarena with the "no lands" approach is probably very doable.
The generated deck could then contain 40 non land cards of any color.
Each turn the active player gets an extra mana source of a chosen color or of any color at the beginning of upkeep.
Of course some cards would have to be disabled in this mode because they refer to lands, etc.

About using the engine for similar or even completely new CCG games, that is certainly a possibility.
The engine is not really hard linked to be only Magic, for instance the entire turn structure can be modded completely.
Also the mana sources could be anything and could for instance be just all the permanents on the battlefield.

Epiko, if you PM me your google code account, I could add you as a contributor to the project.
ubeefx
DEVELOPER

Postby epiko » 07 Jan 2011, 17:08

i don't know how it works?
epiko

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena