It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:57

Text Size

Manalink Update April 8 2009 - Final Update

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink Update April 8 2009 - Final Update

Postby 0rion79 » 11 Apr 2009, 06:39

But here we are not posting any new request! I'm just asking what's going on now! :)
0rion79

Postby Dominixux » 11 Apr 2009, 13:22

jatill wrote:I've been playing a Shrine deck, and haven't seen anything. Can you be specific, and post to the bugs thread?
If you play with "A Shrine" and your opponent plays with "A Shrine":
1. Sometimes enchantments disappear even if land is tapped, even if opponent didn't play any of the legendary enchantments (especially Plateau, if it is tapped for R mana, red enchantment is destroyed. It is same if land is tapped for W mana).
2. If your opponent has Honden of Night's Reach, you will also discard cards in your upkeep for each shrine in play (your and opponent).
Other shrine works great. (Never try to trigger Honden of Seeing Winds before you discarded cards with opponent's Honden of Night's Reach, because you will discard cards every time you draw a card with Honden of Seeing Winds).

These are bugs I have on XP. On Vista, mentioned bugs don't appear, yet. :)

Jatill, thank you for Brainstorm. It works perfectly. :)
Dominixux

Postby 0rion79 » 12 Apr 2009, 11:32

Hello, I post here the details of my upload because it is an add-on / update to Jatill's latest patch that enhances the deck editor and gaming experience without adding any new card.
This is the download link: http://www.savefile.com/files/2049723

As usual, I've updated all of the creatures abilities for the filters in the deck editor.
Among the "wrong ones":
Ashenmoor Gouger had Flying
Goblin lore gives landwalk (lol!)
Nightscape familiar has landwalk instead than "regenerates"
And many were totally missing.

Also, have fixed minor entries and leftovers from previous versions (from everybody), and have filled a lot of missing entries about "until end of turn" effects. I'm sure that you will appreciate them while playing.

Also, all Jatill's cards are now playable in sealed deck and have also updated the menu.text file, replacing old and wrong abilty names (as "free action") with the right names (vigilance).

Last but not least, for the ones of you that have troubles like me in dealing with all those new lands, I've used a little cheat to keep them in order: you will find them in the "Alternative lands filter" folder. IMHO, it is a good solution as long as we can develop more card sets in the deck editor as Mok did with 8th edition.

Hope that you will like it and my best compliments again to Jatill for his great, great work! =D>

PS: good Easter for the ones that celebrate it today
0rion79

Postby Revan » 12 Apr 2009, 19:08

Last but not least, for the ones of you that have troubles like me in dealing with all those new lands, I've used a little cheat to keep them in order: you will find them in the "Alternative lands filter" folder. IMHO, it is a good solution as long as we can develop more card sets in the deck editor as Mok did with 8th edition.
Although I had no problems dealing with the new lands, I like the alternate way of filtering them, it makes deck construction quicker and it looks and feels better in that order. But could you also cluster the old cycles (basics, original duals etc.)?

That would make it look more a whole thing rather then a lossely made collection and would in my eyes improve deckbuilding.
Revan

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Apr 2009, 06:37

Revan wrote:Although I had no problems dealing with the new lands, I like the alternate way of filtering them, it makes deck construction quicker and it looks and feels better in that order. But could you also cluster the old cycles (basics, original duals etc.)?.
Yes, of course that I could, but I did not because I didn't feel the need.
Differently from other non-basic lands coded by Jatill, the other ones can be quickly selected and separated by other lands using original game filters.
Eg, did you know that, if you right-click on the basic set, you can hide "revised" and "4th edition" by the deck editor, in order to obtain only original lands? And did you know that, if you select REVISED only, you will get only original dual lands, without even basic lands? :)

Anyway, if you have CSV2DAT, you can customize your CSV file by yourself renaming the dual lands in the first column. Use Excell automatic filter to isolate land cards and you will see how I did it. :)
0rion79

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 12:50

Orion-
What is the alternate land filter? I don't really use filters, so I didn't play around trying to find out.

Also, what changes do you make to menus.txt?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Apr 2009, 13:25

Hi Jatil,

answering your questions,
1) The alternative land filters is a "creative cheat" to have all of your new lands grouped by card ability. I have simply renamed the lands in the CSV by groups, so that they will stay all together in the deck editor.
Eg, all Fallen Empires lands that can be sacrificed for 2 manas are tagged as "F.E. - <card name>" (example "F.E. - Ruins of Trokair"); the artifac lands are named "A.L. - <card name>" and so on, so they will be closer and it will be easier to recognize them because they are in logical order.

2) About the menu, I have just changed 3 words. If you open the deck builder, there is a filter to select creatures by standard ability (flying, banding ecc...). Even if I have not found a way to add new abilities as Shroud or Shadow, the old filtering system used "wrong" names for card abilities, so I have renamed "free action", "web" and "quick draw" into "vigilance", "reach" and "haste", as the official rules name them. It is just an aesthetic change, that does not alter the substance :)

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 18:27

Orion-
What the ...? I just noticed that the csv you updated didn't include any of the csv changes I had added in my last few releases. (ex: making Tundra a Plains Island). How did that slip through the cracks?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Apr 2009, 06:56

I don't know, really! I have got your latest released and then applied the changes that I have told you.
If you have released your latest fixes to CSV in the latest hours, it is possibile that we did it at the same time, more or less: that's why. Anyway, don't worry. About the CSV, it is a qick matter of copy & paste, but now that holydays are next to expire, it will take me some more time.
Just to know, may I know what have you changed? It is important to recognize the faster way to merge both additions.
0rion79

Previous

Return to Patches