It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:28

Text Size

Manalink Update April 17 2009 - Bug Fixes

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink Update April 17 2009 - Bug Fixes

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 17:12

This will never be a major update, since I'm only doing bug fixes now. But since it'll be the most recent version for a while, it should probably replace the 'Final Update' thread. I'm going to keep updating this thread as I make changes instead of waiting and putting out a bunch of changes at once. Feel free to NOT download this constantly :)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

Bugs that were previously fixed, but are still listed in the bug thread:
-Tinker asks to pay the cost of the target artifact we choose in our library. If you cancel, the artifact goes to the graveyard.
-Chromatic Sphere / Star do not check summon sickness when animated
-Reveal when CITP creatures ask for far more mana then they should when you can't reveal.

Bugs fixed:
-Change Noble Hierarch power/toughness to 0/1
-Fix Tooth and Nail bugs (can now put cards searched into play)
-Spirit of the Night is now only First Strike when attacking
-Add 'cancel' option to nonbasic lands
Last edited by jatill on 17 Apr 2009, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Manalink Update April 13 2009 - Bug Fixes

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Apr 2009, 07:23

Jatill, is this one the version where you have edited the CSV file too?
If so, it is more recent than my one by a couple of hours... :D If you point me your changes, I will glady merge both "patches" together and then send the file to you.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 14 Apr 2009, 12:04

The version I released on 4/8 had updated the land types for dual lands, as well as some other changes. I'm not sure of all of them.
Here's the link to that distribution. So can you re-apply your changes to this? The only change I made since then was making Noble Hierarch a 0/1, and updating the rules text for Spirit of the Knight.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2076814
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 14 Apr 2009, 17:29

Okay, so for this revision I completely rewrote tutoring. Except I had some parts left over that I didn't know what they did, so I threw them out. So if you notice bugs with these cards, let me know ASAP. Worst case, I can roll back the old fetchlands.

Bugs Fixed:
-Farseek
-Goblin tutor (now tutors for Goblin Tutor)
-Fetchlands (made easier to use... maybe they work on Vista now? someone let me know either way)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Wally » 14 Apr 2009, 22:53

jatill wrote:http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

-Fetchlands (made easier to use... maybe they work on Vista now? someone let me know either way)
Confirmed, fetchlands now work on Vista. Woot! =D> Great work!
Wally

Postby franjoal » 15 Apr 2009, 15:16

Jatill, the card Wayfarer's Bauble does not work in Windows Vista. The same thing happens that with the Fetchlands.

Certainly do you know when you are going to put the images of the Goblin Tutor and the Thoughts of Ruins, that is not seen?

The Card Pattern of Rebirth has a bug that does that instead of leaving myself to put a creature in game leaves me to put more of one.

Regards and thanks for continuing doing this game every better day.
franjoal

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 17:00

Bugs fixed:
-Glimpse the Unthinkable - reenabled and working
-Signets- reverted to original code. Can anyone remind me what the problem with them is? The AI wouldn't use the updated versions.
-Goblin Lackey et all - modify code for triggering inappropriately
-Force of Will - AI was removing Force to pay for itself. No more.
-Disable Orzhiv Basillica
-Gerrard's Verdict - gains life right
-Arcbound Worker - fixed all modular bugs
-Oversold cemetery - No longer legendary
-Blastoderm, Aether Vial, Dark Depths - update counters code to actually display counters
-Aether Vial - Fix a couple timing issues.

Incidentally, while fixing that Force of Will bug, I discovered how to do uncounterable.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 15 Apr 2009, 18:23

Well; then, all in all this seems like a really good bug fix update then :)

I'm really glad you discovered how to display counters - do you have any clue about the ability symbols ? (so we could display the shroud symbol, and i can do shadow :) )
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 18:49

mathusalem wrote:Well; then, all in all this seems like a really good bug fix update then :)

I'm really glad you discovered how to display counters - do you have any clue about the ability symbols ? (so we could display the shroud symbol, and i can do shadow :) )
No idea on those, still. Also, as for counters, they still display like +1/+1 counters, just don't act like them. I'd like to figure out how to show them like Armegeddon Clock counters instead, but that's a really minor thing.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Apr 2009, 19:11

jatill wrote:The version I released on 4/8 had updated the land types for dual lands, as well as some other changes. I'm not sure of all of them.
Here's the link to that distribution. So can you re-apply your changes to this? The only change I made since then was making Noble Hierarch a 0/1, and updating the rules text for Spirit of the Knight.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2076814
Ok, Jatill: I've used the file that you've told me and I've re-uploaded the files right now. Hope that everything is fine now. I've re-included the menu.txt file for a more comfortable download (no new changes) and the CSV file in both versions (standard and alternative lands filter). I think that, this time, it is all ok because I've seen that you've given proper ID numbers to multilands (plateau = plain + mountain ecc.).
I re-post the link but it is still the same: http://www.savefile.com/files/2049723
0rion79

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 19:22

0rion79 wrote:Ok, Jatill: I've used the file that you've told me and I've re-uploaded the files right now. Hope that everything is fine now. I've re-included the menu.txt file for a more comfortable download (no new changes) and the CSV file in both versions (standard and alternative lands filter). I think that, this time, it is all ok because I've seen that you've given proper ID numbers to multilands (plateau = plain + mountain ecc.).
I re-post the link but it is still the same: http://www.savefile.com/files/2049723
Okay. This is obviously missing my most recent changes, like turning Glimpse back on, but I'll redo those changes. They're small enough. I'll include your update in my next release. Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Apr 2009, 19:28

Ok, thank you for cooperation too!
PS: try to add changes to both CSV versions: with excell it is a very quick matter.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 19:35

0rion79 wrote:Ok, thank you for cooperation too!
PS: try to add changes to both CSV versions: with excell it is a very quick matter.
How would you go about doing the changes in excel to make it quick? It still seems like an irritating search and replace for each card to me.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Apr 2009, 19:47

really? :shock:
When I have to search for a card, I highline only column B and then use CTRL+SHIFT+T, so that the program won't search the key-word in other columns.
Also, I abuse of Automatic Filters function: highline line n°1 and then go on the righ of Excell taskbar, looking for "data", then "filters" then "automatic filters". A lot of arrows will appear on each of the columns that you have selected: from here, you have to select sub-option left-clicking on them.
It is very useful when it comes the time to separate cards, especially with "personalized" option.

You have to forgive me for names, but I have an italian version so I don't know how names may be in english!
if you have other questions, feel free to ask!
Good night!
0rion79

Postby Wally » 15 Apr 2009, 23:02

franjoal wrote:Jatill, the card Wayfarer's Bauble does not work in Windows Vista. The same thing happens that with the Fetchlands.
Confirmed. Wayfarer's Bauble locks up the game in Vista in same way the fetchlands used to (hangs the game not crashes it). Maybe needs the same fix as the fetchlands (which now work great)
Wally

Next

Return to Patches