It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:16

Text Size

Questions about card adding and testing

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Questions about card adding and testing

Postby Achros » 22 Feb 2013, 14:09

First of all congratz for the great program!!! The interface is just perfect and clean. I love it!!!

Even thou I’m not a programmer I’m trying to add some cards that I would like to see in the game (some easy to script at least :) ). The thing is that I can not find the card value in the Gatherer site. All cards that I go check are just unvoted/unrated and therefore are 5/5. So, where can I find the card value for those cards?

I created the Viridian Corrupter card as follows:

name=Viridian Corrupter
url=(the forum whont let me place the it) card #94
image=(the forum whont let me place the it) card #94
value=2
removal=1
rarity=U
type=Creature
subtype=Elf,Shaman
color=G
converted=3
cost={1}{G}{G}
pt=2/2
ability=infect,enters destroy target artifact.
timing=main

The removal script is not well explained in the wiki implementing cards. Could you please explain it?

Also I don't know how to indicate that:
"The enters-the-battlefield ability is not optional. You must target an artifact you control if there are no other artifacts on the battlefield". How can I script that?
Achros

Re: Questions about card adding and testing

Postby melvin » 23 Feb 2013, 02:15

Achros wrote:First of all congratz for the great program!!! The interface is just perfect and clean. I love it!!!
Thanks, Achros, and welcome to the forum :D

Achros wrote:Even thou I’m not a programmer I’m trying to add some cards that I would like to see in the game (some easy to script at least :) ). The thing is that I can not find the card value in the Gatherer site. All cards that I go check are just unvoted/unrated and therefore are 5/5. So, where can I find the card value for those cards?
Just put any value there, then go rank it on gatherer. Usually before each release, we'll do a mass update of all the values based on the number in gatherer.

Achros wrote:I created the Viridian Corrupter card as follows:

name=Viridian Corrupter
url=(the forum whont let me place the it) card #94
image=(the forum whont let me place the it) card #94
value=2
removal=1
rarity=U
type=Creature
subtype=Elf,Shaman
color=G
converted=3
cost={1}{G}{G}
pt=2/2
ability=infect,enters destroy target artifact.
timing=main
Looks good, the color and converted property can be left out, the program will deduced it from the mana cost. You can attached the script to your post or mail it to our mailing list, magarena@googlegroups.com

Archos wrote:The removal script is not well explained in the wiki implementing cards. Could you please explain it?
Thanks for pointing it out. I've updated the wiki page and added the following:

removal: Bonus to value for removal/direct damage effect, ranges from 1 to 5. For example, Vindicate (Destroy target permanent) has removal=5, while Lightning Bolt has removal=3.

Archos wrote:Also I don't know how to indicate that:
"The enters-the-battlefield ability is not optional. You must target an artifact you control if there are no other artifacts on the battlefield". How can I script that?
No need to, it is always mandatory, actually there is no way to script an optional enters-the-battlefield effect. There is a bug in versions <= 1.34 where the AI (but not the player) is able to avoid targeting its own permanents. This is fixed in the upcoming 1.35 release.
melvin
AI Programmer

Return to Magarena