It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:19

Text Size

Window Size?

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Window Size?

Postby badjedidude » 31 Mar 2012, 22:52

Help!

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this question, so I guess this section of the forum is as good as any.

Here's the problem: When I go into the Deck View screen, the bottom of the screen is cut off and I am unable to reach the "Edit Deck," or "Generate Deck" buttons on the bottom of the screen. Upsizing and downsizing the window doesn't help.

Every other window screen is sized correctly and I can see all buttons correctly. It's JUST the deck view screen that I'm having problems with.

I'm running Magarene 1.24 on ubuntu 10.04.
My screen resolution is 1366x768.
The file "general.cfg" in the Magarena folder says that the height and width of the game screen is 1273x711... at least that's what I take it to mean.

Is there anyway that I can fix this on my own? Or is there some problem with my screen resolution? I'd really like to be able to edit my own decks, but until I can reach those buttons, I just can't do anything about it. I poked around a bit, but couldn't find any built-in resolution/window size adjustment options in the "Preferences" menu.

Any assistance I could get with this is appreciated.

P.S. I added a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Last edited by Huggybaby on 01 Apr 2012, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic to Magarena forum
badjedidude

Re: Window Size?

Postby beholder » 01 Apr 2012, 06:31

Welcome to the forums badjedidude.

The Deck View screen obviously has become too crowded to be usable on a height of 768 pixels. It's something that should be solved by moving things around or making some panels optional and I'll have a look at doing just that. It's not something I look forward to because most of the UI is a mystery to me. The most easy solution however would be to add a "Edit Deck" option to the Duel menu.

These solutions won't help your current problem though as I see no way to make the 'Edit Deck' button visible with some trickery. I'm afraid that the only option left is to manually edit decks by opening the .dec file in any text editor for now.

Sorry about the inconvenience but I guess you'll have to wait till the next release that will at least have the option to edit decks in the menu and hopefully a much better solution as well.
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Postby melvin » 01 Apr 2012, 06:44

I've put together a quick hack to make the panel of deck widgets scrollable, so you can scroll down to access the buttons.

You can download the patched exe from https://magarena.ci.cloudbees.com/job/M ... garena.exe

Just replace the Magarena.exe in your Magarena directory with the patched one.
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby beholder » 01 Apr 2012, 07:13

Hooray for quick'n'dirty hacks :lol:
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
beholder
Programmer

Postby badjedidude » 01 Apr 2012, 21:07

Thanks for the help, guys! Got it working!

melvin wrote:I've put together a quick hack to make the panel of deck widgets scrollable, so you can scroll down to access the buttons.
Thanks a lot! That did the trick. I can now scroll down to the buttons I needed!

beholder wrote:The Deck View screen obviously has become too crowded to be usable on a height of 768 pixels. It's something that should be solved by moving things around or making some panels optional and I'll have a look at doing just that. It's not something I look forward to because most of the UI is a mystery to me. The most easy solution however would be to add a "Edit Deck" option to the Duel menu.
Yeah, when I was first looking around to see what I could do about this, I wondered why there wasn't an option on the Duel menu to go straight to deck editing. That'd be good.
badjedidude

Return to Magarena