It is currently 08 Aug 2020, 20:27
   
Text Size

Test build updated till January 12/2020

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, stassy, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, CCGHQ Admins

Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Jan 2020, 13:32

This a test build, not a regular update and suffers from more issues than an update.
To anyone that wants to help playing, testing, debugging latest Manlink.3.0 changes this is a test Manalink3.0 build not a regular update. It is updated till Blizzard Specter in commit 0362fcdf.

We need help to fix as many bugs as possible and with more people playing, testing and reporting the bugs the faster will get there.

People that contributed to make this possible are our two devs gargaroz and Korath, drool66, and all moderators and bughunters that were active since last update and/or that awful, disastrous day....
People to blame for this test build just me. ;)

NEGATIVES:
- BEWARE THAT THIS VERSION HAS MORE BUGS THAN USUAL updates had (this test build may not be compatible with those that have fate reforge update although couple of people said they had no issues)it is compatible. The main reason it has more bugs it is that a lot, lot of cards were rewritten to use new and better functions but were not tested and so suffer from bugs.

- I am not able to pack all the necessary files for you (or me)so that you can have art and beckbuilder new features be fully updated till now with all the artwork (that have been made since September 2017).
You will have an annoying bug that I have too, about a cardartfile every time you begin your first duel and few more seconds to start the game because I wasn't able to figure out how to compile cardartlib.dll because it needs a library that I haven't find a way how to insert to be recognized by the compiler. It doesn't affect gameplay, though.

POSITIVES:
- People that were stuck with my fate reforged full installation can now have also the removed updates + new changes.
- This build like EMNV2 deals better with windows 10 issues.
- Everyone can use cards never available before in manalink3.0 mainly from Commander 2016 and Kaladesh and few others from older sets.
- Fixes of bugs that emnv2 and fate reforge suffered from.
- New Deck builder buttons.
- Snow basic lands for some that loved that era.

READ VERY CAREFULLY:
1- In order not to destroy your emnv2 version in case something goes wrong and be still able to use emnv2 version make a copy of your magic directory paste it in another directory.
2- If you think you might ever have any interest at all in compiling this yourself, delete your existing src/ directory.
3- and then apply this patch over in the usual way overwriting everything when asked.
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d619mk5r2 ... 0.rar/file
Any installation bugs have to be reported here as usual but all other bugs in the bug forum.

The card artwork corner by drool66:
Incremental update (over EMNv2 - overwrite existing files): https://www.mediafire.com/file/rz0s7255 ... 0.zip/file
Cumulative Update: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ba4zkkfa ... 0.zip/file


Help and enjoy this, and please don't forget to post the bugs you find in the bug reports forum.
Last edited by drool66 on 17 Mar 2020, 20:30, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: add links for card art by drool66-last edit was snow "basic" lands
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
User avatar
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite
 
Posts: 7157
Joined: 13 May 2010, 12:17
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby gnomefry » 22 Jan 2020, 18:32

What wonderful news!

Catching up on forum posts I can't help but notice your enduring effort, helpfulness and dedication to this project. Going back years and years. Thank you, Aswan Jaguar.
User avatar
gnomefry
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Dec 2018, 00:44
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby Sariah of the Dimir » 28 Jan 2020, 20:53

Thank you so much for making this available!
I truly appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that has gone into updating this game over the years.
I'll definitely check this update out.
When she flies above the good, they consider themselves blessed. When she flies over the wicked, they consider themselves dead.
User avatar
Sariah of the Dimir
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jan 2020, 20:26
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby panthernoble » 08 Feb 2020, 14:11

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but I've been following the work for years. Amazing what they did with this game!

I would like to help codify new cards and perhaps in Shandalar. I work with software development (not games!) But if I could help. :)

The tutorial on wiki site still working?

