It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:48

Text Size

Premade decks please

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Premade decks please

Postby melvin » 22 Feb 2014, 12:01

tiagoruback wrote:Another release!
Thanks to Blanchwood Armor and Howl of the Night Pack(avaiable in the next release), now we have Teeth of the Predator, a Special Theme Deck from Duels of the Planeswalkers(special physical set inspired by its digital namesake, released in 2010)
Thanks, tiagoruback. I've included both decks for the next release. I've renamed them so that the word Theme-Deck is in front so that all of them will be grouped together in the deck browser.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby ember hauler » 11 Mar 2014, 06:04

On a topic of premade decks I was thinking about Event Decks. They are fun to play (mostly), and none of them is currently present in Magarena because some cards are missing.

So I did a quick analysis of the cards which are not implemented yet, here are the results:

Event Deck / # of cards not implemented yet

Hold the Line (Innistrad) - 1
Boros: Rally and Rout (Gatecrash) - 3
Gleeful Flames (Dark Ascension) - 3
War of Attrition (New Phyrexia) - 3
Infect and Defile (Mirrodin Besieged) - 4
Wrack and Rage (RtR) - 4
Spiraling Doom (Dark Ascension) - 4
Death's Encroach (Avacyn Restored) - 4
Deathfed (Innistrad) - 5
Into the Breach (Mirrodin Besieged) - 5
Simic: Thrive and Thrash (Gatecrash) - 6
Humanity's Vengeance (Avacyn Restored) - 6
Vampire Onslaught (2012) - 6
Repeat Performance (2013) - 6
Strength of Selesnya (Dragon's Maze) - 7
Illusionary Might (2012) - 7
Rot from Within (New Phyrexia) - 7
Creep and Conquer (RtR) - 8
Rush of the Wild (2014) - 10
Inspiring Heroics (Theros) - 10
Sweet Revenge (2013) - 11

As you can see, several decks require very small number of new cards. For example, for "Hold the Line" we need Bonds of Faith only.

Some missing cards (as far as I know) could be implemented in Magarena: Bonds of Faith, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Contagion Clasp, Banisher Priest, Rubblebelt Raiders and so on.

But I'm not so sure for others like Boros Charm, Ash Zealot, Dismember, Porcelain Legionnaire, Green Sun's Zenith, Deadbridge Goliath, Preordain, Faithless Looting, Brutalizer Exarch, Forbidden Alchemy, etc.

Is it possible to do this in Magarena?
It would be cool to have some Event Decks.
ember hauler

Postby ShawnieBoy » 11 Mar 2014, 16:44

Yeah, some of those are do-able, (actually I thought that Bonds of Faith was done, but it's not).

Here's a fairly comprehensive list of card types that aren't implementable https://code.google.com/p/magarena/source/browse/cards/unimplementable.tsv

Phyrexian mana is now viable using 'alt cost' ability for each possible mana/life combination in the casting cost. Dismember is already implemented, and Porcelain Soldier is fine.

With the code-magic Melvin has done with Birthing Pod, I can see Green Sun's Zenith as do-able.

As a heads-up, I'm maintaining a list of cards here http://www.mtgcollectionbuilder.com/collections/view.php?collector=1351 which can help with finding cards that have yet to be made.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magarena