It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:03

Text Size

Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

Postby gmzombie » 07 Dec 2013, 18:33

i agree with BAgate thanks to Korath for this great effort for the petty stuff. But lets not forget to thank Gargoroz, Sonic, and foolsolpher for all of their efforts and programming skills as well. Without you guys there would be no Updates and for that im grateful. And of course we cant forget the bug hunters and testers because without you they wouldnt know what was broken.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby jl415 » 07 Dec 2013, 19:56

I thank everyone involved (there, a politically correct thank you) for the sheer hours of joy I have been having with the game.

Who said old games cannot be adapted to cope with recent updates :P
jl415

Postby 0rion79 » 08 Dec 2013, 11:08

Hi pals, when for V2? the in-game EDH allowed cards list is totally messed up.
0rion79

Postby stassy » 08 Dec 2013, 19:09

There was no game breaking issue found so far so I don't think there will be a v2 soon (usually if no major bug is found within the week release => no v2)
stassy

Postby HarlequinCasts » 08 Dec 2013, 21:35

I'd love to just be able to use the draft button again :D
HarlequinCasts

Postby Korath » 08 Dec 2013, 22:02

Is it just the "Draft" radio button on the intro screen that doesn't work? That is, if you add a ***Draft card to a deck and play with that, does it work properly?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby HarlequinCasts » 09 Dec 2013, 01:48

Korath wrote:Is it just the "Draft" radio button on the intro screen that doesn't work? That is, if you add a ***Draft card to a deck and play with that, does it work properly?
It never works with just the radio button.

It randomly works if I have a draft card in my deck only. For example in the attached pic you can see I even have the draft card in my opening hand and a draft did not fire.

Its either random or somehow related to who wins the toss etc but it seems random.

If I select draft card decks for both myself and the AI I believe it always works. But I think we should consider that a workaround and not a fix. Mostly because I don't think new players will ever discover drafting if its that complicated. Especially since the single click button approach was working beautifully just last patch! :D

EDIT: I figured devs were already all over this, but if the cause is still unknown should I create a real bug report to move conversation there? I guess not a lot of people draft but for me its my favorite way to kill time and test cards.
Attachments
manalink draft.png
HarlequinCasts

Postby Korath » 09 Dec 2013, 02:16

Drawing these modify-the-game special cards in your opening hand usually seems to make them not work. And they probably won't work either if nothing puts a Rules Engine card in play.

I'll try to figure out what I did to break the dialog.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby HarlequinCasts » 09 Dec 2013, 02:37

Korath wrote:Drawing these modify-the-game special cards in your opening hand usually seems to make them not work. And they probably won't work either if nothing puts a Rules Engine card in play.

I'll try to figure out what I did to break the dialog.
2 decks of 39 forests and 1 draft card seem to always work. I dont think that puts a rules card into play.
HarlequinCasts

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Dec 2013, 05:51

I already told that Draft (through Draft card in deck) works for me.I do have a simple deck,too with a draft card.I did have another draft deck more complicated cards that didn't load draft.Maybe as HarlequinCasts says if the engine card doesn't get loaded draft is ok,it makes sense.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 10 Dec 2013, 16:51

Not sure how it managed to work the way it was before, but it's fixed now. Also won't require manual updating for new sets, besides the additions to Menu.txt that already need to be done so they show up in the deckbuilder.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 Dec 2013, 16:56

Thanks,Korath Draft is my favourite way to play and test,too.And making it need
no manual updating for new sets is great. =D>
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gilber » 16 Dec 2013, 11:21

Oh My God, the bannerless frames are working, The beauty is back again.
The bannerless frames(bannerless modern frames)are amazing because they are too much like the old modern frames and that's why they are awesome.
I really thought that i will never play this game again just because the ugly new modern frames but now the game is back to basics and that's the right track.
so,special thanks to Korath (Gargoroz, Sonic,foolsolpherand,bug hunters and all guys behind the scenes who keep this game alive and better) for answer my question (i really appreciate that so much) and thank you very much for rescue the game from the horroble disface that the new modern frames have done to this great game.
Great gob =D> =D> =D>
stassy and gmzombie thank you so much too for reply to me (i really appreciate that too)

and i'm sorry about the meanningless words(like eeeffg) that i posted in two days ago but the stupid electricity cut off when i start writing

important question: AEtherling,AEtherplasm,AEther charge,juzam djinn photos are missing
so,would any one please upload them ???
and i will be greatful for any help i get from great guys like you
God bless you all guys [-o<
thank you again and Salam (pease out).
Gilber

Postby Sonic » 20 Dec 2013, 01:53

Gilber wrote:Oh My God, the bannerless frames are working, The beauty is back again.
The bannerless frames(bannerless modern frames)are amazing because they are too much like the old modern frames and that's why they are awesome.
I really thought that i will never play this game again just because the ugly new modern frames but now the game is back to basics and that's the right track.
so,special thanks to Korath (Gargoroz, Sonic,foolsolpherand,bug hunters and all guys behind the scenes who keep this game alive and better) for answer my question (i really appreciate that so much) and thank you very much for rescue the game from the horroble disface that the new modern frames have done to this great game.
Great gob =D> =D> =D>
stassy and gmzombie thank you so much too for reply to me (i really appreciate that too)

and i'm sorry about the meanningless words(like eeeffg) that i posted in two days ago but the stupid electricity cut off when i start writing

important question: AEtherling,AEtherplasm,AEther charge,juzam djinn photos are missing
so,would any one please upload them ???
and i will be greatful for any help i get from great guys like you
God bless you all guys [-o<
thank you again and Salam (pease out).
Glad to see someone is happy. Looks like I'll have to keep the bannerless modern frames after all.

As to the missing artwork. If your game install is up to date you should have 11505 jpg files in the CardArtManalink folder - any less and you have some missing.

Although, I suspect it maybe that you need to alter your OS Regional Language settings to 'English', to account for some of the non-english characters in some of the card file names. The game won't load these pictures without an English character code page installed.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 20 Dec 2013, 02:04

The Theros card art has now been updated to HQ pics... well most of it.
The two remaining LQ images still not available are the Harpy token and Elspeth, Sun's Champion Emblem. These, I suspect, maybe sometime in coming, but will be updated as soon as they become available.

Download link as in first post:

CardArtManalink_Nov2013 – http://www.mediafire.com/download/9td9d737h1c3g7k
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Patches