Thanks!
User avatar
panthernoble
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Feb 2020, 13:54
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Feb 2020, 14:48

panthernoble wrote:I would like to help codify new cards and perhaps in Shandalar.
Nice to hear you want to help. We will be very happy to get help for Manalink and I can help you as much as I can so you can establish working coding environment for it. For Manalink the source code for cards and functions in C is in the src file provided with this patch. The rest of code is in Magic.exe which is coded in ASM.
For Shandalar though the source code is not available and only Korath can give you access to that.
panthernoble wrote:The tutorial on wiki site still working?
Most of it is not correct. drool66 was about to start a post the last few days about what is needed to establish a development environment for manalink and me assist in that but drool66 is probably busy at the moment.
Korath wrote:Bog-standard mingw development environment will do it, either under msys or cygwin. (I use cygwin, but can't recommend it unless you're looking for a full unix environment under windows anyway.) The previous recommendation was to use camelbox, but that only includes enough of a dev environment to compile xs modules and most of its C toolchain is many, many years out of date.
I am using a windows IDE, Dev-C++ with ming compiler mingw GCC 4.8.1 compiler and I am able to compile Manalinkeh.dll(where cards and abilities functions code is). Bare in mind that newer series of ming compilers don't compile I think only 4 and 5 series do compile.)
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
User avatar
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite
 
Posts: 7157
Joined: 13 May 2010, 12:17
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby panthernoble » 08 Feb 2020, 17:19

Thanks!

I see what i can do! :D
User avatar
panthernoble
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Feb 2020, 13:54
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby promisedend » 15 Feb 2020, 21:45

Thank you so much. This version is working about as well as any other release was. Great to be able to run this on a windows10, I had figured there was no hope for me ever playing this on the new computer.
promisedend
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 Feb 2020, 21:38
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby Althuna » 16 Feb 2020, 19:25

Did the guy who was threatening stop being a problem?
Althuna
 
Posts: 438
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 00:23
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby MaraxusOfFishes » 11 Apr 2020, 11:56

Aswan jaguar wrote:
panthernoble wrote:I would like to help codify new cards and perhaps in Shandalar.
Nice to hear you want to help. We will be very happy to get help for Manalink and I can help you as much as I can so you can establish working coding environment for it. For Manalink the source code for cards and functions in C is in the src file provided with this patch. The rest of code is in Magic.exe which is coded in ASM.
For Shandalar though the source code is not available and only Korath can give you access to that.
panthernoble wrote:The tutorial on wiki site still working?
Most of it is not correct. drool66 was about to start a post the last few days about what is needed to establish a development environment for manalink and me assist in that but drool66 is probably busy at the moment.
Korath wrote:Bog-standard mingw development environment will do it, either under msys or cygwin. (I use cygwin, but can't recommend it unless you're looking for a full unix environment under windows anyway.) The previous recommendation was to use camelbox, but that only includes enough of a dev environment to compile xs modules and most of its C toolchain is many, many years out of date.
I am using a windows IDE, Dev-C++ with ming compiler mingw GCC 4.8.1 compiler and I am able to compile Manalinkeh.dll(where cards and abilities functions code is). Bare in mind that newer series of ming compilers don't compile I think only 4 and 5 series do compile.)
Hi. About Shandalar code, why only korath has the source? did someone else tried to decompile it?
How come magic.exe source is available but not Shandalar.exe?

Thanks.
MaraxusOfFishes
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 17:27
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Test build updated till January 12/2020

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Apr 2020, 12:38

MaraxusOfFishes wrote:Hi. About Shandalar code, why only korath has the source? did someone else tried to decompile it?
How come magic.exe source is available but not Shandalar.exe?
Well Korath has made all the work to shandalar source and modified shandalar.exe and all the decompilation needed and he doesn't want to provide any of his work, as he did in the past after that attack made to him. In contrast magic.exe source and manalink is a project many people have worked and still do that's why it is available.
I can't speak for Korath of course but if you get interested enough to work on Manalink, make a working development environment which wasn't easy for some people to do maybe when he is back (he is not around the last few months) will be willing to share his code.

There have been some small pieces of code decompiled in the past by per and recently by one other member from original shandalar.exe but that's it more or less.

Edit: Not in this one but in the latest update from a mistake there may be some files missing to be able to compile successfully manalinkeh.dll if anyone meets issues please say so, drool66 possibly can compile without them but I couldn't (different os and environments?).
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
User avatar
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite
 
Posts: 7157
Joined: 13 May 2010, 12:17
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 321 times


Return to Patches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1371 on 09 Feb 2020, 16:22

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login Form