It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:21

Text Size

Manalink Update 7/14: M10 + Facelift

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

End Game Image

Use new art, but AI bitching and next card doesn't work
67%
Use original art and let the AI bitch
33%

Total votes : 24

Re: Manalink Update 7/14: M10 + Facelift

Postby jatill » 15 Jul 2009, 12:20

To answer the questions...

1) I was not able to change every image into the new art, so things like the start of dual image, we're stuck with.

2) For the things that were changed, it's just using bmps, so yes, you can all replace those images to make your own skins!

3) I forgot that the dualartnew folder doesn't have every bmp in it. So the correct procedure it actually to copy dualart to dualart, and then if you want the new images, copy dualartnew to dualart. This will get rid of the black backgrounds.

4) Just delete the 'filtered' file, as mentioned.

5) I noticed that the end of game image turned off the AI bitching, but I didn't realize the next card was broken, too. What do you think, leave it broken with the new art, or revert it? Vote in the poll.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby garageink » 15 Jul 2009, 13:46

I don't think the next card drawn is a super big issue. I vote keep the new art.
garageink

Postby Neko » 15 Jul 2009, 14:43

my antivirus found a trojan in the new update O.O
Neko

Postby sture » 15 Jul 2009, 16:45

Neko wrote:my antivirus found a trojan in the new update O.O
we already had this issue in one of the last releases. this is what Jatill wrote:

Jatill wrote:Re: Virus. This probably isn't too surprising, since most of the exe's write and delete files. I don't touch anything outside the Magic folder, of course.
and btw, when it comes to files you wonder why there is a virus detected, check the file @ http://www.virustotal.com. it uses multiple antivirus engines. after the scan is complete, you get a detailed list of the results.
sture

Postby jatill » 15 Jul 2009, 17:18

http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

Along with the bug fixes, I added another small piece of functionality: the config file.
This is super useful for debugging, but not much else presently. For details, download this patch and open config.txt.

Bug Fixes:
Allied Strategies - text updated
Arcanis - bouncy bug fixed
Exhume - previously fixed, but still on the list
Lich - die when bounced
Arc Lightning - does not prompt for 4 damage
Reiterate: won't copy Hellkites
Siege-Gang: allow auto-tapping of mana on double click
Tribal Flames - now gets forked correctly
Child of Alara - doesn't work from hand, and doesn't kill Rules Engine

Thins listed as bugs that are not:
Standstill - not a bug
Tarmogoyf - yeah, the 0/1 thing is just the old rules.
Mana Vault/Sarcomancy - I wouldn't bother listing bad AI, since the list would be a mile long

For the following cards, I need specific scenarios for how to generate the bugs, since I can't duplicate them:
Gifts Ungiven
Algae Gharial
Fire/Ice
Kjeldoran Outpost
Barbarian Ring
Serpent Warrior
Coloured Artifacts: not pumped by Crusade-style effects that rely on colour.

Also, can I get a list of Haste creatures that don't work as expected?
Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 15 Jul 2009, 22:16

ok u guys having troubles with the after the match ai bitching page cause im not. it works great along with seeing the new pics and next cards...is everybody sure they have the duelartnew from this page...therea re 2 versions one from a previous attempt and a new one which is 10mbs
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby mathusalem » 16 Jul 2009, 09:10

Ok, I should be able to release the Patterned playmats and life area tonight. I found an Idea, hope you like it. it's going to be simple, for those of you who like a sober playfield.

