It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 03:58

Text Size

LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

Postby Draggamor » 21 Mar 2017, 00:47

Hi everyone,

As had been said, I come here on occasion looking for new patches/versions for either Manalink or Shandalar, less times than I wish I could come.

I've tried to help this community and the game it stands for for as best I can, again, less than I wish I should.

This time, I reply to this topic once more in hopes that it will do any good, or at least to show my sympathy and gratitude, to all the developers but especially to Korath, that brought me and many others, hundreds of joyful hours.

As far as my knowledge on legal advice goes, and I might add that it's not one of an expert legal advisor, and additionally, even not knowing the whole story about this story than what I read here, as long as there's no profit of any kind in whatsoever manner resulting from what this community's developers creates, I guess there will be no reason to fear retaliations from WotC.
Draggamor

Postby VladVoivode » 21 Mar 2017, 19:45

I love Manalink and check everyday for a new patch. I am angered that the devs and in particular Korath were attacked and I am deeply saddened that it seems like Manalink's future is uncertain. While I would be disappointed, I would also understand if Korath, drool, and the other devs would decide to discontinue Manalink. I would rather play the games I have in the knowledge that these folks are no longer being targeted.

I play Manalink, Forge, Magarena, and until it went silent, BotArena. And I want to thank the devs from ALL of these games for uncounted hours of sheer joy!
VladVoivode

Postby dingbat1 » 22 Mar 2017, 12:03

Draggamor wrote:As far as my knowledge on legal advice goes, and I might add that it's not one of an expert legal advisor, and additionally, even not knowing the whole story about this story than what I read here, as long as there's no profit of any kind in whatsoever manner resulting from what this community's developers creates, I guess there will be no reason to fear retaliations from WotC.
If anyone working on Manalink or Shandalar ever needs it, I'll be happy to provide free legal services / legal advise. (attorney licensed in 3 states)
dingbat1

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 25 Mar 2017, 11:15

That's cool to offer that, although not sure how much actual billable time you could offer, certainly advice is good.
From what it looks like though...
I'm not sure if any more work is going to go into Duels anymore. MAYBE some more work on manalink, but...
The reason I say that is I got the patch for Kaladesh, but there's dreadfully few cards in the set that can be used in the actual game.
It looks like they were able to include a few cards that used the energy mechanic, although I haven't played with those yet, most of them are not in very much. (not even sure how the AI could handle the use of the energy mechanic) And there are NO vehicles in game, even though it seems like a fairly easy mechanic to incorporate, (tap mechanic, need X power, artifact becomes creature through same mechanic that Mishra's factory uses)

But at this point it feels like most of the dev people have moved onto forge and X mage.
It's a real shame, this game has a ton of potential, but being a win95 game, it's also buggy as hell. That the dev people here have managed to stabalize it and get it to work in win7 and up is nothing short of a miracle. Would that Korath would have kept working on it and worked out the spell stack issue would have likely solved a LOT of problems.
I would still like to see more options or releases of the game based on different blocks.
The 2010 version is actually great as it uses only the original cards, but has cards in manalink dating up to 2010. That would be great to see and use in the actual game, along with an option to only play certain blocks, although it would require revamping all the enemies to only have decks from specific block zones. Although I'm sure people would be more then happy to build decks around various restrictions. Actually one needs to understand how the AI works to build a deck so it doesn't get stupid with itself. Also if the AI could be made to be a little more aggressive that would be interesting.
(a 1/1 holding off a horde of wolves because the AI doesn't want to let even one wolf get killed)

I'm hoping we're not seeing the end of Duels, especially with the more then interesting upcoming set, but... *shrug*
Friendsofsandwiches

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Mar 2017, 11:41

dingbat1 wrote:If anyone working on Manalink or Shandalar ever needs it, I'll be happy to provide free legal services / legal advise. (attorney licensed in 3 states)
Thanks for the offer dingbat1.Maybe Korath could consult you on possible or actual legal issues if he hasn't asked an attorney, yet.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Althuna » 30 Oct 2017, 12:48

So has anything happened? More than half a year since all the drama. Can the game continue or is it dead forever?
Althuna

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Nov 2017, 15:49

All I know is that Gargaroz said that he may have time to work on this in winter so we may have an update for public at late winter.

This topic has run it's source and objective and now gets closed.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Previous

Return to Patches