It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:27

Text Size

Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

Postby stassy » 01 Dec 2013, 17:42

Open your Duel.dat file with a text editor and modify this line :

ForceFrame=

to

ForceFrame=Modern

stassy

Postby gmzombie » 01 Dec 2013, 19:17

Gilber wrote:from heart of my heart thank you so much for this great update
you are amazing,God bless you guys

important question: i got a different frames for different cards and this is a huge problem to me because it's disface the game to me.
so,would any one please tell me How can i only use The Old (please take attention NOT NEW)The Old modern frames ??? (like modern frames in 2013 september manalink update)(like modern frames in onslaught of awesomeness update).
and any help from great guys like you is appretiated
thank you again and peace out
technically those are not old Modern frames those are old original frames with a modern color background. i believe you can do what stassy said but use the term Classic though this is what the game originally used just with better pic files now. though i thought everybody wanted the game to look like the real card was intended to be but i know from a personal standpoint that older systems wont handle it well and slow the game down.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 03 Dec 2013, 06:50

I noticed something about the frame border : the black border is extended for some cards, especially Planeswalkers, is it intended?

stassy

Postby RanDomino » 03 Dec 2013, 07:50

I just want to say that I love the new way Fact or Fiction works.
RanDomino

Postby gmzombie » 03 Dec 2013, 12:45

Yes Stash It Is Intended As That Is How They Look On Paper.. Just Missing The Loyality Arrows And They Will Lookl perfect

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Korath » 04 Dec 2013, 10:49

gmzombie wrote:though i thought everybody wanted the game to look like the real card was intended to be
Yeah. People should be more careful what they wish for.

Anyway, here's a modern frameset without the title and type bars. It has the same elements as the previous version, but different sourcing for the artwork since I didn't feel up to retweaking all the positioning yet again. The background elements are the same as for the token frameset; the borders and textboxes are edited from the current modern frameset's.
To install:
  • Unzip in your base Manalink/Program dir; it'll make a new subdirectory Cardart/bannerless.
  • Change the line in [FramesModern] section in DuelArt\Duel.dat from "FrameBaseDir=modern" to "FrameBaseDir=bannerless".
  • Remove or comment out the lines in the [FullCardModern] section setting TitleColor, TitleShadowColor, TypeColor, and TypeShadowColor, so they're white again instead of black.
If you want classic and planeeswalker and token and timeshifted and futureshifted cards to use those frames too, set [Expansions]ForceFrame=modern.

If you want bannerless versions of the planeswalker and token and timeshifted and futureshifted cards, or the Nyx overlays redone, you're on your own.
Attachments
bannerless.zip
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 413 times
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby HarlequinCasts » 04 Dec 2013, 20:09

So far I've been using ForceFrame=Classic because its the one setting that I still find more or less viewable, though I miss having the grey instead of brown artifacts.

I tried applying your latest fix Korath but I think the problem I'm having is not with the full art cards (which look great) but rather with what's in my hand (the small cards?).

For example if I force my frame to be modern, it just seems like a mess of white text on light backgrounds and its never really obvious at a glance what's in my hand. If I force it to be Classic its a lot better in hand.

Just wanted to chime in about the small cards and see if there is anyway I can improve those. See screenshots.
Attachments
manalink force modern.png
Modern
manalink force classic.png
Classic
HarlequinCasts

Postby Korath » 04 Dec 2013, 20:35

(Yes, those are smallcards. And the text is readable to me, but that's probably because of different monitor contrast settings.)

A lot of the problem is that the smallcard title text can't change between frame types, or else I'd have made the modern, planeswalker, and most of the futureshifted titles black.

If that screenshot's with the new bannerless frames as you imply, it's not displaying them. You need to change the FrameBaseDir in the [FramesModern] section, not the one in the [Frames] section.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby jl415 » 04 Dec 2013, 22:53

I want to report a bug but I noticed the bug forum is not being used recently so I thought I would flag this here instead, for visibility sake.

Green card Wellwisher - elf creature with which you can tap to add 1 life for each elf on the battlefield - the effect is only activated if you have at least 1 green mana spare when none is required.

Green card Wirewood Symbiote - creature which lets you return 1 of your elf creatures to your hand to untap a creature - the effect bounces the elf creature but does not untap the creature you selected-

If more info is required please let me know, or the correct location. Easily tested.

Apologies for the hassle!
jl415

Postby HarlequinCasts » 04 Dec 2013, 23:22

Korath wrote:If that screenshot's with the new bannerless frames as you imply, it's not displaying them. You need to change the FrameBaseDir in the [FramesModern] section, not the one in the [Frames] section.
No sorry what I meant was I had tried the bannerless but reverted to show modern vs classic for myself.
HarlequinCasts

Postby HarlequinCasts » 04 Dec 2013, 23:23

jl415 wrote:I want to report a bug but I noticed the bug forum is not being used recently so I thought I would flag this here instead, for visibility sake.
The bug forum is used constantly. You should report it there. We have a very detailed reporting and archiving system so use the format and make a new thread there.

Specifically HERE if you were perhaps going somewhere else.
HarlequinCasts

Postby jl415 » 04 Dec 2013, 23:41

HarlequinCasts wrote:
jl415 wrote:I want to report a bug but I noticed the bug forum is not being used recently so I thought I would flag this here instead, for visibility sake.
The bug forum is used constantly. You should report it there. We have a very detailed reporting and archiving system so use the format and make a new thread there.

Specifically HERE if you were perhaps going somewhere else.
I was in the right place but the last bug reported dates back to October hence my suspicion. I'll try to report it there then.
jl415

Postby gmzombie » 05 Dec 2013, 00:34

i guess if you force modern you can change the color of the small card text to black. which would match modern borders. though the classic names would be hard to read on black cards..which if you dont use old cards persay you could get away with it. if you do then you could just copy the borderless modern card art to the modern folder and then force modern card frame.

gmzombie

Postby RanDomino » 05 Dec 2013, 01:30

jl415 wrote:I was in the right place but the last bug reported dates back to October hence my suspicion. I'll try to report it there then.
The top few items are stickied. If you look down a few posts they get current.
RanDomino

Postby BAgate » 07 Dec 2013, 02:53

Korath, I just want to say thanks for your tireless work. And for putting up with all the petty criticism from us (and even more for responding to it). I haven't figured out the happy medium on card appearance yet, but your efforts and advice have made a vast improvement.

And this applies to the rest of the development team as well. You guys are all great!
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Patches