It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:47

Text Size

I mention Magarena on my blog

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

I mention Magarena on my blog

Postby mtgrares » 07 Oct 2011, 18:07

Magarena is great and I enjoy playing against a smart AI. Monday, October 10th the article on my blog is about how Forge's AI is fast and dumb, but that is a good thing because you can play more games. This is the last paragraph is where I mention Magarena and I basically say that I thought Magarena would make Forge obsolete but it doesn't. Forge and Magarena are two flavors of Magic.

I also worried that Forge would be dead meat compared to a program with a smarter AI but that didn’t happen. Magarena was released (for free) and it has a great AI that plays like a real person. I love playing Magarena because the computer will completely pound you into submission and will never say, “I’m sorry”. In like manner, it is great fun to win because you can feel the computer working against you. Magarena is absolutely brilliant but it hasn’t made Forge less fun. In a way, Magarena has allowed me to see how fun Forge really is and that having a better AI wouldn’t increase its fun factor.

Forge is absolutely fun with a fast, dumb AI.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: I mention Magarena on my blog

Postby beholder » 07 Oct 2011, 18:39

I guess one of the things that draws people to Forge is the number of cards and the card scripting. I know it was for me and I made custom decks and tried to script some cards from day one.
When I discovered Magarena and it's AI, I found I preferred that over the many great things Forge offers. A matter of taste really and I didn't stop playing Forge although at the moment I'm far more busy programming than playing.
So yeah I agree, Forge didn't lose its appeal to me, it's still fun to play as it was when I first installed it :)

Both applications can only get better and they will.
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Return to Magarena