It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 00:41

Text Size

Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 16/11/2013 : Portals to Theros

Postby Gargaroz » 17 Nov 2013, 17:14

gmzombie wrote:What do u mean adding things from golden years mod?
Well, when I originally made the "Golden Years" mod (aka the best from Homelands to Urza's Saga), we were still locked to the 2000 cards limit, so even using the custom versions, I was forced to cut more than I wanted. There is still a bunch of cards that could be inserted for the sake of the completion and to have a better limited with older sets. Plus, many things that I wasn't able to code at time.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Korath » 17 Nov 2013, 18:41

HarlequinCasts wrote:I copied all the files from Korath's post and from the original post. My 66 errors was the result.
With all respect, you didn't. You need to download and extract all three files from the post. If drawcardlib is complaining about not finding files named .pic, it's because you haven't extracted DuelArt/Duel.dat from the third file, horsemanship-and-dclconfig.zip.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby MarkyMark » 17 Nov 2013, 20:30

I'm also having a problem after installing the patch and the two files from Korath's second post: the program gives me about a hundred errors, which mostly have to do with the program being unable to load files in the \cardart\ directory. For instance: CARDART\classic\Card_OV_Nyx.png.
I installed all three files, but somehow this keeps happening.
MarkyMark

Postby gmzombie » 17 Nov 2013, 22:18

here is a zip file with everything you need to update your system with. i copied it from my working folder. it is 24mb but has the cardart folders in right location just copy and paste into your areas.
Attachments
mtgnewest.zip
my mtg folder that should work perfectly.
(24.09 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby HarlequinCasts » 17 Nov 2013, 23:58

Korath wrote:With all respect, you didn't. You need to download and extract all three files from the post. If drawcardlib is complaining about not finding files named .pic, it's because you haven't extracted DuelArt/Duel.dat from the third file, horsemanship-and-dclconfig.zip.
The link zip that gmzombie posted works. Specifically The only difference between the files in his and the files in yours is the Duel.dat file. Is it possible that your zip file contains the old Duel.dat file or a different one?

gmzombie's
size 66,767 modified 11/16/2013

korath's
size 65,024 modified 11/15/2013
Attachments
manalink dueldat.png
HarlequinCasts

Postby Korath » 18 Nov 2013, 00:11

The files are identical; he's just mangled the line endings and changed the smallcard title text color in his. Neither should make any difference.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby HarlequinCasts » 18 Nov 2013, 00:23

Korath wrote:The files are identical; he's just mangled the line endings and changed the smallcard title text color in his. Neither should make any difference.
Haha that explains why the small card title text color looks so weird. Everything else looks so much different and nicer. Its going to take my eyes a while to get used to seeing what cards are in my hand.

I'll assume I screwed something up then. But if anyone else is having the tons of errors problem, probably just do it all again to make sure xD
HarlequinCasts

Postby HarlequinCasts » 18 Nov 2013, 00:47

Unrelated Question:

Does drafting still work? I can't get a draft to fire using the radio button in Duel or using a Draft card...
HarlequinCasts

Postby maka » 18 Nov 2013, 02:25

Hey guys, awesome work as usual.

Quick question: cards in my hand have really 'dim' colours. It's sometimes hard do differentiate between cards of different colours, lands, etc. I'll post a screenie, maybe I did something wrong, maybe that's just how it is.
Thanks.
Attachments
mtg.png
maka

Postby gmzombie » 18 Nov 2013, 02:28

yea both of what korath said is correct though i only opened it with wordpad because i couldnt read it in notepad..go figure. on that note though i know i pmed you before korath bout the game acting all slow with your drawcardlib.dll but since this all super awesome update things are back to normal and fast. though its just a dumb for the sake of correctness is there without a ton of coding a way to put classic borders have whatever color text for title and type so i can actually keep the classics white bordered and new bordered black? not a big deal really but just thought id ask. either way i can can live with it :)
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 18 Nov 2013, 05:09

maka wrote:Hey guys, awesome work as usual.

Quick question: cards in my hand have really 'dim' colours. It's sometimes hard do differentiate between cards of different colours, lands, etc. I'll post a screenie, maybe I did something wrong, maybe that's just how it is.
Thanks.
This is because they are supposed to relate to the real cards, which are also as bright, the issue is indeed in a computer screen with a bright UI this is not see visible, you can still try to tweak it in the card.dat
stassy

Postby Korath » 18 Nov 2013, 11:03

The title text on smallcards (the squarish ones that show up on the battlefield/stack/your hand) can't have different colors or placement on different frames because of an engine limitation.

When card titles are to change color because they become activateable, or have a required trigger, or stop becoming activateable, drawcardlib isn't given enough information to find out what the the card is, just the text it should draw and where it should be drawn. (And that might not even be a card name; consider the "4 #4" placeholders shown when you haven't unlocked a challenge card.)

It can be worked around, but it's labor-intensive.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby BAgate » 18 Nov 2013, 15:43

I've added all the updates (3 from Korath, plus Gargaroz's main file and the card art update) and I got the error about missing files in CardArt\modern. I added gmZombie's files (thanks btw) and everything works, but the fonts are all screwed up. I included a screenshot. Anyone have an idea where I went wrong?
Attachments
font.JPG
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby HarlequinCasts » 18 Nov 2013, 15:59

BAgate wrote:I've added all the updates (3 from Korath, plus Gargaroz's main file and the card art update) and I got the error about missing files in CardArt\modern. I added gmZombie's files (thanks btw) and everything works, but the fonts are all screwed up. I included a screenshot. Anyone have an idea where I went wrong?
Grab the duel.dat file from Korath's horsemanship zip file and copy that one over once again. The font thing is just how gmzombie had his duel.dat file setup. I was in the same spot as you and that corrected it.
HarlequinCasts

Draft ruined.

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2013, 17:04

@ Gargaroz did you include any of the work made by foolosopher since last update?because if that is the case his work is still in development and not working and ruined Draft completely.
If that is not the case then either code necessary for Draft to load was damaged or removed from new update probably ManalinkEh.dll Please check this.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Patches