It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:01

Text Size

Some Issues and my first Card

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Some Issues and my first Card

Postby Gocho2 » 01 Nov 2011, 16:13

As I say this morning, I have some bug-reports after playing some matches:

- Some cards have the Wrong Rarity. Obviously, I don't check every card, but there are many Uncommon cards marked as Common: Akoum Refuge. Accorder Paladin, Affa Guard Hound, Air Servant, Angelic Shield, Arcane Santum...
- I can't attach 2 equipment to a single creature.
- I can attach 1 equipment and 1 Aura to a single Creature. But the IA doesn't look at the Aura. I have a Karn, Silver Golem with a Lightning Greaves + Venom and the IA continuously attack with a single creature. I block with Karn (getting 0/8) and kill his critter with the Venom trigger. I must test if it's an issue with Venom or with Equipment + Aura at the same time in a creature.
- Sometimes the IA block a single creature with 2 of them and I can't assign damage to kill which I want.
- Where can I find the alternative cubes? Pauper, EDH... I see them at the forum, but they are missing in the 1.19 version.

For last, I look for a guide to send new cards, but I can't find anyone, only the Wiki page (http://code.google.com/p/magarena/wiki/ ... ntingCards). I just end my first card. Is Lava Spike, as a Copy of Lava Axe, but adding Subtype=Arcane and changing Value to 2 (if Lightning Bolt as 3, Lava Spike must have a little less). I can't find the proposal of value, but I suppose that is an AI data.

The Java code is attached.
Must I create a .diff for cards.txt? The code to add is this:
Code: Select all
>Lava Spike
url=http://magiccards.info/chk/en/178.html
image=http://magiccards.info/scans/en/chk/178.jpg
value=2
rarity=C
type=Sorcery
subtype=Arcane
color=r
converted=1
cost={R}
timing=removal
Attachments
Lava_Spike.txt
change .txt to .java
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Gocho2

Re: Some Issues and my first Card

Postby beholder » 02 Nov 2011, 06:14

Gocho2 wrote:Some cards have the Wrong Rarity.
This was originally done to get more balanced generated decks. We are in the process of correcting all the rarities.

Gocho2 wrote:I can't attach 2 equipment to a single creature.
I have no problem attaching multiple equipments to one creature. I suspect the equipment you used gave shroud.

Gocho2 wrote:I have a Karn, Silver Golem with a Lightning Greaves + Venom and the IA continuously attack with a single creature.
I think what you saw is the result of changes that were made to speed up the AI when it has to evaluate blocking options. This can lead to situations where the AI misses some of those options and attacks because it thinks it will be successful but ends up simply killing its creature. It's hard to find a balance between a good AI and a fast AI but hopefully the next release will be closer to doing both.

Gocho2 wrote:Sometimes the IA block a single creature with 2 of them and I can't assign damage to kill which I want.
Magarena doesn't follow all the official rules because of AI speed (again). The differences are explained here.
Gocho2 wrote:Where can I find the alternative cubes? Pauper, EDH... I see them at the forum, but they are missing in the 1.19 version.
Other formats is something that we want to add but is not currently being worked on. I guess you saw some of the things that madmarcel added to his own copy of Magarena but they were never part of the standard release.

Gocho2 wrote:For last, I look for a guide to send new cards ...
Well since we don't have card scripting, only vanilla and cards with some basic keywords can be added through cards.txt. Most cards need java code and therefor can only be added and tested by compiling the source. I really think it's great you took the time to come up with the code needed to add this card, but this isn't a very efficient way to submit cards because the card is not tested and may require other changes to the code. Lava Spike for example, has the Arcana subtype which is not supported at the moment.
The best way to add cards is of course to download the source and start hacking away add it. That way you can test if a new card works properly and if the AI can use it reasonably well. Maybe you can even add different gameplay formats! :)
Hopefully one day we have card scripts and it'll be much easier for people to submit new cards but for now we're stuck with this.
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Re: Some Issues and my first Card

Postby melvin » 03 Nov 2011, 02:08

I wrote a post about how to contribute to Magarena at viewtopic.php?f=82&t=5660&p=74133#p74133
melvin
AI Programmer

Return to Magarena