Gotta go to work now..... halas. :(
mathusalem

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Jul 2009, 13:54

Hello ppl, how're u? I'm so glad to see such movement here on the forum: the new cards sounds so good... but I don't have time to use them right now. Can you belive it? So busy with work now that it is Summer! :( Anyway, I think I've missed a step and I don't understand the reason of the poll: would anybody be so kind to explain what is this matter of "bitching" and the card? Thanks!
0rion79

Postby somacat » 16 Jul 2009, 14:19

The poll refers to the screen you get after winning, where the computer will say something like 'I would have won if I drew more lands' or 'Next time try and beat me with all 1s and 0s' etc, and it will show you the next card you and the AI would have drawn. With the new graphic update, the text is missing and the next cards are always Wall of Stone and Cockatrice. Other than that is is an absolutely amazing improvement on the way the game used to look. Check it out when you have time!
somacat

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Jul 2009, 15:28

Ah, just that? Then it is absolutely a minor sacrifice. Good if it can be fixed too but, else, it is absolutely something worth of being lost for a greater good! :D
0rion79

Postby jatill » 16 Jul 2009, 17:14

http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

Along with this release, I also updated Vanguard play so you're not given the
original mulligan window; just the Vanguard mulligan.
Similarly, I added the QuickStart config option to config.txt. Also added CrippleAI.

I actually spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to automatically play first, but couldn't figure that out :(

Bug Fixes:
Sanctum Gargoyle - now impacted by Crusade
Algae Ghareal & friends - get multiple counters in combat
Regal Force - count creatures with Shroud
Fire/Ice - Ai can only deal 2 now
Made sure that haste creatures are played before combat by AI. I cna't do anything about cards that grant haste, though.
Tidehollow Sculler - fix crash bug

Of all the bugs in the list, this completes the ones that I think I can fix.

These cards were fixed in the previous release but are still listed:
Meddling Mage:
Voltaic Key
Argothian Enchantress
Springleaf Drum

Thanks to SomaCat for keeping the bug list up to date, and getting me good testing scenarios.
After all, I can only fix the bugs that I can verify.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Jul 2009, 18:10

I'm really happy: with the new cards and the new graphic, the game looks as reborn! There is just one trouble: very often, the opponent's screen looks all black. I bet it is because it is missing the "pattern" option. The same happens to me when I select that option from Duel Option. Maybe I'm missing some file... any clue?
0rion79

Postby jatill » 16 Jul 2009, 18:11

0rion79 wrote:I'm really happy: with the new cards and the new graphic, the game looks as reborn! There is just one trouble: very often, the opponent's screen looks all black. I bet it is because it is missing the "pattern" option. The same happens to me when I select that option from Duel Option. Maybe I'm missing some file... any clue?
From above:
3) I forgot that the dualartnew folder doesn't have every bmp in it. So the correct procedure it actually to copy dualart to dualart, and then if you want the new images, copy dualartnew to dualart. This will get rid of the black backgrounds.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Zeek » 16 Jul 2009, 18:41

Yeah, Standstill probably doesn't belong on the bug list, since the way to "fix" it would be to modify how the stack works, which is probably a lot more trouble than it's worth. If you immediately cast a Counterspell when an opponent plays a spell, Standstill should trigger once for each spell, but only causes draw when its sacrificed, meaning the first resolved trigger. However, thanks to the rules implemented in 6th edition, players get priority after any spell or activated/triggered ability resolves. That means a player with an empty hand can resolve Standstill, draw into a counterspell, then counter the spell that triggered Standstill in the first place.

I almost wonder if Standstill's effect could be forcibly triggered at interrupt speed by clicking the Rules Engine while still allowing for a counterspell to be played. It's not a huge deal, however, since the AI's judgement on how to break the enchantment isn't really great. Although in the case of a must-counter spell like Armageddon or 8 mana Mind Twist, it sucks to be down three cards and give your opponent three more. Anyway, enough of that.

Thanks for the updates and such. I'll see if I can replicate anything else. I think I sorta got lucky saving before casting either Eladamri, Lord of Leaves or Regal Force and then mentioning both cards without catching the shroud thing myself.
Zeek

Postby mathusalem » 16 Jul 2009, 20:09

OK people, I'm uploading an updated version of Duelartnew with the pattern playfield and life.
This should get rid of the black playfield problem and the bizarre rendition of cards in the "life" area.
I hope you like them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/256585064/DuelartNew.rar
mathusalem

PreviousNext

Return to Patches