It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:08

Text Size

Best software with AI

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Best software with AI

Postby Takhen » 12 Feb 2013, 21:32

I insert here my topic because MaGarena is one of my favourites

I wish to ask to you all what could be considered the best and why
A part DOTP, that is a must, my attention goes on "Can use all existing cards", "Graphic User Interface" "Simple and immediate game" "AI power"

Magarena is very simple to use, and I have not to press "go to next step" bethween every phases like others programs also when I can't do nothing.
GUI is clean and this is nice

But it doesn't have a lot of card, and this is a small disadvantage
In second point I never lost yet, so I don't know if I am only lucky or the AI is a little simple...

Other are very good
I loved Mage but with it I had a great problem with waiting time (so if I wish to create my own deck I will lose a lot of time and I can't understand why: It doesn't seem so hard talking about RAM)

Very good also Forge, although a little bit slow bethween the phases
And disadvantage is I can't play a single colour deck
But good GUI, good AI... :)

And about you? Which do you recommend? :)
Takhen

Re: Best software with AI

Postby melvin » 18 Feb 2013, 12:39

Takhen wrote:I insert here my topic because MaGarena is one of my favourites

Magarena is very simple to use, and I have not to press "go to next step" bethween every phases like others programs also when I can't do nothing.
GUI is clean and this is nice

But it doesn't have a lot of card, and this is a small disadvantage
In second point I never lost yet, so I don't know if I am only lucky or the AI is a little simple...
Thanks for your comments, Takhen. Recently I've added quite a few cards to the game, you can find the upcoming cards from https://code.google.com/p/magarena/wiki/UpcomingCards Glad that you appreciate the fast pace of gameplay with minimal clicks. If the default AI is to easy, try playing against the monte carlo AI. On the duel screen where you see your deck, you can also customize the AI difficulty level from the widget on the left.

Takhen wrote:I wish to ask to you all what could be considered the best and why
For me, I think Magarena's sweet spot is when you got 10-15 minutes of free time and you want to pick up a deck and play a couple of games against the AI. One reason for the limited card pool is we want to limit ourselves to cards that the AI can use properly.
melvin
AI Programmer

Re: Best software with AI

Postby Takhen » 03 Mar 2013, 00:43

Thank you for your answer, I will try monte carlo AI (I saw different AI, but I undersand only the definition "easy, normal, hard" :lol: )

And I will take a look to the new cards! :D
Takhen

Return to Magarena