It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:20

Text Size

Manalink Update 7/31: Challenge Mode + Launcher

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink Update 7/31: Challenge Mode + Launcher

Postby Marek14 » 20 Aug 2009, 06:06

monopoman wrote:Well wish someone would explain about how to access the 2nd challenge. I just beat the first one for the first time today but when i reload challenge in the game it starts off with the kobold deck again.
Well, maybe you click things through too fast. When you start challenge mode after beating the first challenge, during the initial preparations there will be a screen displaying unlocked challenges. The problem is that if you just click through (and sometimes you click so quickly you don't even see this screen!), the first challenge loads, and the only option is to quit and start again.

I think it would be better if the default challenge was the LAST unlocked, as that is the one you usually want to play.
Marek14
Tester

Postby stassy » 20 Aug 2009, 06:06

Once you beat the last duel in challenge 1 (set to 11 or more duel with 1 out of 1), you are supposed to lose the 11th and you get a message that you got some card unlocked.
Just exit the game then, run the game again with the Launcher set up on challenge restart a gauntlet
At the beginning you should be able to select the challenge you beaten and the next on the list.
stassy

Postby aww1979 » 20 Aug 2009, 06:21

meesterhans wrote:plz share your tendrildeck with us
It's in the thread about challenge #4; that's the one I used it on. I'm trying a slightly modified version on #5 now.
aww1979
Tester

Postby bandera » 20 Aug 2009, 20:34

The restricted cards of chalenge mode are same of vintage?

When I start the chalenge with 2 restricted cards in vintage, just appears "you lost" on the screen.

... it's just coincidence?

because I can use only 1 Oath of Druids, and isnt restricted.
bandera

Postby Signatus » 20 Aug 2009, 22:49

bandera wrote:The restricted cards of chalenge mode are same of vintage?

When I start the chalenge with 2 restricted cards in vintage, just appears "you lost" on the screen.

... it's just coincidence?

because I can use only 1 Oath of Druids, and isnt restricted.
I think it can be vintage OR Legacy, though I'm not sure. in legacy, oath is banned, so that might be your problem. you might be running 4 brainstorms and 4 oath of druids, which might mindscrew the game :p
Signatus

Postby Fracturedorb » 21 Aug 2009, 15:36

Ok I have tried this mode about 25-30 times now and usually get a few matches in then the game crashes. Is there any way to unlock the cards some other way? This is really getting frustrating. I like the challenge mode in theory but when the game crashes this frequently it's severly irritating.
Fracturedorb

Postby Salbei » 21 Aug 2009, 15:46

any chance you got a different mashine with "windows xp" and could try it there?vista is really a b*tch when it comes down to this very old game.

it is running , yes but it is not enjoyable at all i can tell you ^^ was really unplayable at a friends xp mashine until we tried it on his "win XP" laptop.worked like a charm there.still a crash once in a while ,but at "playable" rate->maybe once every 2 hours.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Fracturedorb » 21 Aug 2009, 18:01

I only have this system with Vista on it. Just crashed another 2 times during this challenge. I can play single duels just fine though. Not so sure what the big deal is about challenge mode that turns the game into a dead fish.

Still, any chance for an unlock so I can just use the cards? I made a planeswalker deck with all 6 of them in it and it works just fine but the L3 abilities aren't in it which is kind of a bummer.
Fracturedorb

Postby jatill » 21 Aug 2009, 18:09

Fracturedorb wrote:I only have this system with Vista on it. Just crashed another 2 times during this challenge. I can play single duels just fine though. Not so sure what the big deal is about challenge mode that turns the game into a dead fish.

Still, any chance for an unlock so I can just use the cards? I made a planeswalker deck with all 6 of them in it and it works just fine but the L3 abilities aren't in it which is kind of a bummer.
Sure, PayPal me $20 and I'll unlock all the cards for you. :twisted: In all seriousness, the cards are intended as rewards for those who finish the challenges, so why would I unlock them for everyone? You didn't have the cards last week, so I know you can get by without them.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby tojammot » 23 Aug 2009, 09:52

Could someone reupload the challenger mode + launcher to a more reliable hosting service?
http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

That location is always under maintenance.

Same thing for the basic installation files. See the manalink wiki for those.
tojammot

Postby aww1979 » 23 Aug 2009, 10:59

At the beginning of challenge 7 round 10, the game automatically closes at the beginning of the AI turn. Somacat had the same thing happen.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Regular John » 24 Aug 2009, 01:01

My game crashed at some point of challenge 1, match 10. Not nice at all...
Regular John

Postby bandera » 02 Sep 2009, 19:26

I need complete challenge mode to unlock all cards at same time?

I completed and appears the message "you unlocked Mystic Enforcer", and now appears before challenge mode "Tribal Trials / Vanguard Vengeance".

I need complete tribal trial more times?

The ultimate of planeswalkers unlock when I complete Tribal or vanguard?
bandera

Postby Squee » 02 Sep 2009, 19:44

Hi :D
In fact there is 7 challenges in this new mode (for the time being :wink: ). When you complete one, you unlock card(s) and the next time you run it, it'll prompt you to choose a new challenge or play again the previous one (but without card unlock as you allready complete this ;) )
Now the bad news : the ultimate of planeswalkers will only be unlocked in the last challenge (number 7).
See Challenge Mode Rewards for more information.
Squee

Postby aww1979 » 02 Sep 2009, 20:54

bandera wrote:I need complete challenge mode to unlock all cards at same time?

I completed and appears the message "you unlocked Mystic Enforcer", and now appears before challenge mode "Tribal Trials / Vanguard Vengeance".

I need complete tribal trial more times?

The ultimate of planeswalkers unlock when I complete Tribal or vanguard?
You don't need to complete tribal trial any more, except for fun. Now that you passed it, you have access to the Vanguard challenge (which has some more cards to unlock), or you can repeat Tribal if you want, but you won't get anything for beating Tribal again.

Planeswalkers are unlocked after the last challenge, but you can use the first two abilities even if you haven't unlocked them. It's just the third ones that are locked.
aww1979
Tester

Previous

Return to Patches